elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?

Go down 
+40
Paulo Paulo
@MrIanGibson
Bennington
NeonChoir
Eag
Dano
Lynne
chan
redliz2
LongLegs
fadeupyoursmile
Kim
takemeanywhere
Grant
Skeletor
Cestriansteve
sundaygirl
My Bury Vest
Lesley Gilks
Jones
Leo
Emma G
ChrissieInFL
Hotblack
ticky
Lillybef
MagicalTrevor
Dobz
Mr Woman
ElbowFreak
Topaz
ChrissyBoy
nellie
Misspelt Yoof
Stockhaus
bluefield
mrswoman
heshofcheese
TamedLamia
bluejayway
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Empty
PostSubject: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2009, 15:35

Don't mean to start arguments in the forum, just curious. I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So list a couple and explain why.

Here goes:
Metro Station *Do I have to explain? That song is EVERYWHERE! They can't sing and a couple of them are related to the Hannah Montana Clan (yes they are a cult!)*
Snoop Dogg *Seriously the guy is a waste of space.*
Robbie Williams *That last album? Just no! My mum loved it and his other music is very dull and repetitive. Guy also called him a bastard and rightly so.*
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2009, 18:28

- Those female singers in the style of Whitney Houston. Just hate that singing style. Too polished. To whiney.
- German spoken disco music and "Schlager" because it's so dull and pseudo emotional
- the german "singer" and member of the german rendition of "popstar" Dieter Bohlen because he's a music business shark who hypes immature youngsters for about an year and throws them in the dustbin when they stop making No. 1
- German "Schlager" bands copying the style of Coldplay. Everyone steals at Coldplay. At Britain at least entertaining. In Germany only pseudo emotional.
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2009, 19:43

TamedLamia wrote:
- Those female singers in the style of Whitney Houston. Just hate that singing style. Too polished. To whiney.
- German spoken disco music and "Schlager" because it's so dull and pseudo emotional
- the german "singer" and member of the german rendition of "popstar" Dieter Bohlen because he's a music business shark who hypes immature youngsters for about an year and throws them in the dustbin when they stop making No. 1
- German "Schlager" bands copying the style of Coldplay. Everyone steals at Coldplay. At Britain at least entertaining. In Germany only pseudo emotional.

Couldn't agree more with the "Whitney" style vocalists, TL. I blame this X Factor crap. Why do they all think that they must put ten million notes into every melody line when one or two would do?

Don't know much about the German scene, but it sounds horrendous! Worse than our Btitish chart rubbish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2009, 21:43

I'm with Hesh, I can't stick any 'band' or 'artist'' Simon Cowell and his like have created.

Cowell in particular is like some kinds of financially-driven Frankenstein when it comes to music, creating monstrous, shallow formulaic pap then given life by the musical ignorance of the many. Someone said to me years ago when these awful TV shows started that when someone adores these 'plastic' acts, it's a good indicator that they don't actually like 'real' music. They were talking about stuff that comes from the blood,sweat and tears of the musicians themselves, not some engineered product monstrosity passed off as 'talent'.

Good luck to those acts like Girls Aloud who amazingly develop career longevity against the odds of everyone else damned to a short shelf life, but I'd never buy their stuff either.

/Takes deep breath

Rant over! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 09:22

to miss quote Elvis " I used to be disgusted but now I try to be amused" I think its horses for courses all that Girls aloud stuff isn't meant for me and I suspect you unless you are a little girl in which case I appologise, but crass and money making as it is when you see the kids and parents going in to the MEN they look so happy its hard to knock it.Agree wholly with the cram as many notes in as possible brigade, and the sexist crap that passes for most RnB and Rap.
So its Bono and U2 who drive me in to a rage, never really got into the music, but that pales into insignificance, when compared to some calling themselves Bono, or The Edge I feel embarressed even typing it, the poor bastard as well as being lumbered with The Edge has to wear a daft little hat every day of his life because he's gone abit bald.
I don't mind a good cause, I think its good that those with a bit of influence support a good cause, but there is a great deal of difference between that and being some sort of Jesus type figure travelling the world meeting the Leader of the free world one minute and squeezing a bit of time in to have a little chat with the Pope, and putting an end to world poverty between meals ( its not working mate) and all the while keeping abit of rock and roll cred by wearing big daft shades and a leather jacket and cowboy boots, the older he gets the more risable specatacle the bloke becomes,Bono... nah never been much of a fan
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 10:40

