elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations

Go down 
+20
sundaygirl
hilaryg
Jones
mrswoman
Dr Evil
Glendarian
Dobz
Dabamash
nellie
lucky with disease
Topaz
Lesley Gilks
TamedLamia
al
bluejayway
Hotblack
fadeupyoursmile
WOBLEwoble
ChrissieInFL
ticky
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009, 17:16

ticky wrote:
Oh, you know, this and that..... pretty quiet really.

BTW BBC are starting a series of programmes called, wait for it..... Grey Expectations!!

Tell us more ticky.

What is it about?
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 08:07

I don't know anything else about it - I presume it's about the older generation.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 20:59

Ha ha, I love this thread. Count me in....
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 14:19

Wanted to drop in and say hi to my fellow Ladies of a Certain Age! I've been traveling most of the summer as my kid is out of school, and we've been visiting friends and relatives, doing the oblligatory trip to Disney World, and hitting the beach. Not home much lately, and when I am my daughter's hanging round my arse like a nappy so I can't veg out in front of the PC too often! But she's in camp this week and I have wanted to check in on all the forumsters who went to the Halle shows. Hope everyone's doing well - can't wait for school to start so I can keep up with you lot more regularly! Smile
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 16:16

Great to have you back Chrissie. We're all on cloud 9 over here - still buzzing after 48 hours. I bet you can't wait for Atlanta - You MUST try and meet them afterwards. We want loads of pics and gory details.

This week has really taken it out of me - definately an age thing - 2 x 360 mile round trips to Manchester in 48 hours - I am KNACKERED!!! But SO worth it.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 01:22

Thanks Ticky, and I can only imagine how exciting this week was for you and all the other Elbow-ites who made it to the shows! If you're going to get completely knackered by a big trip, then this would've been the one to do it for! Thumbs Up!

I seriously doubt I'll get anywhere near the band in Atlanta - I'm afraid I'm not a very good stalker! I do hope I'll at least manage to get right up front for the show, like I did last year in Chicago, because that was phenomenal. Should be able to since it's a smallish venue and there will be general admission standing room in front of the stage. I'm traveling with a couple of friends of mine and I've already warned 'em that they'd better be ready to get to the gig way early and bear with me while I claw my way up front! They wouldn't DARE get in my way...we peri-menopausal women can be rather scary when we get angry! Laughing
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 16:16

Shocked

*knock knock*

New peep reporting for er...something !

Not new to the magic of Elbow thankfully, just new to the forum.

I'm Liz thought I'd say hello in here 'cos I'm also a lady of a certain age ...old enough to know better, but also old enough not to care Twisted Evil

Still in the clouds after the halle on weds, got a little teary watching TITP last night, remembering I love you

I look forward to getting to know everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 18:12

Welcome to the LOACAGE, Liz! Lovin' the attitude, you'll fit right in here Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul 2009, 22:28

Excellent - one more for our distinguished little group!
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 08:40

Thanks for the welcomes ladies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 13:42

Hey there Liz, welcome to the party! Beer
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 15:44

ChrissieInFL wrote:
Hey there Liz, welcome to the party! Beer

thank you!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 18:26

Goodness, this thread has gone into hibernation! Sleep I know I've had a busy summer and so haven't been on as much lately, but I thought I should give all my Ladies a nudge to make sure we're all still hanging in there!

Also needed to leave an age-related mini-rant: if I see one more ad/interview promoting the new Courteney Cox TV show "Cougar Town", I will barf up my extra-fiber cereal. As if Courteney Cox even vaguely resembles the other middle-aged women I know - hell, my kid's lunch weighs more than she does! And the fact that the whole show's premise makes me mad (older women + younger men = hilarity) doesn't help much either. Boo. Mad
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 19:41

Reporting for greyness roll call! Talking of which, I really should do me roots... affraid

Haven't heard of that show Chrissie, probably just as well. It sounds like bad filler-fodder for Comedy Central.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Sep 2009, 08:48

