elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra

Go down 
+54
weatherhead
allyngibson
oneofthethree
LongLegs
Eag
neil68
redliz2
heshofcheese
Grant
evad
andy_landy
yesman
Cestriansteve
bluefield
HANNAN372
captain pugwash
Tom
sparky
shandylegs
badabing
Mr Woman
MrsMagicalTrevor
ChrissieInFL
evilpixie
mrswoman
Glendarian
ticky
WOBLEwoble
Tailfly
Lynne
Jones
MagicalTrevor
SmilinSkullRing
KieranFunzig
disposablehero
Hotblack
lucky with disease
newborn
Kim
Lillybef
My Bury Vest
gazzmatazz
takemeanywhere
Stockhaus
Honorella
Prestwich Red 143
fadeupyoursmile
nikkijaydee
Emma G
nellie
sundaygirl
al
hilaryg
Misspelt Yoof
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 00:22

It looks like some kind of Vulcan salute.
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 10:01

I cant believe the prices on Ebay. I had considered that as my last resort for tickets, but there is no way that I could afford those prices.
think i may have to resign myself to the fact that im not going ( feels like crying Sad )
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 10:04

Oh, I'm so sad for you! I wanted to send a scathing email to those guys scalping (cos that's what they're doing) those tickets!!! It's just plain wrong!

Don't worry. This won't be the last tme they do something like tihs. Hopefully they'll be better organised next time and let people know a little more in advance!!
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 10:10

I suppose i musnt grumble, I mean I have been very lucky to see them 11 times in the past 7 years, but this is something that I would have dearly loved to have gone too.
But £500 for two tickets, that arent even front row!! Thats just taking the pee
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 10:15

Thye are . And they will go to hell for this.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 14:12

Some people disgust me:

gnuboardrider( 255) from sheffield, has 2 front row gallery £35 face value, bidding already up to £180 with 9 days to go.

Quote :
You are bidding for 2 front row gallery tickets for Elbow and the Halle at the Bridgewater Hall on 9th July 2009. This gig sold out in minutes.
The tickets are row D but I was assured by the box office they are front row with a great view. As you will see by the seating plan the gallery seats in the middle section start at row D.
Tickets are in hand and will be sent as soon as payment is received.
Any questions please ask.

tracysnoopcat( 29) from stockport 2@ £15 facevalue, bidding already up to £70 with 2 days to go.

clairebie1( 204) 2@ 42.50 face value,buy it now £425 with 9 days to go.

isthatin( 63) from Warrington 2@ £42.50, bidding up to £200 with 8 days to go.

plus_special_guests( 7579) 2@ £42.50, bidding up to £316 with 5 days still to go.

There is something very fishy the way these tickets were put on sale.
No

My stressful thursday evening, march 19th went like this.
Have been avoiding putting the computer on so often, but just by chance, came onto this forum on the evening of march 19th to discover this thread, my first knowledge of such a concert taking place, as I thought with the Abbey Road concert with orchestra, the idea of playing with the Halle had been shelved.

Shock! tickets had already been on sale for a couple of hours, so a rush of texting elbow friends and trying to book tickets at the same time before they went.
Through texting and calls finding out who had already had found out too, and who was already in the process of booking tickets themselves.
I phoned the link given and the best they could offer me was £15 gallery Shocked already? but I bought not wishing to miss out. I was then told that if I went direct to the boxoffice they probably had more choice. I did, and because I hadn't heard back or hadn't had a chance to find out if other friends had got tickets and seats were going fast, I booked 4 more better seats for me and friends, 6 were the limit per address.

I really don't know what would have been the best way to release these tickets, as if they had been advertised in advance of march 19th, there would have been an even bigger scramble for tickets. Having said this I did read that someone did have an advance tip off from Bridgewater staff, so got his tickets easily. Judging by the activity on ebay, touts were somehow in the know pretty quickly! Suspect

I do hope those that are desperate to be there are able to get tickets at face value. Who the hell is bidding such high numbers, when there are several days to go on some of these illegal auctions.
Is it the touts mates bidding to artificially inflate? If anyone is that desperate to bid, at least watch till the last minute, before you jump in and cost yourself dearly.
Rant over.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 14:52

All these tickets have only gone on sale the last day or two. When i checked on Friday, there was nothing listed.
£500 for two tickets to buy now, is very very steep, especially in the current climate.
Unfortuantly it is an all too common thing and Ebay are not bothered about it.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 15:03

I completely agree with you Lucky With Disease!!! One of the ebay bastards claims that the tix are available and ready to ship! Bullshit!! How can that be? My friend only got hers yesterday and I haven't received mine yet and as far as I know othes haven't either. I think there is some kind of traitor at the Bridgewater. It is an absolute disgrace. I nearly registered to ebay so I could email these shits and ask them how they sleep at night, but I was worried I'd get done in for harrassment or something.

Very very wrong. But dude, I am glad you got your tix! That's great. These tickets should be avaiable to EVERYONE. True fans, and not just people who are curious and can afford to splurge.

Hey, if you have any spare ones, spare a thought for some of these guys on the forum who missed out. Bettyblue really really wants to go so if you have one extra contact her. You would make her life.

xxx
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 15:26

sundaygirl wrote:

Hey, if you have any spare ones, spare a thought for some of these guys on the forum who missed out. Bettyblue really really wants to go so if you have one extra contact her. You would make her life.

xxx

Thats exactly why I bought the 6 maximum, as I knew that it would be too late to wait, and I know so many that want to go. I could have done without shelling out the money myself like that, and I have already been in contact with Bettyblue. The tickets I have are already for elbow friends, on here and off, but of course if one became spare I will say as soon as I know, and I'm sure you would with yours too.

