elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?

Go down 
+40
Paulo Paulo
@MrIanGibson
Bennington
NeonChoir
Eag
Dano
Lynne
chan
redliz2
LongLegs
fadeupyoursmile
Kim
takemeanywhere
Grant
Skeletor
Cestriansteve
sundaygirl
My Bury Vest
Lesley Gilks
Jones
Leo
Emma G
ChrissieInFL
Hotblack
ticky
Lillybef
MagicalTrevor
Dobz
Mr Woman
ElbowFreak
Topaz
ChrissyBoy
nellie
Misspelt Yoof
Stockhaus
bluefield
mrswoman
heshofcheese
TamedLamia
bluejayway
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:35

bluejayway wrote:
Sarah wrote:
I come from the SP board, but yes, i whole heatedly agree!
I loved the first three albums the last two are irredeemably shite!
I did watch them on the TITP coverage and there was a guy in the crowd with a condom over his head inflating it in tim to hands open!

Ha! Have to see that.

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Picture1
Shazam!
(I lied, it was chocolate, but same difference!)
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:44

Hahaha, that's hilarious. *Wipes tear from eye*. Thanks so much.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:59

This thread has gone WAY off topic! It was about bands you hate, not Kasabian!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 21:11

MagicalTrevor wrote:
This thread has gone WAY off topic! It was about bands you hate, not Kasabian!

Sorry MT Smile I've moved the Kasabian talk back to their thread.

Back on Topic...

I can't stand Gary Go or Coldplay Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 21:15

Nice ones!

Never heard of Gary Go, must be my age...

You know, there's something about Lily Allen I like, largely it's her lyrics, very smart girl I think. Some of her songs are v sucky though.

I hate Nickelback, which is gonna be a slight problem in Canada Smile
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 21:18

Yeah Nickleback Evil or Very Mad Stupid band name and the amount of times their mediocre drivel is played, it just drives me mad! If I hear Rockstar again I think I'll scream.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 05:21

God yeah, Nickelback, loathsome rubbish, agree with Snow Patrol, though Run is brilliant.

Akon needs to be met by the fring squad aswell. The Fratelli's would agree with, they can have death by hanging, any band with a drummer called Mince, well, it aint a great start.

Then, there's Basshunter, death by an overload of rotten vegetables being thrown from close range by Elbow Room Only occupants.

I'll be back when the tablets have worn off..........
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 10:26

bluejayway wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:
Ditto.

(thank God someone agrees with me about RH!!!! But then again you ARE a Kasabian fan.)

Haha and damn proud. I like some Radiohead stuff, but they're quite boring and haven't really progressed in my opinion.

Sorry to disagree with you, but it's Radiohead that are progressing and Kasabian are utterly dull IMHO. Wink

But each to their own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 10:50

I have a long list including Athlete, Nickelback, keane, Bon Jovi etc.
But my biggest dislike is the TING TINGS....eewww, the name even makes me shudder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 11:11

LongLegs wrote:
I have a long list including Athlete, Nickelback, keane, Bon Jovi etc.
But my biggest dislike is the TING TINGS....eewww, the name even makes me shudder.

Omg how could I have forgotten BON JOVI. Ugh!!!
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 11:11

Hotblack wrote:
bluejayway wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:
Ditto.

(thank God someone agrees with me about RH!!!! But then again you ARE a Kasabian fan.)

Haha and damn proud. I like some Radiohead stuff, but they're quite boring and haven't really progressed in my opinion.

Sorry to disagree with you, but it's Radiohead that are progressing and Kasabian are utterly dull IMHO. Wink

But each to their own.

Hehe fair enough Razz
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 19:26

Snow Patrol, One of only two gigs I've walked out of. Don't get me wrong, I quite like some of their stuff but they were bloody awful when I saw them on the Final Straw tour. I think they've got a new Bass player now which has improved things. Not difficult as the Drummer & Bass player couldn't keep time when I saw them.

