elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow Return

Go down 
+45
TheDrunkenEngineer
HattyMarris
chan
josephblack
Kim
wozza
missdiane
emma
neil68
newborn
Jonathan
Mackem
Bex80
Cestriansteve
@MrIanGibson
Fancy Pants
heshofcheese
Hotblack
fadeupyoursmile
sparky
ElbowFreak
nellie
mrswoman
evilpixie
Glendarian
Jones
LongLegs
mitchy
hilaryg
Mr Woman
ChrissyBoy
ukkonen
Lillybef
Cozzer
Lynne
My Bury Vest
felstead
captain pugwash
Mr_K
Misspelt Yoof
ChrissieInFL
leespoons
MagicalTrevor
ticky
errant
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
missdiane
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Elbow Return - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 19:55

Does anyone know any other pre sale sites where I can get standing tickets for the 02?

I stupidly delayed getting tickets til I got home from work and now standing has all gone Sad
Back to top Go down
Mackem
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 20:52

missdiane wrote:
Does anyone know any other pre sale sites where I can get standing tickets for the 02?

I stupidly delayed getting tickets til I got home from work and now standing has all gone Sad

If you're an O2 customer (or you have a friend who's one) there's one at 9am tomorrow (Thursday). Details here. That's what I'm going for. You'll need to text them tonight though for your code - don't leave it til this morning.
Back to top Go down
missdiane
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 21:02

Thanks, found that earlier- best chance I have Smile
I've got a really busy day at work tomorrow though, so here's hoping I can get on before they go
Back to top Go down
Mackem
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 21:26

If you only want standing I think you'll be OK - I'm looking for decent seats which might be more tricky. My other suggestion - if you fail tomorrow - is to try stargeen.com on Friday instead of the big guys. They always sell out more slowly and I'm sure they'll have standing after they sell out on See and Ticketmaster. They're absolutely kosher - just smaller than the others.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 07:41

The O2's presale is at 9am this morning, here.

London tickets only, obviously.

EDIT: That's from The O2 Arena's mailing list so, as far as I can tell, no pin required.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 07:52

Misspelt Yoof wrote:
The O2's presale is at 9am this morning, here.

London tickets only, obviously.

EDIT: That's from The O2 Arena's mailing list so, as far as I can tell, no pin required.

Good spot. I think that's a different presale though, with a different allocation. So if you're an O2 User try both.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 12:20

now this is very interesting... the website below is advertising a Saturday show at the Shepherds Bush Empire!

http://www.5gig.co.uk/gigs/elbow-london-368689

no doubt these tickets will be rare as the proverbial rocking horse shit.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 12:26

although having said that, I've only seen it on that one site so it could be a cockup (they're both O2 venues)
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 12:29

the plot thickens - turns out The Script are playing the O2 on Saturday 26th March. So could it be that 5gig.co.uk are right and everyone else was wrong?
Bloody hope so!
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 12:30

Hmmm it would be nice if something like this could be somehow promoted as fans only i.e. via a mailing list so true fans stood a real chance of getting tickets instead of having to go to mega-stadiums... (sorry if this sounds whingey, it's been a tough week Wink)
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 12:41

or as Misspelt Yoof said on twitter just now it could be a second MEN Arena date on the Saturday... checked MEN's website and there's nothing pencilled in for the Saturday. I guess two hometown gigs in two nights would make more sense than two London dates with a day off in between.

Still holding out for a Saturday London date though!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 12:58

Lee Spoons wrote:
now this is very interesting... the website below is advertising a Saturday show at the Shepherds Bush Empire!

http://www.5gig.co.uk/gigs/elbow-london-368689

no doubt these tickets will be rare as the proverbial rocking horse shit.

Bloody hell ! Well, if it's true, MBV fancies it without a doubt - keep us on the ball Spoonsmeister !
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 17:18

Glendarian wrote:
Hmmm it would be nice if something like this could be somehow promoted as fans only i.e. via a mailing list so true fans stood a real chance of getting tickets instead of having to go to mega-stadiums... (sorry if this sounds whingey, it's been a tough week Wink)

Maybe the band could donate a couple of tickets to the board !
or we could persuade them to do a private gig ! - Don't think there are enough of us to commission our own performance though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 17:19

I dunno, it's a nice idea Chrissy lol!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010, 18:50

Glendarian wrote:
Snow Patrol used to have a private gig every album, with members of the forum who were regulars getting PMs with password info and first dibs on tickets. Yet another reason why many of their fans have fallen away, oddly they don't do that any more!!!!
I really don't begrudge the Elbow boy their Mega-stadiums, they really have earned it, they're just venues that i really don't feel comfortable in, doesn't mean i love the band any less, just that i don't really want to go postal in the O2!!!!
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 05:17

Sarah wrote:
Snow Patrol used to have a private gig every album, with members of the forum who were regulars getting PMs with password info and first dibs on tickets. Yet another reason why many of their fans have fallen away, oddly they don't do that any more!!!!
I really don't begrudge the Elbow boy their Mega-stadiums, they really have earned it, they're just venues that i really don't feel comfortable in, doesn't mean i love the band any less, just that i don't really want to go postal in the O2!!!!

