elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?

Go down 
+40
Paulo Paulo
@MrIanGibson
Bennington
NeonChoir
Eag
Dano
Lynne
chan
redliz2
LongLegs
fadeupyoursmile
Kim
takemeanywhere
Grant
Skeletor
Cestriansteve
sundaygirl
My Bury Vest
Lesley Gilks
Jones
Leo
Emma G
ChrissieInFL
Hotblack
ticky
Lillybef
MagicalTrevor
Dobz
Mr Woman
ElbowFreak
Topaz
ChrissyBoy
nellie
Misspelt Yoof
Stockhaus
bluefield
mrswoman
heshofcheese
TamedLamia
bluejayway
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 16:36

MagicalTrevor wrote:
My Bury Vest wrote:

Now where's that signed picture of Same Difference.........

Probably in the pages of your Jedward annual.

On top of my Michelle McManus hip flask No
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 16:53

My Bury Vest wrote:
MagicalTrevor wrote:
My Bury Vest wrote:

Now where's that signed picture of Same Difference.........

Probably in the pages of your Jedward annual.

On top of my Michelle McManus hip flask No

Reminds me, my favourite piece of band merchandise HAS to be my Supergrass Ironing Board cover Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 13:03

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Reminds me, my favourite piece of band merchandise HAS to be my Supergrass Ironing Board cover Smile

And if you've got a bobbly jumper, you can always use your Supergrass "Caught By The ~" Fuzz Remover.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 13:13

Mr Woman wrote:
MagicalTrevor wrote:

And if you've got a bobbly jumper, you can always use your Supergrass "Caught By The ~" Fuzz Remover.

Blimey Charlie..... affraid

(Impressed actually..!)
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct 2010, 14:09

My Bury Vest wrote:
Mr Woman wrote:
MagicalTrevor wrote:

Blimey Charlie..... affraid

(Impressed actually..!)

Meh..as a joke it's 'Alright'

(see what I did there?)
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 15:54

OK. I do not hate Rod Stewart, not really. But I hate what he has become. I know he's got a lot of alimony to pay out and all, but this covering the standards shit HAS GOT TO STOP! My dad just got the latest in the Rod Stewart sadness series, "Fly Me to the Moon: The Great American Songbook Volume V". That's V as in five. FIVE of these he's done! And when I heard it at my dad's house I was just immediately depressed. Seriously, we need to get Ron Wood, Ian McLagan & Kenney Jones together to stage an intervention for this guy. It's gone far enough, dammit! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

Male Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 19:45

The Police and every breath.. by Sting.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 20:22

ChrissieInFL wrote:
OK. I do not hate Rod Stewart, not really. But I hate what he has become. I know he's got a lot of alimony to pay out and all, but this covering the standards shit HAS GOT TO STOP! Evil or Very Mad

I am totally, totally with you.
He's just a joke now.
A cartoon character.

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 1488064112_small
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 20:35

Let's try and remember him for what he used to be, not what he is now.

Like Phil Collins, in fact.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 20:42

MagicalTrevor wrote:

You know what, MT: you're right.
Let's just file them under "When good guys go... mediocre" Suspect
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Nov 2010, 09:14

Jones wrote:
MagicalTrevor wrote:

You know what, MT: you're right.
Let's just file them under "When good guys go... mediocre" Suspect

Mediocre?? That's a bit generous isn't it? Laughing

And I agree with Chrissie. Rod stewart; great voice, crap music. Just like Joe Cocker. Brilliant gravelly voice but no decent material to make me want to buy his albums. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Nov 2010, 17:10

Hotblack wrote:

Well, I'm a generous spirit... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 03:46

Jones wrote:
Hotblack wrote:

Well, I'm a generous spirit... Very Happy

Well, I'm not as generous as some of ya! I'm a very grumpy old broad! Laughing But I still don't flat-out hate Rod Stewart. I just have to pretend that the last 30 years of his career (basically, everything he's done since he went disco) were a bad dream caused by something I ate, and that's about as generous as I can get. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Eag
little beast
little beast
Eag

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Nov 2010, 22:57

Disappointed no-one's taken the plunge and said "Muse" in this thread...
Must just be their frontman and his voice which I don't like but he clearly loves. And similar pompous overuse of piano. And dire lyrics (when discernible). But mainly the voice. And the self-loving... Anyway, glad to get that off my chest, I have to keep quiet around far too many friends!

And yes, earlier posters, Jack Johnson. The product of a contest to see how little effort you can put in while still having the outcome stick irritatingly in the listener's head. And a voice constantly stuck in one neutral tone.

It is actually funny when you think about it that so often the singer's voice can make or break whether you like a band or not to such a huge degree.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Nov 2010, 23:12

Eag wrote:
Must just be their frontman and his voice which I don't like but he clearly loves. And similar pompous overuse of piano. And dire lyrics (when discernible). But mainly the voice. And the self-loving... Anyway, glad to get that off my chest, I have to keep quiet around far too many friends!

And quiet around me and MrsMagicalTrevor too, I just did a 22 hour round trip drive to see Muse twice in New York!