For those that are interested, the other gig I walked out of was Ryan Adams at Manchester Academy - Woeful!
What made it worse was that a friend spoke to someone in the pub before the gig who had seen him in Ireland a couple of days before. He advised my mate to sell his ticket, which he did. Sadly he didn't tell me and I had to endure 30 minutes of crap before I gave up and went for a curry.
Back to top Go down
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

Male Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 09:02

MagicalTrevor wrote:
ooo..Editors is a controversial choice! Agreed the rest are rubbish, but Editors? Bloody great if you ask me.

agree, Editors are a really great band...
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 15:52

Skeletor wrote:
MagicalTrevor wrote:
ooo..Editors is a controversial choice! Agreed the rest are rubbish, but Editors? Bloody great if you ask me.

agree, Editors are a really great band...

whoa whoa...who's dissing Editors Evil or Very Mad

Top band ..bloody brilliant , lovely lovely peeps as well, and their new tunes are incredible ..can't wait for the album!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 03:33

OK, can I revive this thread? Because, seriously, Lady Gaga. It's amazing; she does actually have talent and a decent voice, yet she's still completely, utterly, soul-crushingly AWFUL. Mad
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 14:05

ChrissieInFL wrote:
OK, can I revive this thread? Because, seriously, Lady Gaga. It's amazing; she does actually have talent and a decent voice, yet she's still completely, utterly, soul-crushingly AWFUL. Mad

Well revived Chrissie - I must confess to liking Paparazzi and another that escapes my mind....she does appear a genuine bona fide pop star, one that divides opinion totally.

Please forgive me for my sins ! tongue
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 14:29

I agree MBV. I'd never buy anything by her, but she has her place and she fits it perfectly. At least she does have talent, there's far too few talentless, yet successful artists out there.
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 16:59

I think it's come full circle and Simon Cowell is the modern day equivalent of the old style music moguls, who were the ones who made any money.
Up to the arrival of The Beatles, Tin Pan Alley had the upper hand and the artists were there merely to sell sheet music. Now that record sales are on the decline, most of the money is made playing live music so things have got better over the past 15 years. It had to or else no-one would pay the £30.00 plus for a ticket.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 13:54

In the States it seems that the 'live' bubble has burst. According to an article in The Word last month Christina Aguilera, Simon & Garfunkel, Limp Bizkit and Bon Jovi (amongst others) have all either slashed ticket prices, scaled back or even cancelled tours.

Seems like nobody can either
a) afford the prices in the current economic climate or
b) won't pay the inflated prices asked on then online 're-seller' (ie touts) market.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 06:32

I booked my tickets to see Muse in October of last year for a concert that took place last month. So, they had my money 11 months before the event.
Things are too much stacked against the consumer. You have to book that far in advance to avoid disappointment but you can't cancel if you find you can't go. Booking fees are excessive. £10.00 on top of the face value is not on.
Back to top Go down
chan
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 10:50

Not overly huge on Mark Ronson and most X factor stuff, i just dont get that programmes appeal to people.....it just doesnt feel like real music in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michaelchaneyuk
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 13:43

Have to agree I loathe X-Factor!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 13:55

Don't mind it myself...it's a pantomime, a competition. It's not about real music imo.

But it has it's place, it's entertainment, it seeps into the culture of my home country whether we like it or not. Jedward creates humour, and I loved reading Charlie Brooker's tweets about them last year (He's gone quiet this year, wonder why? Wink ).

Funnily enough I prefer it when the contestants are singing all the covers then when they come back and do their original stuff, cos that's usually crap churned out by Swedish popsongsmiths.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 15:42

I must admit to being a bit of a reality TV whore. Strictly being my absolute favourite though.

I do get into XF, and all the series I watch - once my favourite has won or fallen on their own sword, my interest, maybe Leona Lewis excepted, totally relinquishes.

It keeps me entertained on a wet November Saturday night when I've my son staying - i love the pantomime aspect of it, like MT said.

Now where's that signed picture of Same Difference.........
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 16:08

My Bury Vest wrote:

Now where's that signed picture of Same Difference.........

Probably in the pages of your Jedward annual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next