bluefield wrote:
So its Bono and U2 who drive me in to a rage, never really got into the music, but that pales into insignificance, when compared to some calling themselves Bono, or The Edge I feel embarressed even typing it, the poor bastard as well as being lumbered with The Edge has to wear a daft little hat every day of his life because he's gone abit bald.
I don't mind a good cause, I think its good that those with a bit of influence support a good cause, but there is a great deal of difference between that and being some sort of Jesus type figure travelling the world meeting the Leader of the free world one minute and squeezing a bit of time in to have a little chat with the Pope, and putting an end to world poverty between meals ( its not working mate) and all the while keeping abit of rock and roll cred by wearing big daft shades and a leather jacket and cowboy boots, the older he gets the more risable specatacle the bloke becomes,Bono... nah never been much of a fan
Thumbs Up! you said it. and i could not agree more.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 11:08

mrswoman wrote:
I'm with Hesh, I can't stick any 'band' or 'artist'' Simon Cowell and his like have created.
I think he's found a few gems personally. Girls Aloud? Will Young? Leona's album is great too.

I'm fairly respectful and open to all music, but then there is Jamiroquai. There is nothing good I can say about him/them. Horrendous. Just hearing the name brings me out in a rage.
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 11:28

Misspelt Yoof wrote:
mrswoman wrote:
I think he's found a few gems personally. Girls Aloud? Will Young? Leona's album is great too.

I'm fairly respectful and open to all music, but then there is Jamiroquai. There is nothing good I can say about him/them. Horrendous. Just hearing the name brings me out in a rage.

Again I agree totally, how does that bloke afford all those great big flash cars, quite unbeleivable that the fella is so popular for what is in my opinion nothing more than a Karoke version of Stevie Wonder. So presumably people buy his records by the million and sell out every gig. He doesnt seem the nicest of people either to add to the mix
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 11:37

Simon Cowell the king of hyperbole everything is either the best/worst thing he has ever seen in his life, aday with Simon must be a blast " that is the worst cup of coffee I have ever drunk in my life" " that is by far the best Croisant I have ever tasted" Simon fuck off will you mate, I reckon Simon Cowells tastes are just a reverse indication of mine,I would hope, anything Simon likes I would almost certainly hate and anything he hates must have something going for it, and quite how anyone can take someone with teeth as white as that seriously well words fail me, has he never seen Friends
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 11:51

I'm not sure if its meant to but this thread has made me chuckle. The whole Bono thing especially sounds like a conversation I recently had with a friend, back in the 80's I kind of liked U2 but now they make me cringe. I wish someone would put Bono in front of a mirror and make him take a long hard look at himself and then just tell him to STOP, its shameful and all that makeup hes wearing makes me shudder No

Apart from that its got to be any R n B crap, well it just fills me with murderous rage. Everywhere you go its there -T.V, radio, people in cars with the windows open (oh dear its nearly summer), everytime my daughters mobile rings its some horrendous 'tune' (shes rebelling I think), at least my sons like my kind of stuff.
Right I'm off to listen to some soothing music-make me feel better. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 11:55

HAHA bluefield I think I love you. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 14:30

Don't think there is much i really hate. I like a lot of different styles of music, yes even U2 and Jamiroqui Laughing

What gets my goat up is the vocal acrobatics of Christina Aguilera and the like, totally unneccessary.

Another thing bugging me at the moment is when bands re-form simply for the cash- the other week Spandau Ballet. Now I don't even mind their music, its the fact that a few years ago they were in court and had a major law suit over song writing credits etc and now we are expected to believe they are all the best of buddies etc... Obviously only trying to make a few bob. Ditto Spice Girls world tour, Ditto Michael Jackson's fifty dates
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 16:09

I can't stand Blue's Traveler. So incredibly boring and predictable. Whenever a song of theirs comes on, I need to change it immediately.

Also despise Counting Crows. Adam's whining voice goes through me like fingernails on a chalkboard. *cringe*

One that I "should" like but don't, Bright Eyes/Conner Oberst. I can appreciate what he's doing and all, but same thing with the whiny voice going through me.

Also agree with everyone not digging the whole Christina/Britney/Beyonce thing.
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 16:17

Eermm, the band that never will work for me is Ace of Base (the band from hell as I call them).

Coming from Germany I can relate to TL! Very Happy
And for those who don't - Simon Cowell is the english equivalent to Dieter Bohlen.

