elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The rant thread

Go down 
+27
Skeletor
Mr Woman
Kim
MagicalTrevor
sundaygirl
newborn
My Bury Vest
Brentie
Lynne
Grant
Tailfly
bluejayway
Jones
al
TamedLamia
Misspelt Yoof
ticky
Dabamash
nellie
nikkijaydee
mrswoman
Leo
Topaz
bluefield
ChrissieInFL
ChrissyBoy
fadeupyoursmile
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

The rant thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2009, 22:58

bluejayway wrote:
Hey guys. Just wanna ask. How many of you find it the most annoying thing in the world when you have something amazing on Ebay, you bid and some guy comes along a few seconds later, normally a previous bidder, and outbids you? I am currently bidding for a limited edition signed cd and that just happened. However, I have just bid again and he hasn't outbid me....yet. This means war Razz

Did you win? Get it at a bargain price?
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 09:32

bluejayway wrote:
Hey guys. Just wanna ask. How many of you find it the most annoying thing in the world when you have something amazing on Ebay, you bid and some guy comes along a few seconds later, normally a previous bidder, and outbids you? I am currently bidding for a limited edition signed cd and that just happened. However, I have just bid again and he hasn't outbid me....yet. This means war Razz

I'm in a bidding war at the moment on ebay for 2 Halle tickets - I feel sick..
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 15:49

ticky wrote:
bluejayway wrote:

I'm in a bidding war at the moment on ebay for 2 Halle tickets - I feel sick..

I've been looking constantly since the tickets sold out. At the moment I am watching 4 lots of tickets and have 10 lots of tickets which have ended ranging from finishing price £185 to £378!!! I keep thinking maybe just maybe there will be some left nearer the date which may go for less. I'm living in cloud cuckoo land thinking that but not giving up hope just yet.

I expect we both will end up in a bidding war on some "reasonable" ones and end up still paying a fortune! Best of luck anyway!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 19:05

I've just lost out to another bidder - £401 for 2 tickets - I was pipped at the post. When it went over the £400 mark, I just had to back down. I feel really ill now ..... and more than a little upset. Sad Mad
Back to top Go down
Brentie
newborn
newborn
Brentie

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 19:56

Ouch, that's £200 per ticket!!!
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 19:58

Lynne wrote:
bluejayway wrote:

Did you win? Get it at a bargain price?

Nah. The album was the limited edition signed copy of Manic Street Preachers new album and is now quite rare. I've already got the album in 1 disc format and seeing as it was signed and a 2 disc edition with Richey's journal notes I just had to have it. I started a bidding war with bidder 6 then 8 (when I entered the bids were £12.50 and 7 bids in) and an hour before the bids ended it went to £26. I looked at other signed copies (some going for £39.99), but there was one going for £29.99 or best offer. My best offer was £27 and the buyer has great feedback so I thought why not? By the time the bid ended the item was £31.66 (haha!) So I came out better really, even though the bidding war was pretty heated Razz
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2009, 20:00

ticky wrote:
I've just lost out to another bidder - £401 for 2 tickets - I was pipped at the post. When it went over the £400 mark, I just had to back down. I feel really ill now ..... and more than a little upset. Sad Mad

Awww Evil or Very Mad That's so annoying and sad. Some bidder's are too relentless (some unhealthy so!) Hope you feel better Ticky. Love to you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 07:49

bluejayway wrote:
ticky wrote:

Awww Evil or Very Mad That's so annoying and sad. Some bidder's are too relentless (some unhealthy so!) Hope you feel better Ticky. Love to you I love you I love you I love you I love you

You're such a sweetie - thanks for the support. I WILL get there by hook or by crook. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 08:09

Yeah, best of luck Ticky, keep the faith, I've got everything crossed for you. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009, 16:37

Sorted! Razz
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 00:03

I'm still. Up.
I'm not even slightly tired. I should have been in bed at 11. I get up at 7... I am not looking forward to tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 08:06

You poor, poor girl - I'm a full-blown insomniac and it's vile - I know what you're going through. Don't worry, you'll sleep better tonight. Sleep
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009, 17:44

When i was unemployed i developed insomnia, it makes you feel so alone, everyone else is sleeping!
I will sleep tonight!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 16:23

Look its me again in the rant thread....
Was just in M&S looking at some cake to celebrate payday when some stranger walked passed me, poked my arse and muttered porker before disappearing around the corner. I was too shocked to say anything at the same and i'm now kicking myself for not confronting the bint.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 16:37

What a b*tch!!!!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 16:44

I've calmed down. It's cocktail hour in Chez Salli!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 19:54

Brick dust - horrible stuff - all over my new carpet.
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 23:02

Well, this week's been fucked up Razz
Last saturday, my girlfriend of a year and a half dumped me, and i have no idea why Razz so, naturally, i began searching for something i'd done wrong, and ended up hating myself...
I was staying at my sister's that night, she was kind enough to give me booze, and, in my drunken state, i told another girl that i like her (smooth, no?) she reciprocated, everything was fine until thursday, when she says that she thinks that i've rushed things. Roll on round 2 of hating myself!!!!!!
On Friday, i went to a part, guess what, rushing girl's there! Every time i go into a room she's there, and i did't want to leave in case she thought that i was avoiding her! Got flung out of my house that night, stayed at the person who had that party's house, got let back into my house at 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon, went to another party last night, stayed there, and here we are!

The reason i'm putting this here is because everyone i'd talk to is on holiday, and i need to vent. sorry!
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 12:42

Bloody hell! Just hung out my washing and the colours' ran. All my white's are now a horrible blue, including a new Rolling Stones t-shirt and my favourite pair of linen trousers Evil or Very Mad The t-shirt responsible was not put in by myself and the culprit will be found *shakes fist* Razz
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 12:47

Aw man!!!!!!!!!! I had a similar washing catastrophe the other month Razz One of my tops shrank! Sad
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 13:20

I'm ill - a touch of the swine flue I think. I feel like death warmed up. I hope no-one else caught it from me last Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 13:26

Awwww, ticky!!!!!!!!! I hope you feel better soon Smile
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 14:04

God, Ticky I really hope you get better soon!
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:52

People! Bloody people!
God, I love 'em and I hate 'em!

Last edited by mrsprestwichred143 on Fri 17 Jul 2009, 07:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:54

Oh Ticky!!! You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon!!!!

Oh, and mrsprestwich...or should I say Doctor Doolittle! LOL!!! They haven't started talking have they?

My rant is with the NHS. Rubbish. Where as Boots, excellent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The rant thread   The rant thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The rant thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next