elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 'how was your day?' thread:

Go down 
+24
Leo
Jones
butterfingersbimbo
al
TamedLamia
fadeupyoursmile
lapitu
ChrissieInFL
Glendarian
girlafraid
Misspelt Yoof
Ted
MagicalTrevor
ChrissyBoy
MrsMagicalTrevor
Topaz
Skeletor
JulieinTX
Hotblack
leespoons
Calum
Jonny
Dabamash
Carah
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2008, 15:57

Flowers, eh? Hmm...!
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 19:39

Yes, flowers for Calum.

Welp, I've spent my day in the hospital with my grandmother. So, not such a great day.

My grandmother is 93, will be 94 in July, and is truly amazing. She still lives alone, is mentally as sharp as a tac, drives, gardens, cooks dinners...you name it, she still does it.

This morning she felt very ill and was suffering from severe gastrointestinal issues. So bad that she was not able to hold herself upright. I got a frantic phone call from my mom, with little to no information, stating that she was being taken to the hospital by ambulance.

I guess when the ambulance arrived, she refused to ride in it out of pride. Silly stubborn Gramirendy. So, my aunt and uncle drove her in.

I headed straight over. I hate hate emergency rooms. All you do is wait. And wait. Finallly, everyone but my mother and I left after sitting in the waiting room with her, then the treatment room by her bed, for hours.

The only treatment she has had thus far, has been periodic blood pressure checks and some blood taken. I think they are concerned as she had something similar happen in December and never bounced back from it fully. She didn't see a doctor at that time so it could have been anything.

Anyway, I finally had to leave to get my kids off the bus from school.

I think she's o.k. though. My mom is staying with her for a bit, then my stepfather is taking over for her. Hopefully my Gram's just got a stomach bug and nothing major and will be back home tonight.

Everyone at the hospital kept asking her what her secret is, whether it's genetics, lifestyle, etc. We all actually had some very nice conversation. Hours and hours of conversation...ha. Nothing else to do! I found out that my grandmother is full on English. For some reason, I thought she had german and dutch in her. So, I learned something new.

The hospital staff said she is one tough cookie and is probably in better shape than they are themselves.

Sorry for blathering on but it feels good to get it off my chest. The worry has been quite overwhelming.

Please think good thoughts for my Gramirendy!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 20:00

Good luck to her, I hope she pulls through it quickly. Sounds like she deserves it.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 20:03

Dabamash wrote:
Good luck to her, I hope she pulls through it quickly. Sounds like she deserves it.

Ditto. All the best for her Topaz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 20:34

Yes, all the best to you and your Grandma, Topaz.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 20:52

What they said... all the best to your Gramirendy, Topaz. (I'm intrigued - where does the name 'Gramirendy' come from?)
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 21:32

Thank you so much for the well wishes.

I just got a call from my mom and my gram's on her way home.
Blood work was good. Seems she has some sort of bug and was a bit dehydrated.

Lee, my grandma's name is Mildred. A lot of people call her Mirendy. No idea why, never asked her. Just a nickname I suppose? Anyway, my sisters and I got a kick out of that and thought Gramirendy flowed nicely, and it stuck. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 22:51

Good news! Delighted for you!
Back to top Go down
JulieinTX
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 23:26

God, I hate scares like that.
One of the suckiest things about growing older is watching people you have loved dearly and leaned on all your life become frail and delicate. You step up and do what you can, and you do it lovingly, willingly, and happily - they took care of you, now you take care of them, but it IS hard.
Don't apologize for getting it off your chest, Topaz - I'm so glad your Gram is just fine!

And I love her Grandma name! My mother's name was Janette, and since she didn't want to be called "Grandma" (because it "sounded old", natch), we settled on Granette...silly, I know, but she loved it!
Back to top Go down
JulieinTX
little beast
little beast

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May 2008, 23:30

BTW, I meant to say...your home looks just beautiful! I'm always envious of people who live in places where Summer is a delight to be enjoyed and not a trial to be endured.
94 degrees fahrenheit in Dallas today. And it's only May 21st. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 22 May 2008, 10:41

Thanks so much Julie. It really is difficult watching everyone I love getting older. I can't even let the thought of my parents getting old and sick creep into my head. It makes me too sad.

