elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra

Go down 
+54
weatherhead
allyngibson
oneofthethree
LongLegs
Eag
neil68
redliz2
heshofcheese
Grant
evad
andy_landy
yesman
Cestriansteve
bluefield
HANNAN372
captain pugwash
Tom
sparky
shandylegs
badabing
Mr Woman
MrsMagicalTrevor
ChrissieInFL
evilpixie
mrswoman
Glendarian
ticky
WOBLEwoble
Tailfly
Lynne
Jones
MagicalTrevor
SmilinSkullRing
KieranFunzig
disposablehero
Hotblack
lucky with disease
newborn
Kim
Lillybef
My Bury Vest
gazzmatazz
takemeanywhere
Stockhaus
Honorella
Prestwich Red 143
fadeupyoursmile
nikkijaydee
Emma G
nellie
sundaygirl
al
hilaryg
Misspelt Yoof
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 15:47

I know..Hilary is going to heaven.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:09

hahaha, thank you.

It was a traumatic process getting the Halle ticket - I still can't believe I had a ticket in row A of the stalls at one point but the website wouldn't let me pay for it. Hence the slight paranoia.

But I have realised how ridiculous it was worrying about it, so I called my credit card just now and endured the multiple "press 1 for a balance" type menus. 10 minutes later I managed to speak to a real person and confirmed that Bridgewater Hall did indeed deduct money from my card last week, so phew!

I am so glad I had last week off work and was wasting time faffing about on the web - otherwise I would have been in the ranks of those who didn't know about it until it was too late. I really sympathise about how unfair that is.

Given how fast it sold out and some sections were unavailable I still can't help suspecting that some tickets have been held back.
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:14

Have you seen the price of the tickets on ebay? There's quite a few on.

I really feel for the real fans who were unable to get tickets and will end up paying way over the odds to get their rightful places there.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:19

You know, the site wouldn't let me pay for them either and I was sh***ing myself! I had 3 seats in row C (not row A, but still not bad...) and it wouldn't work!! And I was at work!!! I was panicing and almost in tears. I finally called and managed to get the seats but I felt like I needed to lie down after. THEN I saw your link about the Guy show!! So I went to the lady's room and ordered them by phone in one of the cubicles!!! LOL!! The people in there must have thought I was nuts, but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything after thay. Tx for both Halle shows and the Evening with Guy...I was on the moon!!!! Still am. bounce

I'm actually not at all surprised at how fast they sold out. I knew they would. Bet some were reserved for their families.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:20

mrsprestwichred143 wrote:
Have you seen the price of the tickets on ebay? There's quite a few on.

I really feel for the real fans who were unable to get tickets and will end up paying way over the odds to get their rightful places there.

I think that is so evil. Next time something like this happens I'm going to buy extra and people who missed out can buy them from me at face value...
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:21

Just checked eBay. Clucking bells!! how much?

Although, there aren't as many as I'd have thought on there. I can only hope that the majority have tickets have already gone to fans and not touts/agencies.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:25

Sundaygirl, you're reminding me of days long gone when friends and I followed another band around the country and we were formidable about being organised to get each other front row tickets at seated venues.

I remember having a forceful discussion with the woman at Croydon Fairfield Halls box office along the lines of "I don't care if the view is best from row G, and that you get a crick in your neck at the front. I don't care if we're looking at the band's knees and up their noses all night. Please give me the sodding tickets in row A!". All conducted in the corridor at work on my mobile phone. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:25

I can't believe it! Bastards. I wouldn't sell mine for any amount of money.
Plus Shirley would kill me...
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:30

hilaryg wrote:
I don't care if we're looking at the band's knees and up their noses all night. Please give me the sodding tickets in row A!". Very Happy

Amen! One of my fondest memories is resting my little head against Guy's tummy at the last Leeds show. Yes, I want to be THAT close!!!!

I love Elbowies. flower
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:34

I did that in Sheffield!! Lookie here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0zh4hb3ReU
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:35

hilaryg wrote:
Just checked eBay. Clucking bells!! how much?

Although, there aren't as many as I'd have thought on there. I can only hope that the majority have tickets have already gone to fans and not touts/agencies.

There's time yet and with the tickets starting to arrive, more will undoubtedly crop up very soon. People are making a living from snapping up popular tickets and selling them to desperate fans on ebay.
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:36

sundaygirl wrote:
I can't believe it! Bastards. I wouldn't sell mine for any amount of money.
Plus Shirley would kill me...

Yes, and don't you forget that! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:46

hilaryg wrote:
I did that in Sheffield!! Lookie here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0zh4hb3ReU

I think he's scared of me. Sad
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:50

Ha ha, bril!!!

He's a photo I took as Guy was stading right over me. You can tell from the photo that my head is exploding!!!

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 2954359523_65a8907969
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 16:55

I think he's scared of me. Sad

NO WAY!!!! How could he be???
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 17:11

You know I must have stood next to or pretty close to you two at a few shows. I know I've been to see a band too many times when not only do I know the names of the crew but I also recognise some of the audience.

Right, lovely chatting but I have an appointment with Starsailor tonight so I'm heading for the shower....
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 17:20

We'll have to come up with some kind of Elbow Room signal, secret passwod, handshake to identify members at shows...Hmmmm scratch

Have fun tonight!!!!
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 17:43

hilaryg wrote:
You know I must have stood next to or pretty close to you two at a few shows. I know I've been to see a band too many times when not only do I know the names of the crew but I also recognise some of the audience.

Right, lovely chatting but I have an appointment with Starsailor tonight so I'm heading for the shower....

Great Hilary! Have a great time. Mr PR143 and I were lucky enough to see James Walsh at the Deaf Institute a couple of weeks ago. Mr PR143 was left to get the tickets for The Ritz, but by the time he got round to it, they'd sold out Sad They stayed quite high on ebay too. Still, can't complain at all. It was a great night at the Deaf Institute and we were very lucky to go.
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 17:44

sundaygirl wrote:
We'll have to come up with some kind of Elbow Room signal, secret passwod, handshake to identify members at shows...Hmmmm scratch

Have fun tonight!!!!

Give me Beer Perhaps you could carry a sign like this? Olivia does.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 17:45

Suspect
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 17:48

Mr PR143 was left to get the tickets for The Ritz, but by the time he got round to it, they'd sold out Sad .

was Mr. Prestwichred in the doghouse???
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 18:13

sundaygirl wrote:
Mr PR143 was left to get the tickets for The Ritz, but by the time he got round to it, they'd sold out Sad .

was Mr. Prestwichred in the doghouse???

Silly question. He'd still be there if I hadn't won those tickets!
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 18:17

Great Hilary! Have a great time.
I shall do my very best. Wink
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 18:19

LOL, I LOVE that photo. What IS he doing???
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Mar 2009, 00:04

He's making a heart to someone in the audience.

I've been trying to remember if that was one of several gigs I went to last year where there were declarations of love and marriage proposal. Think it was Leeds Met in April. Can anyone else remember?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra
Page 3 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next