elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations

Go down 
+20
sundaygirl
hilaryg
Jones
mrswoman
Dr Evil
Glendarian
Dobz
Dabamash
nellie
lucky with disease
Topaz
Lesley Gilks
TamedLamia
al
bluejayway
Hotblack
fadeupyoursmile
WOBLEwoble
ChrissieInFL
ticky
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr 2009, 18:06

I hate it that when I need a wee I have to go and cant wait for hours like I Could when I was a bit younger. Its a pain when I'm at a gig and I've got a good spot so I just dont drink Embarassed
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr 2009, 18:18

Oh and I'm not keen on this spare bit of skin I've got round my middle, it seemed to appear all of a sudden. I probably dont help myself with feeling old and haggared cos both of my best friends are in their 20's, I was once mistaken for being the mother of one of them, but its not all bad -someone thought she was older than me and shes only 25, not sure if it was dark or she was just looking rough! Smile
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr 2009, 18:21

nellie wrote:
I hate it that when I need a wee I have to go and cant wait for hours like I Could when I was a bit younger. Its a pain when I'm at a gig and I've got a good spot so I just dont drink Embarassed

I agree - when I saw Elbow in Newport, I didn't have a drink from 10am until after the concert, so that I could keep my place at the front. It was worth it!

It's also a complete pain having to get up 2 or 3 times a night for a wee. I cank't remember when I had over 8 hours straight kip.
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr 2009, 18:29

We plan to do a quick visit towards end of support act. I'm tall - helps in more ways than one at gigs !!!!. My height seems to help in getting back to my spot.

Iagree about the night visits. We've just had a very patronising memo round at work. 'DON'T FORGET TO DRINK PLENTY OF WATER IN THIS WARM WEATHER AND THE ODD CUP OF TEA' So the joke now is 'DONT FORGET THE TENNA LADY. (think that's how you spell it)
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Apr 2009, 18:52

Keep up those pelvic floor exercises!...................
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009, 19:12

Btw...I like the pun in the title...GREY expectations... What a Face
Today I threw a condom in the trash because it was expired...another five years without an affair... affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 06:11

Yes...but think of all the presents you haven't had to buy! And think of all the advantages with not having a man around. Not having to pick up dirty socks or Y-front off the floor. Leaving the kitchen tidy and KNOWING it'll be like that when you return. No hair in the sink or having to put the seat down before going to the loo. Or worse still, checking for pee pee before going to the loo! I live with three boys and the amount of times I've got up from the loo with a wet bum! Mad I could go on but I think you get my drift Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 08:13

Lesley Gilks wrote:
....... or having to put the seat down before going to the loo.

It works both ways you know. Why can't womwen leave the seat up when they've finished, eh?

You wanted equality....get used to it. Razz Razz Razz Razz

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2009, 21:59

Hotblack wrote:
Lesley Gilks wrote:
....... or having to put the seat down before going to the loo.

It works both ways you know. Why can't womwen leave the seat up when they've finished, eh?

You wanted equality....get used to it. Razz Razz Razz Razz

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

OUCH !!!!
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 05:45

O.k...the gloves are off Mad Just you wait 'till I think of a witty retort and then we'll see who's equal! tongue
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 06:42

Lesley Gilks wrote:
O.k...the gloves are off Mad Just you wait 'till I think of a witty retort and then we'll see who's equal! tongue

That's the problem - as the end of our youth approaches, it gets longer and longer to think of a witty retort.....! Wink
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 10:12

ticky wrote:
Lesley Gilks wrote:

That's the problem - as the end of our youth approaches, it gets longer and longer to think of a witty retort.....! Wink

As I get older the only thing that gets longer and longer is the wait for something to happen Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 14:43

Oh dear...we're not going to get into a battle of the sexes up in here, are we? Rolling Eyes And as for the whole "equality" thing - there will be no true equality between men and women until men can get pregnant and bear children! Then we'll talk about things being equal! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 14:54

Well, if that was the case there would be no over-population problem... lol!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 15:08

Too right, Jones! Thumbs Up!

OK, I see that Annie Lennox has won the poll for patron saint quite handily! So I guess the only thing left to do is make it official...would you all please give a warm welcome to our very special guest, Ms. Annie Lennox!

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Annie110

Hello, and thank you so much for this honor! I'm happy to be the patron saint of the Ladies of a Certain Age thread. It's so important to recognize the valuable contribution we make to society. Without us, there would likely be no extra-fiber yogurt, no movies like Four Weddings and a Funeral, and no Oprah. And let's not even discuss all the physicians, beauticians and divorce attorneys who could well go bankrupt without our patronage! So it gives me great pleasure to be associated with the ladies of this thread, and I will do my best to be an exemplary patron saint for all of you. I now declare this thread...SAINTED! *applause, champagne corks popping* Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Party210
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 18:40

HURRAY!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 19:06

Sweet dreams Smile
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr 2009, 21:51

Woop! Go St Annie, St Annie ... Cool
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 21:06

Now - I wish I looked as good as that !!!
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2009, 10:52

Hoorah!

Give me an A! Give me an N! Give me another N! Give me an I! Give me an E!

What's that spell??!! ANNIE!!!

I think I've had too much coffee to drink.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2009, 11:56

Topaz wrote:
Hoorah!

Give me an A! Give me an N! Give me another N! Give me an I! Give me an E!

What's that spell??!! ANNIE!!!

I think I've had too much coffee to drink.

...and I don't think I've had quite enough.... Sleep
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2009, 19:07

Playgrounds for Grownups!!
Why does kids get their free playgrounds and not their parents?! Crying or Very sad Wink Wink
When my parents and me (my parents around 70) cycled home from the pub we saw two ladies in about my age using jollily a see-saw! I shouted to them "hell yea, the grownups want sum fun too!!" and decided with me mom that we will use this friggin' see-saw after the south tyrol travel and before my operation!! Cool Laughing

and btw...I have "See Saw" by Pink Floyd now stuck in my head... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 23:15

Wonder if Annie has to use reading glasses. Need to use mine more and more !!
+ need more pairs - keep leaving them in unknown places. !!! Mad
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 14:46

I'm enormously encouraged by this thread given I'm three months off a birthday which will make my age end in a zero...... Shocked
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:10

I'll decided to stay forever in my 30's, for instance next year I shall be 30-10, the year after 30-11 you get the idea. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next