elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The rant thread

Go down 
+27
Skeletor
Mr Woman
Kim
MagicalTrevor
sundaygirl
newborn
My Bury Vest
Brentie
Lynne
Grant
Tailfly
bluejayway
Jones
al
TamedLamia
Misspelt Yoof
ticky
Dabamash
nellie
nikkijaydee
mrswoman
Leo
Topaz
bluefield
ChrissieInFL
ChrissyBoy
fadeupyoursmile
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

The rant thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 21:12

Bloody Harry Bloody Potter and the Bloody Half Bloody Blood Bloody Prince is Bloody boring as shite Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 07:46

At work we've just moved to a bigger room. We previously had several teams crammed into a very small room, so in this new room we have a lot more space. Except some dumb shite thought it would be a good idea to tie the aircon for the new room into the aircon for our server room next door... so our room, THE ONE WITH ALL THE PEOPLE IN IT, is fooking freezing and we can't change it. Yesterday I was warmer outside in the open with a short-sleeved top than I was inside the room with several layers on.

Oh and also, the lights in the new room have been linked to motion sensors instead of light switches, so when everyone's sitting at their desks working the lights turn off every bloody 5 minutes and someone has to wave their arms around to turn them back on. Good job, management, good job.

On the plus side, at least in the new room layout I don't have to sit next to Phlegm Boy anymore...
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 11:06

I'm back at work after 5 months off. All the bosses are away and there are only three people left off my old squad and I don't have anything to do and I'm bored. I want to go hoooooome. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 11:11

I'm in Manchester and it's leathering it down, and I'm driving to the Doves gig at City's car park tonight hence I won't be able to have any beer due to me skinting myself last week with Elbow.

Am sure Doves gig will be great, have just got to suffer Kid British, Twisted Wheel and a Mike Pickering DJ Set before.......and I won't be drunk but my mates undoubtedly, will. Crying or Very sad

MrW, surely a lunchtime tincture will be in the order of the day ?
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 11:18

My Bury Vest wrote:
I'm in Manchester and it's leathering it down, and I'm driving to the Doves gig at City's car park tonight hence I won't be able to have any beer due to me skinting myself last week with Elbow.

Am sure Doves gig will be great, have just got to suffer Kid British, Twisted Wheel and a Mike Pickering DJ Set before.......and I won't be drunk but my mates undoubtedly, will. Crying or Very sad

MrW, surely a lunchtime tincture will be in the order of the day ?

Oooh dear. What terrible support Evil or Very Mad Well hope you have a great time, and don't worry I'm sure being teetotal for a night won't be so bad, see as your seeing Doves Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 22:04

I should have been to see The Leisure Society tonight, tix in hand and everything, but instead I had a massive bloody argument and didnt go. meh!
I've never missed a gig I actually had tix for and I'm not very happy. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 22:14

Ohhh no!! I hope you're ok, nellie. Sad *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 17:01

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Bloody Harry Bloody Potter and the Bloody Half Bloody Blood Bloody Prince is Bloody boring as shite Smile

Went and saw it today. A family sat in front, the dad talked and stretched throughout, the mum was on the phone 4 times (no silent ringtone) and the kid played his DS. What's the point in paying to see a film if you aren't going to watch it, assholes. Anyway, it wasn't too bad (it was if you compare it to the book). I still think Daniel Radcliffe is an awful actor.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 18:02

Dabamash wrote:
A family sat in front, the dad talked and stretched throughout, the mum was on the phone 4 times (no silent ringtone) and the kid played his DS. What's the point in paying to see a film if you aren't going to watch it, assholes.

I hate hate hate people like that!! Always reminds me of a great Firefly quote though.

If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters, and people who talk at the theater.
— Shepherd Book
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 21:59

Dabamash wrote:
MagicalTrevor wrote:

Went and saw it today. A family sat in front, the dad talked and stretched throughout, the mum was on the phone 4 times (no silent ringtone) and the kid played his DS. What's the point in paying to see a film if you aren't going to watch it, assholes. Anyway, it wasn't too bad (it was if you compare it to the book). I still think Daniel Radcliffe is an awful actor.
He's a SHOCKING actor! All of the kids are really, appart from Ron...