Granette is a good nice flowing one too!

Summer is definitely a delight here. Actually, we live on such beautiful land that every season is pretty in it's own way.

94 degrees is too hot for me. I like it to stick around 70...perfect.

It's been downright cold here! Very strange for mid/late May. It's only 40 degrees this morning. WTF??

Supposed to warm up significantly within the next few days though. We shall see...
Back to top Go down
JulieinTX
little beast
little beast

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 May 2008, 20:55

94 is too hot for me, too! And it's only May...I've lived in this area all my life and have NEVER liked the heat. It's currently 92 at not-quite 4:00 p.m. Bleh! We had, by Texas standards, a very mild Summer last year, so I fear we're in for it this year.
However (back to "how was your day?")...it's the Friday kickoff of a holiday weekend, work closed early today, and I'm working on a nice chilly on-the-rocks margarita to balance out the heat. So it's a good day!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 May 2008, 21:06

Half term. No kids in today. IT training... BRING IT!!!!

I'm a TA in a special needs school!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 24 May 2008, 16:52

Had a good day today. Went out and bought the new LG viewty, which is fantastic, then went for a walk at a local park. Just chillin atm.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 24 May 2008, 20:16

I'm getting a bit of a beer belly again, so I bought myself some running shoes today, and went for a 3-mile run round the village just now... and I feel GREAT! Couldn't've done it without my ipod shuffle though.
Back to top Go down
Carah
friend of ours
friend of ours

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 May 2008, 09:26

Friday was my birthday, so that was good fun, naturally. I hate getting presents, so my friends raised a load of money for a charity I'm involved with, which was fantastic.
Yesterday was nice. My friends from home are visiting, so we went to the theatre for lunch, then watched Eurovision with some beeeeers.
Today is wet and cold and they are going home. =[
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 May 2008, 14:07

I'm making roast lamb... I am way more proud of myself than i should be!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 May 2008, 20:45

My day was great! I was such a busy bee driving 55 kilometres (34 miles) with my bicycle through the green subburbs of Berlin... bounce
I think I will do it again trying the big bicycle-wandering-circle south of Berlin which is 64 kilometres (39 miles) long...
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 May 2008, 21:35

The lamb was kickass!
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 26 May 2008, 00:02

Hooray for kickass lamb!

Today has been such a great day.

My San Franciscan friend and her son have been in NYC for a couple of days, so they took the train over to see me today. We drank many Mojitos, ate lots of good food, burned lots of stuff in the bonfire, chatted endlessly, and basically just had a great day together. A few hours seemed like a couple.

I was so sad to put her back on the train and say goodbye. Sad
Back to top Go down
lapitu
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Jun 2008, 17:13

goodbyes suck, mostly.

I had a Maths-test today, cause 2 thirds of the class fucked the first one up (me including). this time I even managed to do all the stuff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JulieinTX
little beast
little beast

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Jun 2008, 23:31

You know those weeks where you're always a day ahead in your own mind, i.e. you keep thinking it's Thursday when it's really only Wednesday? I'm having one of those weeks. Aggravating.
That said, today was a good day. Most of the office was out in some half-day long meeting, so all afternoon I got to get some work done without interruption and listen to my music as loud as I wanted. Nice!
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jun 2008, 10:18

The past couple of days have been great!

I finally got my garden planted. All but my green beans and marigolds.

After anxiously awaiting the rototilling/fencing of my garden, and getting horribly frustrated at slow-ass rototilling/fence man, I'm pleased to say that it's almost complete! Just a bit more fence finishing up and it's done.

I'm just happy to have gotten all my plants and seed in.

Lookie:

The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Gardenplanted3

Isn't it beauteous?
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jun 2008, 12:32

Have you planted any "Cool Beans"?
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Jun 2008, 20:15

Of course. Only the coolest of beans in my garden. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'how was your day?' thread:   The 'how was your day?' thread: - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 'how was your day?' thread:
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next