Only joking though, you are entirely entitled to your wrong opinion Wink
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Nov 2010, 23:27

Eag wrote:
It is actually funny when you think about it that so often the singer's voice can make or break whether you like a band or not to such a huge degree.

I agree - I simply cannot abide Michael Stipe's voice, I find it far too whiney. Hence - I really dislike REM.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 15:04

Eag wrote:

And yes, earlier posters, Jack Johnson. The product of a contest to see how little effort you can put in while still having the outcome stick irritatingly in the listener's head. And a voice constantly stuck in one neutral tone.

Jack Johnson - oh, aye - what a crock of shite - couldn't agree more.

Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 20:14

I'm going to be good about this and pretend I didn't read the horrendous comment about Muse some posts above...

There were a few people mentioned in here that I like. I won't mention who, because then people would be like, "WHYYYYY?" I didn't realize tastes in here apart from Elbow were so different.

Anyway. Here's what I thought of firsthand in terms of artists I dislike listening to.

♦ Oasis. I never have liked them, and I never will. Liam's voice is atrocious, and from what I've read, he's also a genuine douchebag. I will say that Noel's song "Teotíhuacan" that he did for "The X-Flies" soundtracks was nice, but that doesn't really fall under Oasis, does it?
♦ Bob Dylan. It's a voice issue, honestly. If it weren't for his voice, I might be able to tolerate listening to him.
♦ La Roux. My brother loves their song "Bulletproof" and plays it all the time. The singing is annoying. The fact that my brother plays it all the time is annoying. They're just...annoying.
♦ Joanna Newsom. Her voice is like fingers scratching on a chalkboard, especially on her older stuff. Jesus Christ, I can't stand it. D: I love her harp playing, but the voice kills everything.
♦ Pussycat Dolls. There's six of them, and yet only one of them does any real singing. What kind of group is that supposed to be, exactly?

I would like to also add that I can only listen to Frightened Rabbit in small doses before Scott Hutchison's voice drives me up the wall.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 20:16

Wow...you got a real 'voice' thing going on huh?
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 20:26

Yeah, I do. I'll admit it. You can have really great background music, but if I think your voice is just awful, it kills it for me. With voices that are OK, if the music itself is good enough, I learn to tolerate what I don't like about it and eventually appreciate it for what it is. Arcade Fire is a great example of that. I find Win Butler's voice to be a bit of an acquired taste. Actually, one of the main things I love about "The Suburbs" is how much better Win's voice seems to have become to me.

The funny thing about the voice thing is that even though I'm a musician, I'm not a vocalist. o.O
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 13:49

NeonChoir wrote:
Yeah, I do. I'll admit it. You can have really great background music, but if I think your voice is just awful, it kills it for me. With voices that are OK, if the music itself is good enough, I learn to tolerate what I don't like about it and eventually appreciate it for what it is. Arcade Fire is a great example of that. I find Win Butler's voice to be a bit of an acquired taste. Actually, one of the main things I love about "The Suburbs" is how much better Win's voice seems to have become to me.

The funny thing about the voice thing is that even though I'm a musician, I'm not a vocalist. o.O

I sort of have your problem, but in reverse. I am very hung up on voices too, but I really love those singers who have some sort of interesting character to their voices. And a lot of the time, what I like is the stuff that most other people might really hate! I like Tom Waits, Bjork, Janis Joplin, Joey Ramone, Roy Orbison, Wayne Coyne - all that sort of stuff. And I know a lot of people dislike those same artists because they think they sound annoying, or whatever, but annoying is definitely a relative term. I can't handle Dylan's voice, and Simon LeBon from Duran Duran bugs the ever-loving shit out of me, but I know loads of people love the way those guys sing. So there ya go - to each his (or her) own! Cool
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Feb 2011, 18:10

Roy Orbison has a pretty voice. Very Happy I remember when I first heard "Cry." It was nice. I will say that I get really annoyed every time I hear "Pretty Woman." However, that has nothing to do with Roy Orbison. When I was still in my pre-university days, it was a tradition in our school district that for one game of the football season, all the band students from grades 7-12 would come together on the field and play "Pretty Woman" for everyone during halftime. After having to go through six years in a row of being forced to rehearse that song, I honestly don't want to mess with it ever again.

I also actually like Björk, from what little I've heard from her. I know "Hunter" and a few other tracks that I've heard from mixtapes people have made. She's different, but hardly in a bad way. I probably should listen to more of her.
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 11:18

Hate is a very hard word....
Well... I really dislike Ace of Base. I call them the band from hell... *LOL*
It's just the way it is... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

Male Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 11:51

I think i said Police. I can add Queen, Madonna, Lady Gaga.
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Feb 2011, 16:10

Oh! The Shaggs. I have to talk about them.

You all have never heard of them, right? (Or, at least, I'd never heard of them before last week) Well, there's a good reason for that. They are literally the worst band ever. I didn't think anyone could hold that title, but a friend showed me a couple of videos last week, and they were horrendous. It was hilariously bad. It got to where it was more comedy to us than anything. If you were to view them from a musical perspective, I'm sure you would hate them, too. They are a disgrace to music. However, if you don't think about it at all, then it's actually quite funny to watch.

Let me show you what I mean:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next