The rant thread - Page 4 Pincers
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 23:22

Kim wrote:
Ohhh no!! I hope you're ok, nellie. Sad *hugs*

Thanx Kim, I'm happier today thanks to a lovely friend, still miffed about the gig though.
Back to top Go down
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009, 21:46

well, these last couple of days were really crappy...I live in a country which will go bankrupt within a month or two...I'm a teacher in a school funded by government so I won't get paid and I need the money to pay the rent...
I think it's the right time to move out of this god forsaken place
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 05:12

Well, I'm massively fed up today....spent thousands of pounds getting to see my son properly in the past 2.5 years, a long long story, yer know, ex using your son as a weapon, blah blah blah. (My ex has Narcissistic personality disorder - an absolute nightmare).

Things had been on an even keel for the past 3-4 months, well got a call last night to say I wouldn't be seeing him the weekend after next, when there's a 40th wedding anniversary for my parents, thought great, falls on the weekend I have my son. Oh no, "'we're going away, tough". Am so fed up of it all.

It's very, very difficult dealing with someone who's literally, and without 'building up the situation', one step from a psychopath.

Anyway, onwards and upwards..........
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 09:58

Sounds crappy mate, hope it works out better for you soon.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 10:01

Cheers MT, a crackpot isn't just for Christmas....... geek
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 11:33

I echo MTs sentiment, it can be so difficult sometimes sorting out stuff like that, but clearly you've got a positive attitude about it! Onwards and upwards indeed!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 11:37

Thanks Al, as that famous poet Ronan Keating once scribed "Life is a rollercoaster, you've just gotta ride it !" Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 15:29

Alternatively, Life is a Bitch...
insert your own punch line ! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 18:39

Looking for a job atm and NO ONE is taking anybody! I've looked in about, and no exaggeration, 40-45 shops and keep getting rejected. I know that it's the recession and all, but surely somewhere there is a spot. Only three shops have kindly taken my CV even though they had no spaces yet, but it's so frustrating to keep getting rejected Evil or Very Mad Problem is I'm so desperate I'm looking in places a wee bit far for me to travel. I really hope I get lucky. Oh to be a child of the credit crunch Sad
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 19:10

I know exactly how you feel! I've been looking for a job for months, it's horrible receiving rejections or even trying to find a bloody vacancy but persistence is the key! Something will pop up eventually x
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 19:46

al wrote:
I know exactly how you feel! I've been looking for a job for months, it's horrible receiving rejections or even trying to find a bloody vacancy but persistence is the key! Something will pop up eventually x

Cheers Al, nice to know that I'm not alone. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009, 23:11

Life is a bitch in the current climate. If I hear one more news bulletin about SWINE Flu I'm gonna screammmmmm.

I work on a maternity ward at our local hospital and now the poor new-found fathers are only allowed to visit their precious newborns for one hour a day. What is the world coming to.....
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009, 19:53

Lynne wrote:
Life is a bitch in the current climate. If I hear one more news bulletin about SWINE Flu I'm gonna screammmmmm.

I work on a maternity ward at our local hospital and now the poor new-found fathers are only allowed to visit their precious newborns for one hour a day. What is the world coming to.....

I had a mild case of it the other week, THANK CHRIST, and my theory is that the media are plugging it so much so that it takes our mind off the recession, but it's just scaring everyone to death. And I think that is ridiculous about the only visiting for one hour Sad

Last edited by bluejayway on Sat 25 Jul 2009, 20:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009, 20:04

Malaria kills a person every 30 seconds. Thats over 1 million a year. Swine flu has had, what, 30-40 deaths so far?
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009, 20:09

Bluejayway, where on earth did you find that photo and how in the HELL is Guy doing that???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The rant thread
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next