elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow Return

Go down 
+45
TheDrunkenEngineer
HattyMarris
chan
josephblack
Kim
wozza
missdiane
emma
neil68
newborn
Jonathan
Mackem
Bex80
Cestriansteve
@MrIanGibson
Fancy Pants
heshofcheese
Hotblack
fadeupyoursmile
sparky
ElbowFreak
nellie
mrswoman
evilpixie
Glendarian
Jones
LongLegs
mitchy
hilaryg
Mr Woman
ChrissyBoy
ukkonen
Lillybef
Cozzer
Lynne
My Bury Vest
felstead
captain pugwash
Mr_K
Misspelt Yoof
ChrissieInFL
leespoons
MagicalTrevor
ticky
errant
49 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 10:15

From myspace...

Elbow Return - UK Arena Tour March 2011
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's the news you've all been waiting for... Elbow will be making their return to live action this coming March with a string of very special arena dates.

Their first shows since September 2009, Elbow have spent the last year working on the follow up to ‘The Seldom Seen Kid’ due out in early 2011.

Tickets for the shows go on sale to Elbow fans on Tuesday 28th September at 9am sharp. An email with the pre-sale link will be sent to fans on the Elbow mailing list - to sign up go to www.elbow.co.uk/mailinglist.

Here's the full list of dates:

March
Tue 15th - Glasgow, SECC
Wed 16th - Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena
Thu 17th - Nottingham, Trent FM Arena
Sat 19th - Sheffield, Arena
Sun 20th - Liverpool, Echo Arena
Tue 22nd - Birmingham, National Indoor Arena
Wed 23rd - Cardiff, International Arena
Fri 25th - Manchester, MEN Arena
Mon 28th - London, O2 Arena

Tickets will be on sale to the general public from 9am on Friday 1st October.

More details on the new album will follow shortly.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 10:40

AARGH!!!!!! At Last!!!!! I was on the phone to a client when this popped up - It was all I could do to prevent myself from shrieking. cheers
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 10:42

Excellent news!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 10:44

yay! About time I popped my Elbow cherry... London meet-up anyone? *looks pointedly at Sarah and Al even though they're nowhere near London*
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 10:45

FML FML FML Oh nohz!!! I am supposed to be coming over to the UK in July, gonna miss all this, can't afford 2 trips over in 1 year!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 11:02

Don't panic yet Chrissie - they're bound to be doing festivals.

I've just realised - the 02 - blooming heck they have gone up in the world! Shocked
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 11:12

ticky wrote:
Don't panic yet Chrissie - they're bound to be doing festivals.

I've just realised - the 02 - blooming heck they have gone up in the world! Shocked

yeah, now they don't need to play at the Asda anymore! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 11:15

Lee Spoons wrote:
yay! About time I popped my Elbow cherry... London meet-up anyone? *looks pointedly at Sarah and Al even though they're nowhere near London*
I'm in!
Back to top Go down
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 11:29

O2 - not my favourite arena. Still, what the hell. Already excited like a 12 year old.
Back to top Go down
captain pugwash
fallen angel
fallen angel
captain pugwash

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 12:50

Woo Hoo! Fantastic. Will be going to Cardiff.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 13:11

Me too - and I think Manchester and Liverpool. Definitely NOT the 02 though - can't bear the place.
Back to top Go down
felstead
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 13:32

I was just have a conversation with the missus the other day saying that we were unlikely to see Elbow outside of an arena now. She scoffed!

But seriously, without wishing to deprive the band their well earned success do you think they will continue to play more intimate venues such as the roundhouse / Porchester hall gigs or even (not quite so intimate) places such as Brixton Academy / Manchester Apollo?

Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 13:58

Must confess, was hoping for a M'cr Apollo - but hey, am going to the MEN and Liverpool or Sheffield, presale success withstanding !

Maybe a sneaky coupla warm up shows Elboys ?

Let the days countdown now...... cheers
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 14:54

Wow! Am soo excited, despite the enormous capacity at each venue. Nottingham seems to be the least in my area. Now the fight to get tickets!!! Wooo-hoo!!
Back to top Go down
Cozzer
little beast
little beast
Cozzer

Male Number of posts : 89

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 15:25

felstead wrote:
I was just have a conversation with the missus the other day saying that we were unlikely to see Elbow outside of an arena now. She scoffed!

But seriously, without wishing to deprive the band their well earned success do you think they will continue to play more intimate venues such as the roundhouse / Porchester hall gigs or even (not quite so intimate) places such as Brixton Academy / Manchester Apollo?

The arena probably is the way forward for them. It means they can satisy the growing demand for tickets. Failing that they'd have to play three times the number of shows at the smaller venues.

I've only seen them at Wembley and MEN and they didn't seem out-of-place at all. In fact, they were able to create intimacy even in those big concrete sheds. Am not quite sure about the O2 in London .. but am willing to bet they'll be fab there too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 15:49

hello!!

im back with a name change. Goodbye Bettyblue and hello Lillybef...saves all the confusion for all those who are folling me on Twitter Smile

Wow! So the ELbow boys are back, and they have been sorely missed these past 12months or so.
Hoping to get tickets for Liverpool and Manchester and maybe see some familar faces Smile
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 16:05

I don't think they'll be consistently appearing in arenas after this mini-tour return. It seems more like a huge 'We're back and we know that the lot of you missed us' statement. Unless, of course, they've created songs more suitable for an arena rock band. Seems more like their intent is to go back to smaller gigs if they're planning to put theatre into their performance? Just a guess...

But this means that the release date of the album is looming about. Predictions on the album release date? I'm guessing an April release date unless they're planning on releasing the album before the tour...

At this point, I'd settle for a 10 second clip of any of their new songs. Neutral
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 17:36

Great to see notice in my inbox this morning.... and an earlybird link for tickets next Tuesday, which i'm sure all of you have if your on the mailing list. Cool

Have decided i'm gonna try and go to the Glasgow show as i've never been able to see them live. Hopefully we can sort out child care for our lad.
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 18:08

It was only yesterday that I realised that 12 months had elapsed - nay, flown by - since the MEN "farewell" gig (I almost posted something to that effect) and here we are, one day later, a mere 6 months away from some fresh dates. Something to look forward to, to see us through the winter. Hopefully there will be an increasing drip-feed of new material between now and March.

And something fresh and Elbowy to discuss at last!

Today has been a good day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 18:37

I've now decided it's a Sheffield stay over and the MEN - after mithering/stalking my mates all afternoon.

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder.............this 38 year old lad agrees. My initial disappointment at the venue choices has now subsided into Christmas Eve behaviour of a 9 year old.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 19:05

Hello everyone, just thought I'd drop by to share the excitement!!

Also hoping for some more intimate warm-up gigs, but Manchester and Sheffield definitely pencilled in....

Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 19:20

OMG I am way too old to be this excited! Must write another elbow on my exercise book tomorrow lol. Bit skint and have 2 young kids so will only able to do 2 shows.
Plan to take day off when tix go on sale, how very 6th form! So happy for us all, yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 20:49

I couldn't get signal in Croatia and had to wait to come home today to read all this fab news!!
So so sssooooo happeee!!
I'm not sure I could go to the O2, it's great they can play such a large capacity venue....but that place is horrific.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 21:40

Damn and damn and poo - I'm starting work at 5am next Tuesday so won't be able to get tix. This is going to take a lot of organising via friends and family members.

So great to hear from old forum members again! Hi Hilary, Evil Pixie and everyone else!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep 2010, 23:02

Mmmm....
I wonder... is a trip to the UK on the cards...???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elbow Return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow Return
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next