elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?

Go down 
+40
Paulo Paulo
@MrIanGibson
Bennington
NeonChoir
Eag
Dano
Lynne
chan
redliz2
LongLegs
fadeupyoursmile
Kim
takemeanywhere
Grant
Skeletor
Cestriansteve
sundaygirl
My Bury Vest
Lesley Gilks
Jones
Leo
Emma G
ChrissieInFL
Hotblack
ticky
Lillybef
MagicalTrevor
Dobz
Mr Woman
ElbowFreak
Topaz
ChrissyBoy
nellie
Misspelt Yoof
Stockhaus
bluefield
mrswoman
heshofcheese
TamedLamia
bluejayway
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
takemeanywhere
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-07-23

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 14:33

Keane, Athlete and The Editors. Bedwetters, the lot of them.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 14:38

ooo..Editors is a controversial choice! Agreed the rest are rubbish, but Editors? Bloody great if you ask me.

Scouting For Girls are utterly without merit, The Fratellis wind me up for some reason. It's probably the hats they wear.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 15:14

Omg La Roux. Just terrible music and can't sing at all!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 16:51

Katy Perry. Ugh. awful.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 19:05

I really dislike Motown music... but I think it largely stems from a temp job I had during school. The people in the office would listen to Heart on the radio all the time, which pimped itself as "The home of great music variety." when every single time I was in the office (2 days a week) it would be THE SAME Motown songs played over and over again...

I appreciate that it's not like the Motown scene is current, so there aren't any *new* songs to play per se, but surely there must be enough of them to avoid repeating the same songs every bloody hour!!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 19:14

Scissor Sisters. Plain wrong.

And...OK...more possible controversy, but....

Radiohead. I don't hate them, just think they are very very over rated.
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 19:29

sundaygirl wrote:
Scissor Sisters. Plain wrong.

And...OK...more possible controversy, but....

Radiohead. I don't hate them, just think they are very very over rated.

Agreed about Radiohead, shhhh Razz
And Eminem Evil or Very Mad Really just annoys me and that god awful song We Made You, just wrong on so many levels.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 19:30

Ditto.

(thank God someone agrees with me about RH!!!! But then again you ARE a Kasabian fan.)
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 19:33

sundaygirl wrote:
Ditto.

(thank God someone agrees with me about RH!!!! But then again you ARE a Kasabian fan.)

Haha and damn proud. I like some Radiohead stuff, but they're quite boring and haven't really progressed in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 19:39

I totally agree!!! And Thom Yorke reminds me of those awful divas who can hold on to notes for hours on end. The way he constantly shows off his range in songs to me is like "hey, look what I can do". Yes, we know. We get it. Now just shut up and sing. Guy has an incredible range, I think surpassing York's, but he doens't go over the top. He knows when to hold it back and then when to let it rip. That, to me, is a true artist.

Ooo, and speaking of awful divas, apparently there is a duet, Whitney Houston AND Mariah Carey. Can you imagine? The two of them. Together. On one song. You know that scene from Marathon Man where Lawrence Olivier is torturing Dustin Hoffman? Well, that would be me if someone played that song. Ugh (shudders).
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 19:44

sundaygirl wrote:
I totally agree!!! And Thom Yorke reminds me of those awful divas who can hold on to notes for hours on end. The way he constantly shows off his range in songs to me is like "hey, look what I can do". Yes, we know. We get it. Now just shut up and sing. Guy has an incredible range, I think surpassing York's, but he doens't go over the top. He knows when to hold it back and then when to let it rip. That, to me, is a true artist.

Ooo, and speaking of awful divas, apparently there is a duet, Whitney Houston AND Mariah Carey. Can you imagine? The two of them. Together. On one song. You know that scene from Marathon Man where Lawrence Olivier is torturing Dustin Hoffman? Well, that would be me if someone played that song. Ugh (shudders).

Haha yeah "is it safe?" It is torture to listen to ugh!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 19:46

Painful. LIke Lily Allen. When I hear it my stomach turns. Literally. To me these "people" (I use the term loosely) are a crime against music.
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 19:50

sundaygirl wrote:
Painful. LIke Lily Allen. When I hear it my stomach turns. Literally. To me these "people" (I use the term loosely) are a crime against music.

Mmmmhmmm. Agreed. Talking of Lily Allen, I hate people that become famous because their parents are/were famous. For example Lily and PEACHES GELDOF ugh ugh ugh. Well saying that Dhani Harrison is bloody good, but doesn't have his music out there.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 19:51

Oh, so so so so so so so true. Like I said earlier, when I hear Pulp's Common People it makes me think that Jarvis wrote it about creeps like Lily.

BYW.... I LOVE that photo!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 19:54

sundaygirl wrote:
Oh, so so so so so so so true. Like I said earlier, when I hear Pulp's Common People it makes me think that Jarvis wrote it about creeps like Lily.

BYW.... I LOVE that photo!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it so sweeeeeet. I dunno what Tom's actually doing, but I think Serge pushed him Razz
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 19:58

They make such a cute couple. I just saw an interview with them where Tom says their relationship is like a marriage. He he. They are very close. Did you see that one video? The tour diary video. After they had played the Teenage concert trust show at the Royal Albert Hall, and it was like their first major show in ages, and when they got backstage Serge went over to Tom, hugged him and gave him a kiss. Ahhhh. Boys are so cute.
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:10

sundaygirl wrote:
They make such a cute couple. I just saw an interview with them where Tom says their relationship is like a marriage. He he. They are very close. Did you see that one video? The tour diary video. After they had played the Teenage concert trust show at the Royal Albert Hall, and it was like their first major show in ages, and when they got backstage Serge went over to Tom, hugged him and gave him a kiss. Ahhhh. Boys are so cute.

Awwww, they're adorable. Unfortunately I haven't seen that video Sad
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:14

Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:16

Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:16

sundaygirl wrote:
Here ya go...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm81GPRlpUw

Awwww cheers so much.

Anyway back on topic. I hate....

Snow Patrol (Nobody shoot!)
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:17

Oh yeah....better stay on topic. Not like this is a forum or anything....
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:19

I come from the SP board, but yes, i whole heatedly agree!
I loved the first three albums the last two are irredeemably shite!
I did watch them on the TITP coverage and there was a guy in the crowd with a condom over his head inflating it in tim to hands open!
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:21

Sarah wrote:
I come from the SP board, but yes, i whole heatedly agree!
I loved the first three albums the last two are irredeemably shite!
I did watch them on the TITP coverage and there was a guy in the crowd with a condom over his head inflating it in tim to hands open!

Ha! Have to see that.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:24

bluejayway wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:

If you go on youtube and subscribe to the Kasabian video site there are loads of them. Another great one is the making of the Fire video and shooting the album cover.

http://www.muzu.tv/Kasabian/making-the-fire-video-and-west-ryder-photoshoot-music-video/210308
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 20:26

sundaygirl wrote:
bluejayway wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:

If you go on youtube and subscribe to the Kasabian video site there are loads of them. Another great one is the making of the Fire video and shooting the album cover.

http://www.muzu.tv/Kasabian/making-the-fire-video-and-west-ryder-photoshoot-music-video/210308

Hang on a mo. Let's take this to the Kasabian thread Razz I don't want to feel Sarah's wrath Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?   What Bands/Artists Do You Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Bands/Artists Do You Hate?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next