After cycling along the beach on that baltic spa town I can't help the feeling that even my over-70-parents are not old at all!! Especially when those aged tourists walk side-by-side-by-side on the cycling way without watching out for bikes!! affraid

But then I felt old again when I noticed that the baltic shore has HILLS! Suspect Shocked A 40 meters high bump in the landscape might be small against the alps but if you try to drive it up with a bike it's still too high... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Sep 2009, 12:27

I have major hill issues too, TL - Florida is very flat and whenever I'm visiting somewhere with hilly terrain, I really feel how much extra work it is to walk/run/bike over it!

I just felt old this morning - my daughter's school has a track group that meets 2 mornings a week. Kids and parents are invited to come out and run/walk together before school. I've been running on my own, but when you are going round the track with bunches of school kids, it's quite discouraging...suddenly you feel old and creaky, compared to them! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 12:21

Hello Ladies! Yes, still here.
I had my first experience of ageism this summer.
We went to the Croissant Neuf festival in August (cracking little festival - highly recommend it). I happened to be bopping away in some tent or other, when I asked a group of people next to me, what the music was to which we were all gyrating. 'It's music Grandma!', came the callous reply.

I can't tell you how upset I was. Naturally, I realise what a bunch of knobheads they were, but still, it touched a nerve with me.
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 16:32

ticky wrote:
Hello Ladies! Yes, still here.
I had my first experience of ageism this summer.
We went to the Croissant Neuf festival in August (cracking little festival - highly recommend it). I happened to be bopping away in some tent or other, when I asked a group of people next to me, what the music was to which we were all gyrating. 'It's music Grandma!', came the callous reply.

I can't tell you how upset I was. Naturally, I realise what a bunch of knobheads they were, but still, it touched a nerve with me.

Sorry you had to put up with that ticky.

Is it any wonder we ladies (and I suppose some gents) could be put off from going to gigs. Wish England was more like Europe where fans of all ages are treated with much more respect - hence more of a certain age ... go to gigs
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 09:48

That's awful, Ticky. They're well out of order. Suspect

Dunno if it's a sign of different people going to festivals and normally chilled-out gigs - or just my advancing years - but there seems to be more uncool types about. This morning Shaun Keaveny expressed his amazement about a fight breaking out at a Fleet Foxes gig. Oasis or some mad thrash metal outfit you'd maybe expect, but mellow FF!?! Bat For Lashes was another surprising scrap-at-gig incident. Gits.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 10:13

Yeah, heard that MrsW on the radio, well, I'm attending Fleet Foxes tonight, so I'd better get bladed up ! haha ! Apparently people were chatting all the way through certain parts of the gig...GRRRR !! If there's people near me chatting when I've waited 18 months to see this band, I'll be 'making my point clear'.....

Sorry to hear that Ticky, you can understand how Alan Partridge ust hates the general public' Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 16:02

I'm still here, older but no wiser Laughing

Don't think it's an 'getting old thing' more like I 'can't stand bad manners ' thing but people talking through gigs drives me mad, or worse those that spend the entire time waltzing backwards and forwards to the bar then obviously the loo Mad
if you want to just drink ,stay in the feckin' bar!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 16:48

Ticky - that is just so aggravating, reading what happened to you at the festival...wish I'd have been there to straighten those little sods out! Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Boot10
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 09:12

Ticky, don't let those nappies put you down. Shocked It's not "getting old" it is stumbling over very very stupid people who have a bunch of straw instead a brain Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 16:34

Thanks for your kind words everyone - I'm over it now. Those people were 2-dimensional twats - youth does not suit them. When they're my age, I'm sure they won't be as fabulous as I am.... Wink
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009, 16:42

ticky wrote:
Thanks for your kind words everyone - I'm over it now. Those people were 2-dimensional twats - youth does not suit them. When they're my age, I'm sure they won't be as fabulous as I am.... Wink

Thumbs Up! Nice one ticky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next