elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time for a rant! - Social Networks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Time for a rant! - Social Networks Empty
PostSubject: Time for a rant! - Social Networks   Time for a rant! - Social Networks Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 17:19

(if you frequent chat rooms/social networking sites, you might want to avoid this...)
God damn CHAT ROOMS *starts puching random things/people/animals*.
It seems like every freaking day that I get an email from some random, unheard-of social networking site that one of my blithering idiot friends has stumbled accross and joined for no other reason than extreme boredom. "have you got Bebo" i'm always being asked (my reply is usually "no, F*CK OFF").
Now, I have Myspace, so call me a hypocrite if you must, but I rarely use it, I also used to have that Book of Faces, but I decided that it was about as useful as a mash potato laptop.
It worries me that all these millions of people now assume that they have a fantastic social life just because some random paedophile in Russia has added them as a friend.
What happened to cinema/town/road trips with real live mates?
I also hate it how people seem kind of put out and almost insulted if you admit that you aren't a member of Bebo or whatever, I mean, get a life, it's a bunch of HTML code sitting on a server, it's nothing to get upset about.
Whats with the "poke" or "punch" or "drive-by shoot" features in Facebook? I can't think of any feature that is any more pointless.
Myspace can stay, it was the orignal and the best. Facebook and Bebo, you can both sod off, as can all those random rip-offs that keep appearing.

Time to get a real life in the real world people.

(Feel free to flame me, I welcome it. I'm that sort of a mood)
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Time for a rant! - Social Networks   Time for a rant! - Social Networks Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 17:26

Heehee! Dabamash, is it that time of month again? Razz
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Time for a rant! - Social Networks   Time for a rant! - Social Networks Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 17:28

Grant wrote:
Heehee! Dabamash, is it that time of month again? Razz

Lol, it would seem so.

Actually, ive got some kind of cold, so i'm in a grouchy mood. I feel better now though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Time for a rant! - Social Networks   Time for a rant! - Social Networks Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 17:49

Actually I agree completely with you. A total waste of time, energy, bandwidth, resources blah blah blah. Pointless bolloxs. I prefer going to the pub and having a real pint with real people. I don't understand someone sending you a virtual drink. Feck off! I want real beer....that tastes of something....and makes me feel drunk (but only in a nice happy mellow way...not a shouty, ranty, fighty sort of way) Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Time for a rant! - Social Networks   Time for a rant! - Social Networks Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 18:00

well people like me and grant arent old enough to do on a russian road trip dabs

and i think theyre ok. i hate obsessive who will only speak to you via the interweb.

i use myspace for comedy really - thats it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Time for a rant! - Social Networks   Time for a rant! - Social Networks Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 18:17

Les Walkins wrote:
russian road trips

?
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Time for a rant! - Social Networks   Time for a rant! - Social Networks Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 22:42

ho ho, the irony of a bunch of people on an interweb mongboard ranting about people spending too much time on their computers. Get a life! etc.

Anyway. Myspace is utter, utter shit. If I wanted eye-wateringly garish colours, absurd waiting times and an altogether disagreeable experience with a computer, I'd dust off my ZX Spectrum and attempt to load a 22-year-old pirated copy of Brian Bloodaxe (google it). I don't think I've ever spent more than five minutes on whyspaz (as it shall henceforth be known) without wanting to insert cocktail sticks into my scrotum, just to take my mind off the fact that I've wasted the last five minutes of my life waiting for some godawful band's crappy player to load.

I think you have to get your mum and dad to sign something to say you're under 13 to join Bebo, so that's most of us out.

I don't mind Facebook though - I agree that all the poking and prodding and "you have been sent a cutesy-wutesy ickle bunny wabbit" stuff is rather irritating, but I just ignore most of that. It's great for getting hold of people quickly without having to remember their email, and I like the events thing too (there's a monthly club night I go to in London every once in a while, and without Facebook reminders I'd forget it was on).
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Time for a rant! - Social Networks   Time for a rant! - Social Networks Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008, 15:48

Lee Spoons wrote:
ho ho, the irony of a bunch of people on an interweb mongboard ranting about people spending too much time on their computers. Get a life! etc.

lol, it wasn't lost on me, but i'm sure you can see what I was trying to get at.

Lee Spoons wrote:

I think you have to get your mum and dad to sign something to say you're under 13 to join Bebo, so that's most of us out.

Hmm, never realised that. Glad i've never tried to get an account Laughing(under or over 13?)

You have some interesting points lee.

Last edited by Dabamash on Wed 19 Nov 2008, 15:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Time for a rant! - Social Networks   Time for a rant! - Social Networks Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008, 19:39

Dabamash wrote:
Lee Spoons wrote:

Hmm, never realised that. Glad i've never tried to get an account Laughing(under or over 13?)

no idea, I made it up Smile Most people on Bebo seem to be under 20 though. My son's 3 in January, and he's probably got an account.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Time for a rant! - Social Networks   Time for a rant! - Social Networks Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008, 20:05

lol, tut tut Lee. I wouldn't be surprised if you son has already befriended that Russian that I mentiond Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for a rant! - Social Networks   Time for a rant! - Social Networks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for a rant! - Social Networks
Page 1 of 1