elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 'how was your day?' thread:

Go down 
+24
Leo
Jones
butterfingersbimbo
al
TamedLamia
fadeupyoursmile
lapitu
ChrissieInFL
Glendarian
girlafraid
Misspelt Yoof
Ted
MagicalTrevor
ChrissyBoy
MrsMagicalTrevor
Topaz
Skeletor
JulieinTX
Hotblack
leespoons
Calum
Jonny
Dabamash
Carah
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Carah
friend of ours
friend of ours

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-04-21

The 'how was your day?' thread: Empty
PostSubject: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 17:41

So, how was your day?

Consider me an agony aunt, or something.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 17:43

It sucked. It's been one of those days where i've felt tired, got nothing done and everybody has been a bit edgy. Must be the weather, quite warm today. I'm not happy unless i'm sub zero.

Edit: NOOOOOOO, just saw the weather report. Gonna get warmer. Sigh, summer's on it's way.
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 18:08

My day is the official opposite of Dab's...!

It's been a happy, productive, creative and most importantly, comfy day. *smug*

EDIT: I'm with you on not being down with the heat, Dab... luckily, it's ALWAYS cold here in t'North. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 18:09

Good for you. ( Evil or Very Mad )
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 18:42

Not working this week so I slept in. It's been nice so far. Absolutely beautiful day here too.

Hoping to go and sit in the sun and a have a few cheeky pints. Some good beer gardens up here.

Not any pressing problems for you to sort out though, Carah! Sorry 'bout that...!
Back to top Go down
Carah
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 18:46

I like that this is a happy forum. Usually I just get bombarded with problems.
This is nice.

I've had an okay day. I'm going to watch Forward Russia in an hour or so. I'm so excited.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 18:53

My day was rubbish (at least until I got home and saw my little boy).

I'm desperately searching for a new job at the moment, if I stay in my current one much longer I'll turn into a gibbering idiot (not that anyone would notice!)

Wish I could get paid for listening to music all day... I could be Elbow's "quality control manager", or something.
Back to top Go down
Carah
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 18:58

What do you work as?
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 19:04

Warehouse manager... a lesson to all you students, drop out of uni and you too can end up in a dead-end job like me! Sad

sorry, slightly peed off today. I wouldn't mind but I've applied for about 6 zillion jobs in the last month and not even had one interview.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 19:06

Wow, that sucks. I hope you get a job soon. Keep trying, i'm sure somebody will hire you.
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 19:09

Know how you feel mate. I dropped out - it's not for me.

Just temping at the moment. Joy of joys.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 19:58

I've had quite a good day despite feeling a little jaded after yesterdays japes. I spent Sunday in Oxford with some other photographically orientated friends and got right royally drunk. drunken

Today I've spent the day processing images and trying to get info out of some other photographers for a joint exhibition up in Bolton in May. I'm in the process of re-organising my website and selecting images for competitions and exhibitions coming up in the next few months.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Carah
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 22:00

Amazing gig, utterly....brilliant.
So yes, good day.

As of now, til May 1st, I have no internet access, so I bid you all fairwell!

Someone email me or something if I don't post for ages, please.

LOVE YOU ALL.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 22:06

Bye Bye
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 22:10

I don't know what your email address is, so I'll just drive round Romney Marsh Canterbury blasting out Elbow songs until you re-appear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carah
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008, 23:03

Ok, well, Lastfm, yeeeeeeah.
Pleeeeease blast Elbow around Canterbizzle, it'd make my day.
Back to top Go down
JulieinTX
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008, 00:13

lee spoons wrote:
My day was rubbish (at least until I got home and saw my little boy).

I'm desperately searching for a new job at the moment, if I stay in my current one much longer I'll turn into a gibbering idiot (not that anyone would notice!)

Wish I could get paid for listening to music all day... I could be Elbow's "quality control manager", or something.

Yow. I know how that feels, hating your job yet unable to find a new gig. Best of luck to you, truly.
I had a very Monday Monday. Tired from the weekend, phone ringing off the hook at work with people I did NOT want to talk to, everyone else at work had the Monday blues...just very "bleh". But I'm not really complaining - I normally love my job. It was just very Monday today is all.
But now I'm home, enjoying a nice relaxing glass of wine with the husband (beer for him, natch), doors are thrown wide open for a perfect Spring evening, dog and cat are content to lay back and chill, so it's all good. Thinking we'll order something in for dinner rather than going to the trouble of cooking...
Back to top Go down
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

Male Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008, 14:03

Got drunk yesterday and lost my cell phone...aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhh
I could punch myself
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008, 15:35

So, your day sucked then?
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008, 16:22

My day was superb.

The kids finally went back to school after their week long break, which felt like a WEEKS long break. I love them to bits but they were seriously driving me crazy.

So yeah, after getting them on the bus, I did my usual household duties, and then puttered around outside doing yardwork and gardening. It was a gorgeous day and it felt so good to be able to get outside and enjoy it.I can't wait to get my vegetable garden planted!

Then when yard work was done, I managed to get in some nekkid sunbathing! cheers

Too much information? No really, I'm not a pig(or an exhibitionist) and do not usually sunbathe naked, but the mood struck me and I decided to try it. We live on 39 acres so it's very private. It was GREAT! A little weird, but great. And breezy.

Then I cracked open a bottle of wine, made a nice big meal for the fam, and after dinner, we all went out in the yard to play some baseball.

Good day.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008, 16:27

Sounnds like one of those perfect days.
Back to top Go down
MrsMagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MrsMagicalTrevor

Female Number of posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008, 16:33

I've been cleaning up my database Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008, 16:56

Topaz wrote:
My day was superb.

Then I cracked open a bottle of wine, made a nice big meal for the fam, and after dinner, we all went out in the yard to play some baseball.

Good day.

Hope it wasn't nekkid baseball, that could be painful Smile

Everyday seems a slog for me at the moment. There is always some s**t going on, if its not work it's home and if its not home its work and sometimes its both !!!!!!
Children (although wonderful) can be very very draining on top of evertything else. The joys of parenthood !....now where's that corkscrew....
Back to top Go down
Carah
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008, 17:58

I like still being a child, it's fun.

Today was mixed. Leaving Bristol to go home to the sticks was tough, but it's beautiful weather here and I've been reading Bukowski in the garden with lots of tea.

Lovely.

I've lost my passport, I can't afford the rent for summer, I'm going to fail a module and I'm poor, but whatever.
Life's too short.
I'll deal with it tomorrow.

YEAH.
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008, 18:01

aaaahhhhh, the flippancy of youth.

Alas, I remember it well. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 'how was your day?' thread:
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next