elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations

Go down 
+20
sundaygirl
hilaryg
Jones
mrswoman
Dr Evil
Glendarian
Dobz
Dabamash
nellie
lucky with disease
Topaz
Lesley Gilks
TamedLamia
al
bluejayway
Hotblack
fadeupyoursmile
WOBLEwoble
ChrissieInFL
ticky
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Empty
PostSubject: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:07

By popular request (well ChrissieFl) - here's a
topic for all of us who are over 40!

Where shall we start?

Last edited by ticky on Fri 17 Apr 2009, 20:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:09

Aaargh - what happened to your thread Chrissie?
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:17

'Tsalright Ticky, I saw you'd done one so I took mine down...two threads is too confusing for people our age! Very Happy

I think we should begin with the obvious...hands up, who's had hot flashes?? Laughing But seriously folks...what bugs you the most about being 40-something? One of my peeves is not being allowed to find certain dudes attractive anymore. Unless you're Madonna, you probably shouldn't notice guys you could probably baby-sit, am I right? Only mentioning it because my daughter's hyped up to see 17 Again, with Zac Efron in it, and I've noticed in the ads that lil' Zac's been working out. And I shouldn't notice that. Right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:28

Oh, and another thing...being called "ma'am". Boy oh boy, do I hate being called "ma'am". Mad
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:35

Hot flushes - don't get me started! I've been having them for years now and they really aren't pleasant.

Talking of younger men - my daughter took me to see Twilight, starring an extremely pretty young chap called Robert Pattinson - I want to mother him inappropriately........

Mind you, the lovely GG is 11 years younger than me..... Ho hum.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:36

ChrissieInFL wrote:
Oh, and another thing...being called "ma'am". Boy oh boy, do I hate being called "ma'am". Mad

I've never been called Ma'am - Chaps over here aren't that polite!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:45

Lucky you...when I went to see Ben folds in concert at a local university recently, the student who sold me my beer at the concession stand "ma'am"-ed me and I almost growled at him. We could do with being a bit LESS polite in instances like those!

Oh, and I agree about Mr. Vampire Boy... Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations 659_bl10
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 22:43

Well - then there were three. Good title !!!

Never had ma'am.

Lucky enough to work will lots of 20 - 30 year olds and with my interest in music - they let me join in ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Try saying you have a boyfriend when you are over 50 !!!! Every one thinks he is about 20. He is six years younger than me but still in his 40s. He loves it !!!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 22:44

Is there a thread for the under 30, bitter, and pissed?
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 01:41

Sarah wrote:
Is there a thread for the under 30, bitter, and pissed?
Laughing See, there's a gaping hole that needs filling...you need to start one so you young'uns can complain about your issues, too!

WOBLEwoble wrote:
Try saying you have a boyfriend when you are over 50 !!!!

Yeah, "boyfriend" sounds totally High School Musical or something...but what the heck else can you call them? Manfriends? That just sounds slightly creepy! Suspect
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 06:56

I'm sticking with boyfriend - even though mine is 50 in July!

'Lover' is far too personal and 'partner' is far too dull.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 10:38

I'm a toy boy. Mrs H likes a younger man. There's five years age gap..................

............and I'm in my mid-40s Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 11:10

I'm 17 going on 40, that's what my Nan says. What does that mean exactly?
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 11:20

I know a 25 year old who's going on 40 as well. It sort of means that you have a very adult, robust and strong view of the world around you.

I'm 45 going on 11.........or so Mrs H keeps telling me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 11:43

bluejayway wrote:
I'm 17 going on 40, that's what my Nan says. What does that mean exactly?

Don't worry, my 19 year old body has the bitter, misanthropic heart of a 80 year old man who had a tough life. I prefer hotblack's way of putting it, though Laughing
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 11:45

My optical age was mid-twenty but I am getting 41 in August. And I'm still single, no kids and as it seems the best I can make is to get a good man who's not afraid of chronic ill wives. Kids are passé not only because the chemo threw me into the menopause and at the moment it even seems that my hair grows back in grey! affraid
I'm afraid I won't make it to get a good man, because the ones I like are wether happily married or uninterested in women older than 40 (because they are under 40) or interested in "more attractive" women. And those who might be interested in me are just not my taste. And at the moment my taste isn't that naive anymore...he does not have to look like Johnny Depp or like young Peter Gabriel anymore. But the "big teddybears" that are still free are in Germany mostly not only looking like brickies. I had a chubby bloke 10 years ago but he was just too much a redneck. I'm afraid Guy Garvey is the only angel in a bear's body... Sad
I better stop ranting, or I get the blues...

Every granny says: "Every Jack finds his Jill"
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 11:55

al wrote:
Don't worry, my 19 year old body has the bitter, misanthropic heart of a 80 year old man who had a tough life.
PMSL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 12:17

Hey TL. Sorry to hear that.I'm sure you'll find someone eventually. I only met Mrs H when I was in my mid-30s. Neither of us had been married before so it can still happen. It happened when I'd given up looking. I probably came across as more relaxed.
TamedLamia wrote:
Every granny says: "Every Jack finds his Jill"

Or, in the words of Kate Bush 'Every old sock meets an old shoe'
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 12:41

Hotblack wrote:
Or, in the words of Kate Bush 'Every old sock meets an old shoe'
Laughing
Yea, I think I have to keep that in mind. Especially because Kate said it! Very Happy
Talked with my mom about my blues and she said, that I just have to wait until I am better with my health again and then I'll have the time to watch out for a good partner.
And hey, even if I get grey now, I always said before, that old Silentfilmstar Asta Nielsen got married once more with 88! What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 13:04

I'm 45 going on 11.........or so Mrs H keeps telling me. Very Happy[/quote]

That sounds like my 'boyfriend'. It will put a Very Happy on his face.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 13:28

I think that you will meet someone when you least expect it - I know it's been said before, but it's true.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 13:35

Hotblack wrote:
al wrote:
Don't worry, my 19 year old body has the bitter, misanthropic heart of a 80 year old man who had a tough life.
PMSL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What's PMSL?
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 13:43

I'm thinking it's "pissing myself laughing"...I could be wrong though. Maybe it's Hotblack's way of telling us he's "pretty much stud-like", or something... Laughing
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 13:51

Like it!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 14:00

Hey, we maybe don't have enough LoaCA (Ladies of a Certain Age) yet, but I think we should get ourselves a patron saint of the thread. I am trying to think of suitable candidates...not Madonna, because she's skanky. But somebody who is a shining example of getting better with age. Any ideas? Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next