elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Muse

Go down 
+31
Space_dementia
Quent1n
NeonChoir
AyannaD
The Final Track
CrisalidaBoy
Dano
Tailfly
Hotblack
Mollyb
ElbowFreak
sparkly
leespoons
My Bury Vest
hilaryg
redliz2
newborn
Misspelt Yoof
Lesley Gilks
schteiny
Stockhaus
WOBLEwoble
Kim
Leo
Topaz
Ted
MrsMagicalTrevor
Jonny
demonocracy
MagicalTrevor
Dabamash
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 12:28

Ahaha yes MT. And I like it when they are recording the clicks in the toilet and Chris hits the mic by accident.

There's going to be so much hype around this album though: it may drown it out.

"Our hopes and expectations"... that's all I'll say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 18:12

YIPPEE GOT MY TICKET FOR SHEFFIELD bounce Party!
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 05 Jun 2009, 12:23

I missed out on tickets yesterday and today as I couldn't be around when they went on sale. They are of course straight on ebay! Grrr!!! If anyone else is having problems getting tickets, they are still available direct from the venue at Liverpool and the other venues are probably the same. No standing unfortunately, but at least I have tickets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 21:26

Yay Muse! ^_^ All I could get for the O2 gigs this tour was one rubbish seat ticket each night, but like you say, at least I'm going.

I went to the 2 Wembley Stadium gigs too and you can see my friend and I in the HAARP DVD a few times during Knights Of Cydonia, you can see that I was clinging on to the barrier for dear life because the crushing was so bad haha (it started at Biffy Clyro and didn't let up for the whole day...) so I don't look very happy... but I was loving the music, honest!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 06:59

For those not on the mailing list, this came through yesterday:

---

NEW MUSE.MU

As some of you may have noticed, we launched a brand new muse.mu today! This all new Muse website has some extra features (more on these below) including a detailed tour archive complete with your pictures and comments, integration with the MuseWiki so you can contribute to the discography and tour journal and a Muse Map in three different sections so you can view images, members and tour dates on a world map.

Muse.mu forum users, you can log straight in and update your profile. All your pictures and comments from the old site are ready and waiting! Don't forget to tag yourself by country and city if you want to appear on the Muse Map.

UNITED STATES OF EURASIA

Not only are we launching a new website today, but we're also taking registrations over at http://ununitedeurasia.muse.mu for something pretty special that will be starting in the next couple of days. Those of you who have been keeping up with Matt's comments on Twitter will have an idea of what this is all about, but let's just say... if you want to be the first to hear a new song from The Resistance, then get yourself registered today. It's going to need a whole lot of fans all around the world to make it work so tell your friends and stay tuned!

MUSE.MU FEATURES INCLUDE

Tour Archives
Check out the tour archive for every gig the band have ever played! Add your attendence, upload pictures and, if you can fill in some gaps, add setlist and other information to the MuseWiki. Then, if you can't find the gig you're looking for, view them all on the world map and check out how many gigs the band have played in London, NY, Paris, Rekjavik... Anywhere!

Images
Upload your photos to the website and tag them to country, city and gig to be able to view them on the Muse Map. Take a look at images from as far back as 2002 and see which 1 Official Image was taken In Karlstad, Sweden!

Members
Register as a Muse Member or just use your forum username and password to log into the Members section of the new website, but make sure you update your profile, especially your location, if you want to appear on the Muse Map! Members can also comment on news stories, upload photos, add gig attendance, qualify for free downloads and access all the streaming audio and video in the media player.

Media & Discography
Fancy writing some of the history of Muse? Now the discography is also synched with the MuseWiki so each release is written about by you, the fans. Not only that but if you're a Muse Member you can stream the whole catalogue; audio, videos and official DVDs in our brand new Media Player.

News
We've updated the News pages and our RSS feeds so you can keep up to date with all things Muse. We've even got a special feature on the homepage where you can check out the band's latest tweets on Twitter and see news stories about Muse from other websites around the world.

Shop
Finally, there's a brand new shop where you can buy music and merchandise all together. Keep checking back for special promotions for the release of The Resistance in this section in the near future!
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 08:39

I see Bellingmeh's off on one again Laughing
I'm not wired like that so shan't join in the treasure hunt thingie !
I registered ...*am awaiting instructions* Twisted Evil

Am very interested to hear the new stuff, I admit I prefer their early stuff to more recent output .
Wonder if they'll do some one off gigs where the symphony is played,can't see them hauling an orchestra around for whole of the next tour Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 19:48

It seems this treasure hunt is a group one, as long as at least one fan solves each clue then part of one of the new songs is unlocked.

