elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra

Go down 
+54
weatherhead
allyngibson
oneofthethree
LongLegs
Eag
neil68
redliz2
heshofcheese
Grant
evad
andy_landy
yesman
Cestriansteve
bluefield
HANNAN372
captain pugwash
Tom
sparky
shandylegs
badabing
Mr Woman
MrsMagicalTrevor
ChrissieInFL
evilpixie
mrswoman
Glendarian
ticky
WOBLEwoble
Tailfly
Lynne
Jones
MagicalTrevor
SmilinSkullRing
KieranFunzig
disposablehero
Hotblack
lucky with disease
newborn
Kim
Lillybef
My Bury Vest
gazzmatazz
takemeanywhere
Stockhaus
Honorella
Prestwich Red 143
fadeupyoursmile
nikkijaydee
Emma G
nellie
sundaygirl
al
hilaryg
Misspelt Yoof
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 07:54

Re parking, can you not park at the GMEX? thats not far away is it? Or is my sense of direction completey off course? Smile

We drove past there on Tuesday for the Kasabian gig and im sure It wasnt that far
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 10:01

Quote article:
"...songs from all four Elbow albums..."

"...added orchestral variations to Weather to Fly..."

YAY, YAY, YAY and YAY!!!!!!!

My favourite song!!!

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Smiley-happy023Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Smiley-happy023Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Smiley-happy023
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 10:04

Oh, and thanks Sundaygirl for scanning the article!
I am packed and ready and just bursting with excitement!Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Smiley-excited001
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 10:09

I can't stand it!!!! I can't stand it!!!! The wait is kiling me!!!!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 10:11

Jones wrote:
Oh, and thanks Sundaygirl for scanning the article!

Oh you're welcome. Sorry if you had to tilt your computer to read page 2.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 10:26

For Elbow I'll bend and tilt anyway necessary!

Erm...maybe that sounded a bit wrong...Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Smiley-shocked002 but you know what I mean !!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 10:27

Sorry, giddiness reaching dizzying heights!
(try saying that with a few beers on ye!)
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 10:32

Jones wrote:
For Elbow I'll bend and tilt anyway necessary!

Erm...maybe that sounded a bit wrong...Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Smiley-shocked002 but you know what I mean !!! Razz

You said it....but we ALL think it!!!
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 13:03

sundaygirl wrote:
Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Lastsc10

The interview that photo is taken from was played on a loop at the pavillion bar last night, I drove my friends mad cos I kept stopping mid conversation every time Guy came on screen Embarassed Embarassed at one point they all left me just to see if I noticed-I didnt! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jul 2009, 18:56

Would like to thank Elbow for a minor miracle. Have been trying to get my mum on a plane for ages with no success. She's finally taken her first flight today at the age of 77 so she can see Elbow and the Halle Orchestra on Wednesday. Maybe now she'll go and see her sister in Vancouver.
As for myself, I'm really looking forward to the gig. Should be even better than their Meltdown Festival performance at the Royal Festival Hall, and that was amazing. Hope Craig gets to use the huge pipe organ.
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jul 2009, 23:10

evilpixie wrote:
Would like to thank Elbow for a minor miracle. Have been trying to get my mum on a plane for ages with no success. She's finally taken her first flight today at the age of 77 so she can see Elbow and the Halle Orchestra on Wednesday. Maybe now she'll go and see her sister in Vancouver.
As for myself, I'm really looking forward to the gig. Should be even better than their Meltdown Festival performance at the Royal Festival Hall, and that was amazing. Hope Craig gets to use the huge pipe organ.

That is just brilliant, and what a totally cool mum you have Cool
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 14:24

I don't know if I'd describe my mum as totally cool but I'm proud of her all the same for finally overcoming her fear, especially as she didn't have the greatest weather to fly. Very Happy
Just getting ready for the long drive up to Manchester this afternoon/evening. Hopefully see a few of you on Wednesday. Can't Wait!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 16:47

Haven't been on in AGES...have been extremely busy with my kid out on summer hols...but I was aware of the fact that some of you lucky buggers are going to be reveling in orchestral Elbowy goodness this week, so I wanted to just say have fun! Even though I won't be able to go, please don't let guilty feelings or whatever stop you from enjoying yourselves. Really, it's OK...I don't mind. It's just that I'll probably be chasing after my kid or cleaning the house while you're all at the shows, which is fun too, in its own way. And maybe there'll be something decent on the telly or something. So, you know, I'll be fine. Honestly, it's no big deal. It doesn't suck half as bad as you'd think, truly. Laughing

Anyway, have a great time, you lucky gits!!! And pictures please if anyone manages to snap some!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 20:38

Quote :
Jesca will be performing at Castlefield Arena before the Elbow/Hallé free, live relay to a big screen. Unticketed: entry is on a first-come, first-served basis on the night. Doors at Castlefield Arena will open at 6pm. No audience will be admitted before this time. Jesca will perform between 6 and 7:30 for 30mins. The Elbow live relay of the concert will start at 7.30pm and finish at approx 10.00pm. http://www.mif.co.uk/events/elbow-the-halle-big-screen-relay/
You lucky buggers!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 20:43

OK. it must now be made official.

The most WONDERFUL wife in the WHOLE WIDE BLOODY WORLD is MY wife, Wendy, AKA Mrs Magical Trevor, who, as I was about to bid on eBay for a couple of Hallé tickets, handed me a pair that she has been hoarding for weeks Smile

Sorry I spoiled the surprise (she wanted to give me them tomorrow on the night) but we are going now!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 20:45

Your Mrs is wonderful!
Back to top Go down
MrsMagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MrsMagicalTrevor

Female Number of posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 20:52

Yes I am cheers
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 20:52

Yes you are!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 20:55

You know, the last few weeks have been so upsetting for me. I was so fed up about missing this gig that I could hardly listen to Elbow at all, and the dreaded sight of the words "Topic Reply Notification - Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra" in my inbox was enough to make my heart sink.

Even administering the forum was hard, cos it was a constant reminder of how I was gonna miss the gig of the year, then leave the country Sad

Not now, thanks to the best missus in the land Smile
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 20:59

Aw!
Well done MrsMT! How on earth did you keep that one to yourself?!
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 21:07

This is good....I get the chance to buy you that pint I owe you cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 21:10

Woot, way to go Mrs MT! I'm chuffed to bits you & MT will be there. Party!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 21:12

Awwwww, that's love. Dead chuffed for you.
Back to top Go down
MrsMagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MrsMagicalTrevor

Female Number of posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 21:13

As if I would let him miss it Rolling Eyes

Just a shame he had to go eBay mad the night before.. I had it all planned for tomorrow night as a big surprise... "What do you want to do to celebrate finishing work? beer? curry? OR how about Elbow and the Halle?"

Keeping it secret has been somewhat stressful... but fun too... I deserve a bloody oscar I think Cool
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 22:23

What a lovely wife you have. I think you should rename her on the Forum as Mrs Wonderful. What a fab surprise and you kept it secret for so long!

Look forward to meeting you both and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra
Page 15 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next