The ebay listings seem to have coincided with the sending out of tickets from Bridgewater, which I have received. I havn't got the Quay tickets from the Festival site yet.

Last edited by lucky with disease on Sun 29 Mar 2009, 15:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 15:29

Good for you!!!

You received your tix atlready? I haven't yet....I hope they come next week. This whole thing is making me nervous. I won't feel secure till I hold those tickets in my hand!!
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 15:53

Whether I get lucky or not with a ticket, I just want to say that there are some bloody nice people on here.
Thank you to you all, youve put a smile on my face today
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 15:54

I hope you do!!!
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 16:09

lucky with disease wrote:
Some people disgust me:

Same here. No matter how desperate I am to go I refuse to pay these parasites a penny. I'll buy officially or not at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 16:14

Well, I'm nervous. Seems like everyone has received the tix but me!!! Even those evil touts. I'm turning into a basket case. I've checked my bank account, twice, and the money definitely went out but.... where are they? pale

Has anyone else already received theirs?
Back to top Go down
disposablehero
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 17:14

sundaygirl wrote:
Well, I'm nervous. Seems like everyone has received the tix but me!!! Even those evil touts. I'm turning into a basket case. I've checked my bank account, twice, and the money definitely went out but.... where are they? pale

Has anyone else already received theirs?

I bought a pair of stalls tickets for Wed and a pair for Thu, all from the Bridgewater Hall website.

I never received an email confirmation for either transaction, so I called the box office (0161 907 9000) the day after they went on sale just to confirm both of my orders were on their system - they confirmed they were.

The Thu tickets arrived last week. The Wed tickets have still not arrived.

I would say that if your account has been debited you'll be fine, but give them a call if you're worried.

Last edited by disposablehero on Sun 29 Mar 2009, 18:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 17:17

Huh, maybe they are sending out the Thursday tix first. My mate bought Thursday tix and hers came, and I bought the Wednesday ones....huh...
Thanks that cheers me up. I feel better. I'm sure I'm being paranoid.

I hope.
Back to top Go down
disposablehero
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 18:12

sundaygirl wrote:
Huh, maybe they are sending out the Thursday tix first. My mate bought Thursday tix and hers came, and I bought the Wednesday ones....huh...

That's the assumption I'm working with at the moment too. It might be a coincidence, but all of the tickets currently for sale on eBay are also for Thursday....

Last edited by disposablehero on Sun 29 Mar 2009, 18:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 18:16

hmmmmmmm Suspect
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 19:00

sundaygirl wrote:
Thanks that cheers me up. I feel better. I'm sure I'm being paranoid.

I hope.
Mine are for Thursday and I've not got them yet. But post round here is crap, and I know my card has been debited....
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 19:10

I'm sure I'm just being parnoid. I felt the same way about the first Aopllo show. For some reason my ticket was really late and I was panicking and thinking up all these senarios; someone stole it, it got lost, delivered to the wrong address. Sllly. Cos it came eventually. Maybe it's because buying these tickets was such a dama.

Anyway..how was Starsailor?
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 19:21

I haven't got my tickets for either day yet, or for the 'evening with' but my card has been debited. I always panic untill I actually have them, I've already convinced myself on several occasions before that my elderly postie has the same musical tastes as me and is going through my mail checking for tickets-not that I'm paranoid or anything! Shocked
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 19:23

sundaygirl wrote:
They were ok. The place was buzzing (Sheffield Leadmill, it's a good venue) but I wasn't really in the mood - having talked and listened Elbow all day. I decided that I still preferred the songs from Love is Here.

They only played for 85 minutes, which I think is a bit stingy for a band with four albums. Perhaps they shouldn't have had 3 support acts!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 19:43

nellie wrote:
I haven't got my tickets for either day yet, or for the 'evening with' but my card has been debited. I always panic untill I actually have them, I've already convinced myself on several occasions before that my elderly postie has the same musical tastes as me and is going through my mail checking for tickets-not that I'm paranoid or anything! Shocked

Ha ha! I was thinking "God! The mailman is going to see Bridgewater Hall writen on the envelope and go 'These must be those tickets everyone back at the sorting office is tlaking about!! I'll make a fortune! Never like that b***h in Flat 1 anyway!!!' "

Is that paranoid? Neutral
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 19:50

hilaryg wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:
They were ok. The place was buzzing (Sheffield Leadmill, it's a good venue) but I wasn't really in the mood - having talked and listened Elbow all day. I decided that I still preferred the songs from Love is Here.

They only played for 85 minutes, which I think is a bit stingy for a band with four albums. Perhaps they shouldn't have had 3 support acts!

Ah, that's a shame. Never mind. We're all seeing Elbow in a few months!!! Unless the postmen have stolen our tickets. Then we will hunt them down and kill them! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 20:11

I was ringing from 3pm and finally got through at 3.30. By this time, all they could offer were the £15 seats. They told me to try the box office, but couldn't guarantee if any were left so I had to book. I wasn't even gven a choice of day - this was for the Thursday, so presumably they had already sold the others?

Anyway, one thing with the tickets on ebay doing so well - more and more people will be tempted to sell theirs. There'll be loads on and the value should start to drop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra
Page 4 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next