elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?

Go down 
+4
fadeupyoursmile
sundaygirl
heshofcheese
newborn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Empty
PostSubject: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 15:33

Ok, I'm bored today.....
I thought we could have a bit of fun and start a quiz. Let's see how well we all know our Elbow from our arses with a few questions. I'll start with some easy ones..

Q: Where did the name Elbow come from?

Q: What and where is Noisebox?

Q: What are the names of Guy's Mum and Dad?

Q: What is Richard Jupp's middle name?

Easy peasy!
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 18:46

Dennis Potters The Singing Detective - "the most sensuous word in the English language" (possible misquote there!) Very Happy

Rehearsal/recording studio in Salford?

Shirley and Don

Barry

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 21:48

Ooo, MPWR I know all your answers!!
Hes got most of them right, but Noisebox is in Prestwich - I lnow as I had a private "Elbow's Prestwich" tour!

OK, here's some.

what is Richard's son's name

where did Guy meet Richard Hawley?

What is Guy's brother's name?

Who were Guy and his brother naamed after?

What is your favorite color?

What is wind velocity of an unlaiden swallow?
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 21:50

Oh, I'm a tower crane driver...I feel so lonely.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 21:51

Dylan

A plane to Tennessee

Marcus

I think his brother is named after a black american historical figure... possibly

Yellow

African or European?!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 21:54

Ha ha, whichever one's not holding the coconuts.

What about Guy? I love who Guy is named after...we should give him pennies...
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 21:56

The worrying thing is, i haven't gone out looking for this info, i've just appropriated it from sources unknown!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 21:56

You're not a TCD for nothing...
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009, 23:10

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but was listening to an interview (on the 3Voor12 website) recorded just after the release of Leaders album and Guy mentioned that there were two records that Elbow released in their career which he completely regrets because felt they were garbage basically.

Which two would they be - just got me wondering...does anybody know which two records it is?

Just out of interest. scratch
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 07:29

Huh...I know he wasn't really pleased with Cast of Thousands, but I didn't think he thought it was garbage.

Dunno!
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 09:02

I'm afraid I don't know how to put a link in here, but check out Elbow Music, Cast of Thousands for more on this.

I suppose we will always be left guessing on this one, as I don't think they would ever divulge. It wouldn't matter much anyway as I think we all have our own personal favourites Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 09:17

Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 09:19

Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 12:29

As far as I know, Guy is named after Guy Fawkes. And his bro after rastafari Marcus Garvey.
The last question I did not get... confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 12:51

Lynne wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to put this but was listening to an interview (on the 3Voor12 website) recorded just after the release of Leaders album and Guy mentioned that there were two records that Elbow released in their career which he completely regrets because felt they were garbage basically.

Which two would they be - just got me wondering...does anybody know which two records it is?

I've always liked that interview... its quite pertinent even now, for the present climate, when Guy talks about fame.
He didn't use the word 'garbage'. He said they were two songs that he felt wern't good enough for release.

I was told by someone who does know, that one was an early b-side, (the title is sort of self-fulfilling)... I don't know what the other song was, another b-side from Asleep....or Cast....maybe?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 13:11

sundaygirl wrote:
Huh...I know he wasn't really pleased with Cast of Thousands, but I didn't think he thought it was garbage.

Dunno!

Isn't it a song that he wishes they hadn't released rather than a whole album?

They found Cast....a difficult album to do, maybe not so cohesive an album as the others, but they've still played 'Switching Off' and 'Fugitive Motel' live every year they gig, and 'Not a job' was played by the strings recently. Some of my favourite live songs they have done have been 'Ribcage', I've got your number' and 'Snooks' and although not favourites of mine 'Grace... used to get the balloons before 'One day Like This' blasted in on the scene. Lots of people liked 'Fallen Angel' live (I love the video)
So the album can't have been that much of a disappointement. Somebody was guessing before that 'Buttons and Zips' might be one of the songs he wasn't pleased with?... but maybe its one of the b-sides.

mrsprestwichred143.... I'm intrigued by your new avatar?

Last edited by lucky with disease on Fri 19 Jun 2009, 13:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 13:15

I thought they said it in reference to the b-sides album, in that would have all but one of the songs on it. I guess we'll find it if/when it gets released!

And COT is probably my favourite elbow album, despite its back story. Hmm
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jun 2009, 19:32

mrsprestwichred143.... I'm intrigued by your new avatar?[/quote]

Isn't it good?! I came across this a while ago, along with the old Guy pic. There was also a Soft Review from the Bury Times. Did you see that?
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jun 2009, 22:25

Sorry shouldn't have used such a strong word as garbage.

Yes, it was a good interview. It just struck me when he said this.

lucky with disease wrote:
Lynne wrote:

I've always liked that interview... its quite pertinent even now, for the present climate, when Guy talks about fame.
He didn't use the word 'garbage'. He said they were two songs that he felt wern't good enough for release.

I was told by someone who does know, that one was an early b-side, (the title is sort of self-fulfilling)... I don't know what the other song was, another b-side from Asleep....or Cast....maybe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?   How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How well do you know your Elbow from your ar*e?
Page 1 of 1