Beeing an owner of every U2 CD it's hard to say something bad... but I REALLY can relate that Bono is sometimes a real pain in the arse. Alghought I was (and from time to time still am) such a huge fan of him and his work he's getting on everyone's nerves. But I guess that's exactly what he wants to... Mission accomplished! Very Happy
But I still love his voice! Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 16:36

bluefield wrote:
... when you see the kids and parents going in to the MEN they look so happy its hard to knock it.

So, you've spent time hanging round outside the MEN arena watching parents taking their children to see X factor finalists?

Is this healthy? lol!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 16:58

Nowt like a good natured argument! We should all apply for 'Come Dine With Me'...

Bono - In Feb's Q, the man himself said, "I'm sick of Bono - and I am him". Shocked

Jamiroquai -
What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Motorw10

Cowell - Aye, agree he's got a few successful acts that make some people happy. They just leave me totally cold I'm afraid. Bear in mind this is from a curmudgeonly forty-something woman who freely admits a love of cheesy 70s disco amongst most other more or less embarrassing genres Wink affraid
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 20:09

Mr Woman wrote:
bluefield wrote:
... when you see the kids and parents going in to the MEN they look so happy its hard to knock it.

So, you've spent time hanging round outside the MEN arena watching parents taking their children to see X factor finalists?

Is this healthy? lol!

Spot on I have many atime in the course of my duties, I even have spied the odd dad clad in pink cowboy hat ( him not me) as they pass through Manchester Victoria station en route to the Arena as I am waiting for my train home, and they all look excited and happy thellittle tykes as they anticipate High school musical on ice or Girls aloud or some such stuff, alot happier than the Funeral for a Friend crowd at any rate
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Apr 2009, 21:00

bluefield wrote:
Agree wholly with the cram as many notes in as possible brigade, and the sexist crap that passes for most RnB and Rap.

Totally agree with the comments on here. I only like about 3-4 U2 songs, their names are hilariously bad, and I too hate the unnecessary sexism in rap/R 'n' B. Simon Cowell manufactured rubbish makes me Mad And the fact that he used Hallelujah for the last pop tarts record made me weep, 'cause one of my friends thought she wrote it Exclamation

I love Dylan Moran's take on rap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltJuw9yNtec
Back to top Go down
Dobz
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009, 22:23

Oasis - Absolutely HATE them. My hate may be a tad irrational but what the heck. I can't stand them. I don't like their music and I don't like them or their attitude to other artists. Who the bloody hell do they think they are?

I would also be quite nervous of their gig attending fans. My daughter went to Hyde Park (or might have been Manchester - can't remember exaclty) a couple of years ago when Oasis were headlining. As soon as they came on stage the place seemed to erupt aggressively. They actually made their way to the back to get out of it.
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009, 08:21

yeah agree never had the experience of seeing them but my daughter has seem em a couple of times once at Old Trafford Cricket ground where she said the crowd where a complete bunch of dicks intent on trouble
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009, 09:44

Scouting For Girls - wtf? How did this bunch of cocks get success? Utter shite.

The Fratellis - see above

and R'n'B - If I hear another bloody song with a bloke rapping and a girl singing I'll throttle someone, can no-one do anything original in this genre any more?
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009, 10:03

R n B is a real odd one, it amuses me t o see the guys trying as hard as possible to look super tough and thern they start to sing in silly girly voices the lyrics are either stupid bragging or complete trite nonsense. I realise I am not the demographic and have no interest in chart music and only catch it by chance, but words failed me when I saw a bloke with cans clamped to his ear doing a bit of mixing and another chap singing that old creche favourite Heads and Shoulders knees and toes I honestly thought it was a joke, Christ Im turning into my dad
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009, 10:43

I've thought of four more

Elvis - Stole the blues, but he did/does inspire great music
Queen - Just overrated, but I agree that they broke boundaries
Coldplay - Damn Chris Martin and his Goons
Oasis - Dicks

I have to agree with Magical Trevor about Scouting for Girls= shite.

I also hate the fact that R 'n' B isn't rhythm and blues anymore like in the 60's it's rap with a bit of singing.
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009, 15:29

The Script
Scouting for Girls
Snow Patrol
N Dubz

My list could go on and on.......
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009, 15:30

I didnt explain why I dont like them, but I dont think I need to. They are all god damn awful !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next