The two clues released so far have been solved so the first 80 seconds of the first track are available here, for those who signed up for Project Eurasia. Very Happy

http://ununitedeurasia.muse.mu/music/
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 12:01

I have to say I'm not yet inpressed with the new tune,(after listening to the latest bit) ..it's just a Queen rip off .
Granted the Bellamy sounds in fine voice (probably the best I've heard him) but the tune itself is a bit meh ..IMO ..but I appear to be alone in assessment... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 13:37

redliz2 wrote:
I have to say I'm not yet inpressed with the new tune,(after listening to the latest bit) ..it's just a Queen rip off .
Granted the Bellamy sounds in fine voice (probably the best I've heard him) but the tune itself is a bit meh ..IMO ..but I appear to be alone in assessment... Laughing

Have you heard part 4? I wasn't particularly taken with the 3rd part with the Queen riff and then some random arabian-style interlude haha, but I'm liking the bit after that.
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 14:34

Kim wrote:

Have you heard part 4? I wasn't particularly taken with the 3rd part with the Queen riff and then some random arabian-style interlude haha, but I'm liking the bit after that.

yeah, it's just not grabbing me..you know what I mean? I'm disappointed 'cos I was really looking forward to new Muse tunes .Maybe when I hear the whole thing together, or see it live in November I'll think differently Smile
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 08:14

Yeah hopefully the whole thing will make a bit more 'sense', especially in context with the album. I have to say that I'm liking Uprising more and more as I listen to it. (Part 5 uploaded this morning btw!)

I didn't like Take A Bow at all when I first heard it because it was so different to all previous Muse material, but now I absolutely adore it... so I have faith for the new album! Smile
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 15:55

Nah ..still not grabbing me but I reserve pwopa Wink judgement till I hear it in full and in the context of the album.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 16:40

Heehee, pwopa wock. Matt's lisp melts me every time. Especially in Hoodoo when he sings "You should never be afwaid..."
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 19:43

I know ..bless him!
I can't say 'broken' anymore it's always 'bwoken' Laughing
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 22:08

Muse seem to have passed my by, but I have the tracks "hysteria", "unintented" and "take a bow" on compilations people have made for me, and I like them all, particularly hysteria.

Could you recommend a good album for a beginner to start with? I've seen them compared to Radiohead - if it's Pablo Honey or Bends Radiohead then good. Anything later = pretentious twaddle to me. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 06:44

The Radiohead comparisons really bug me. NOTHING alike, in my opinion.

The tracks you've got are all from different albums hehe. Unintended is from the first, Showbiz. Hysteria is from the third, Absolution. And Take A Bow is from the fourth, Black Holes And Revelations.

If you particularly like Hysteria then I would say start with both Absolution and their second album, Origin Of Symmetry. Both are full of absolutely electric tunes. Very Happy And if you like those, then check out the other albums.
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 09:59

I'd say Origin of Symmetry probably best 'jumping off' place Bliss, Newborn,Plug in Baby ,Citizen Erased, Feeling Good and of course Microcuts for sheer Shocked
Part 6 of USo E goes up today ... Cool
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 12:13

redliz2 wrote:
Part 6 of USo E goes up today ... Cool

It's up now. Smile I'm not particularly taken with the end of the song... I like the verses of it the most, the rest I could take or leave at the moment. There's a secret 7th node initiated which will unlock a download, presumably of that song. Apparently the United States of America have to recognise the United States of Eurasia. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 12:19

have you seen the latest...part 7 is in NY but the finder person mustn't activate it ..if theydo we "all" miss out on something ..major lulz at Bellingmeh's schemes ..little git ..the Muse board will explode Laughing
Bet he's having a right laugh at the spaffing!
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 22:31

only heard a little bit of Eurasia, dont want to hear more until i can get my hands on the album, but im really excited for this!
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 08:43

I've heard it through several times now and ..no ..it's horrible! I keep thinking it'll stop ..Bells will laff and then it'll start up with the real song .... No
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 07:58

Just heard the new Muse single, assume it's the one you're all discussing, I think it's OTT (which Muse do very well most of the time) and far too self indulgent. Can't really add anything new to what everyone's stated. Would describe myself as thinking Muse are OK, probably no more, punctuated with moments of brilliance.
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2009, 08:58

My Bury Vest wrote:
Just heard the new Muse single, assume it's the one you're all discussing, I think it's OTT (which Muse do very well most of the time) and far too self indulgent. Can't really add anything new to what everyone's stated. Would describe myself as thinking Muse are OK, probably no more, punctuated with moments of brilliance.

quite.
and there was no need for him to nick a bit of Chopin and stick that on the end ..we know he writes lovely piano music anyway, ..why not do something original ..sorry Muse,fail .
Although in Bellingmeh's world it's probably a code for something .. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MrsMagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MrsMagicalTrevor

Female Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 13:11

Right Eurasia is not the first single, Uprising is and it's brilliant Smile

Full version can be found on You Tube among other places.

Stick with Eurasia though, it will grow on you, but I think its an album track.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 13:32

Ha, Eurasia sounds like Queen. I really like them both though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Muse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muse   Muse - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muse
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next