elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The rant thread

Go down 
+27
Skeletor
Mr Woman
Kim
MagicalTrevor
sundaygirl
newborn
My Bury Vest
Brentie
Lynne
Grant
Tailfly
bluejayway
Jones
al
TamedLamia
Misspelt Yoof
ticky
Dabamash
nellie
nikkijaydee
mrswoman
Leo
Topaz
bluefield
ChrissieInFL
ChrissyBoy
fadeupyoursmile
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

The rant thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 13:01

Thought i'd revisit this thread as MBV is starting a spell on sick leave.

Have had sciatica linked problems for the past 3 weeks, and going to work has been really painful but OK once I got there (clerical job, so just sat on my behind)it's been alright.......was back at docs yesterday who said go for an x ray where I've been today and await the results within a fortnight.....murder walking anymore than 1 minute, say.

So, it could be a coupla weeks of wine swilling, pound gaining and general boredom - here's to a healthy left leg again! *hick* Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 13:02

Get well soon MBV
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 13:07

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Get well soon MBV

Thanks a lot, pal - off to the chemist for more painkillers, now !
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 14:51

Believe me, MBV, it's worth putting your hands in your pockets and spending £30 a session on a proper physiotherapist.

I suffered from bad back spasms and pains down my leg for ages before I was persuaded/cajoled by mrsw to stop being an arse and go and see someone and get something done.

My root problem was due to a partially slipped disc in my back that I'd aggravated some years previously and I suffered the consequences ever since. The advice I got at the clinic at the time re: physiotherapy was, well, a bit rubbish actually and consisted of being told to do stretches and the like.

I thought that was that and I didn't really believe anything could be done, other than rest, painkillers and periodic suffering.

I was wrong.

Three sessions at the physio to realign everything and settle things down and I've hardly had anything nearly as bad ever since. I go back there for a bit of manipulation once in a while, if things feel like they might be about to flare up. Maybe once every couple of years or so.

Tons better than being locked up in agony like a stunned William Shatner.

I know £30 a session sounds a lot, but it's worth it. Let's face it, you probably spend that every Friday night - and if your condition has rendered you temporarily housebound, then you ain't spending that money anyway! A good physio will sort you out, and if they can't do owt for you, they'll tell you so you're not wasting your money.

Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010, 15:16

Cheers mate for that,

A fortnight back I went on a Man City forum asking for advice, and to be honest, the replies that came back confused me even more, advice from 'i've got it and I'm shitting in a pan' to 'just get on the piss'....

Your advice sounds realistic yet positive and not too expensive, though I know it's horses for courses....I've had problems with back discomfort for a few years - but not too bad, just it stiffening up now and again and a day of mild irritation sometimes, after a weekend with my lad, but nothing too get flustered about.....a lot of it due to my old physical job for 13 years, i'd guess, maybe wrongly.

Nearly 3 weeks ago though, it's been a 'different gravy'......the pain can settle anywhere from the buttock, to the groin to the hamstring to a dull aching of the shins...as I say speak it's on the left arse cheek (simmer down ladies).

I've been taking declafin and tramadol for the past 2 weeks which I'm sure you're familiar with, I'd guess it would be a lot worse without them - luckily, my sleeping has been good throughout.

The worst bit though is missing out on contact with my son, as physically, I just can't dream of looking after him for 2.5 days at a time - so that's really doing my head in, esp as his mother is fucked up in the head and 'emapthy' is a word not part of her dictionary (despite her having sciatica when pregnant).

At least I know where to go for advice mate - cheers ! (now where's that Merlot ?)

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Aug 2010, 16:54

hope ur doing better now MBV.

Had an absolute s**t week myself, constant battle to try and get my sons education needs met.
Had nothing but trouble for the last year and one week back and we are back to being stressed out already. It would be better if he didn't have to go to school at all.

Lack of awareness and understanding of Autism / Aspergers makes me want to SCREEEEAAAAMMMM.

thats better, normal serive can now be resumed.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 13:19

Aww, MBV & ChrissyBoy...sorry to hear y'all were having a tough time of it. Hope things have lightened up for ya both. Smile

Nothing major to rant about, except for the fact that my kid was only at school for 3 days before she caught strep throat, and had to spend 4 days home sick. Germs suck! No
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 20:48

I feel your pain Chrissie!
Back to school time seems rife with this kind of thing!
I always look forward to the dreaded 'there has been a case of headlice in our school'-letter... pale
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 12:21

Headlice, don't go there. If it's not school they get them from its sleep-overs. YUKK!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 13:09

OK, now there's an outbreak of pink eye going around school as well! Why must children be so full of disgusting things?? affraid
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 13:33

Because children are FOUL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 19:14

Nah, they just love 'close-contact'...
I am more annoyed by the stupid people who insist on parking illegally at the school and blocking me in... GRRRR!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Sep 2010, 15:16

I am tearing my hair out!!!! Evil or Very Mad

I'm trying to find staff to work for 7 days at the Ryder Cup in the TV compound catering tent. Do you think I can find any?!?!??!? You would have thought it would be easy, but this is proving a nightmare. I had a lad starting down there today as a kitchen porter and he's proving so slow that he's worse than useless. What's the matter with these teenagers - they need a bloody bomb up their bums. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ManicsTheHedgehog
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 20:55

Morons at school constantly blasting me for my taste in music. Plus some idiot who bullies me over everything.

LITERALLY EVERYTHING Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 10:21

Keep your chin up, Manics... the very fact that you're an Elbow buff means you're cooler than your horrible schoolmates will ever be! bounce
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 10:27

Agreed Kim. I wasn't bullied but was oft berated for being a Genesis fan.

In fact, that still happens Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
TinTin
friend of ours
friend of ours
TinTin

Female Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 21:53

My son has been saving to visit his American girlfriend. Rather than go for 3 months he decided
to get visa so he could stay 6 months. He had to pay about £160.00 for interview. He had letters from family out there and his girlfriends father vouching for him .we took him down to London. He had to wait 5 hours to be told he couldn't have visa as he didn't have strong enough ties to u.k. Now he can't go at all as once you are declined that's it , you can't go at all.. why would someone who intends to disappear when they get there bother getting a visa? The. Could just et a shorter booking. Loads of people were coming out with the same story. Good money making scam if you ask me. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ManicsTheHedgehog
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2012, 11:05

Kim wrote:
Keep your chin up, Manics... the very fact that you're an Elbow buff means you're cooler than your horrible schoolmates will ever be! bounce

Thank you. ^^ It's still going on, and some other kids have started being..verbally abusive towards me.

And i'm currently sick at the moment soo..

Back to top Go down
TinTin
friend of ours
friend of ours
TinTin

Female Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2012, 19:34

Dear Manic so sad and angry reading your rant. Please report this bullying to school and have you spoken to you parents . Bullying is not acceptable you must get help so. It can be stopped. Hope you have courage to stand up to these thugs. Keep us posted .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The rant thread
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6