The Snow Patrol thing is exactly the kind of thing I mean - wouldn't it be wonderful? We can dream...

I agree with you (and Hotblack earlier) entirely about not begrudging their success but hating stadium gigs myself, but I'm afraid I have slightly less willpower and thinking how I'd feel not seeing them was worse than the thought of a huge stadium gig so have got tickets for Liverpool. I'll see how it feels. I thought MEN last year would be my last time but here I am again... obsessed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 08:51

O2 still sold out (Standing) at 9:02 am this morning. Can't believe how unfair this ticketing system is. There are oodles available on Ebay at extortionate prices!

Had the band been playing smaller venues, I wouldn't have a cat in hells chance of getting tickets anyway, the touts must have armies all over the country waiting for the phone lines to open.

However, I remember when we saw Elbow at Wembley 2008. Just got back from Newport gig night before then phoned the box office in the chance of getting tickets on the day of the concert and managed to get three standing for that same evening and that gig was sold out. So there is hope. I expect they were the tickets the touts sent back due to not being sold.

Glad I got that one off my chest.....
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 08:57

Lynne wrote:

O2 still sold out (Standing) at 9:02 am this morning. Can't believe how unfair this ticketing system is. There are oodles available on Ebay at extortionate prices!

Had the band been playing smaller venues, I wouldn't have a cat in hells chance of getting tickets anyway, the touts must have armies all over the country waiting for the phone lines to open.

However, I remember when we saw Elbow at Wembley 2008. Just got back from Newport gig night before then phoned the box office in the chance of getting tickets on the day of the concert and managed to get three standing for that same evening and that gig was sold out. So there is hope. I expect they were the tickets the touts sent back due to not being sold.

Glad I got that one off my chest.....
Don't worry. They'll be on eBay the week before for a tenner.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 09:01

I really sympathise Lynne and do hope you get tickets. I couldn't be there at 9 am either but fortunately I had a choice of Liverpool or Manchester and Liverpool standing didn't sell out so quickly.
I really don't know what the answer is, but a fan presale that's advertised all over the radio (I didn't hear it but someone said it was) isn't really a fan presale is it?
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 09:20

I will probably have some spares for Liverpool Standing if anyone needs them.

I bought 4 on presale when I couldn't get Manchester, but I managed to get 4 for Manchester on general sale this morning.

I will go to both but I'm not sure whether my mates will. I'll offer any spares on here at cost if anyone is stuck....should know more after the weekend

I'm not a tout (some folks know me on here Smile ) and I don't want a profit. Just want them to go to proper fans
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 10:51

Don't despair, Lynne.

We didn't get tickets from the pre-sale. They were 'sold out' within 10 minutes.

Fortunately, a friend noticed they were available the following day, so we managed to get some then. May be worth checking back occasionally. We assumed there must've been some glitch during the pre-sale?
Back to top Go down
wozza
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 15:07

newborn wrote:
Fortunately, a friend noticed they were available the following day, so we managed to get some then. May be worth checking back occasionally. We assumed there must've been some glitch during the pre-sale?

Only a percentage of tickets are made available for any gig pre-sale, so there are always some (the majority, I believe) on general sale.
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 18:03

We are going to Nottingham, just my sister was dead keen as she lives in London. As you say tickets will become available 'cheaper' on Ebay, unsold ones no doubt.

I'll just have to tell her to shift her arse up this end of the country!!
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 19:29

wozza wrote:
newborn wrote:

Only a percentage of tickets are made available for any gig pre-sale, so there are always some (the majority, I believe) on general sale.

For some reason, the pre-sale tickets were available for Manchester on Tues and again on Wed -then for the general sale today.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Oct 2010, 20:52

Well it's about time I made a reappearance on the forum, and what better time than now. Hello again everyone!! Very Happy How has the last year been treating you all?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there might be further standing tickets for London released somewhere down the line - in need of one of them myself.

*bounce*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Return   Elbow Return - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow Return
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: