elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Am Kloot

Go down 
+28
ticky
natalia
sparky
ElbowFreak
MagicalTrevor
al
lucky with disease
oneofthethree
Kim
LongLegs
calypso
Bright Grey
newborn
nellie
Emma G
sundaygirl
Prestwich Red 143
takemeanywhere
chan
bluefield
asleepintheback
Dabamash
Misspelt Yoof
Hotblack
Skeletor
ukkonen
Jonny
Glendarian
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

I Am Kloot - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 10:46

Many of your comments on this board so far, oneofthethree, have not been joy to read. I'm a long standing I am kloot fan but this thread is becoming as irritating as many of the other threads on this board.

So I will use my right to, and quote from 'Ranks' thread:

'There is nothing but freedom to post on here, and you should never, ever censor your own post for that reason'

to think before I post (so in that way, I do always censor
my own posts)

so far in the week you have been here posting, you have been rude to takemeanywhere
,who was actually making an informative post for others benefit, and not just yet another personal ticket arrival announcement.
and the following are quotes of oneofthethree from various other threads:

'I could kill bono'

' Bono because I hate him'

called Letterman a tosser,

and been pissed off a few times already

...may I direct you and any others who obviously don't take any notice of forum etiquette to:

http://elbow.heavenforum.org/elbow-patch-f1/forum-rules-t5.htm

as there seems to have been even more lack of this by some members of late.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 11:10

Well I'm going to use my right and freedom to post as I like until the moderators pull me up.

For the record, takemeanywhere is one of my best friends - there's a lot of banter in the posts when we're responding to each other. I'm sure he takes absolutely no offence at anything that I've posted in response to him.

As for Bono, lots of people don't like him. I won't post my thoughts for fear of offending you further, but I'm entitled not to like him and express that view. He puts himself up for that type of opinion on him by his manner and his opinions. I don't actually want to kill him - I think anyone with a vague sense of humour would be able to work that one out. As for Letterman, he's supposed to be a professional television presenter with years of experience. To bump a band that's cancelled a gig and travelled some distance to perform on a show because he can't keep within a schedule is unprofessional. I'm sure words harsher than tosser were used within the Elbow camp at the point they were bumped. You should try some other band messageboards if you think anything posted on here is mildly offensive.

As for your comments about excitement about tickets arriving, are you really such a killjoy that people shouldn't be able to express their excitement at seeing (one of) their favourite bands? It's an internet messageboard with people of different ages, different levels of maturity who will want to post about very different topics. From being here a week, it's great to see people still have that genuine excitement about seeing bands. I don't really want to read pages about whose tickets have arrived or not, but that's part of being on an internet messageboard community. You have to deal with it.

dave
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 11:52

Thankyou for your reply, one of the three, but once again you are being rude in your manner of explanation
Quote :
are you really such a killjoy?"

No of course I'm not, that I why I have never posted publically on the forum about it before, in all the time I have been here. Just grin and bear it. It just seems to be getting more frequent lately.

I do myself, have quite a dark sense of humour but I hope it doesn't extend to ' bad name calling'
Quote :
While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
(from forum rules).... as name calling, as we have seen previously on this board can get out of hand.

[quote]You should try some other band messageboards if you think anything posted on here is mildly offensive
[quote/]

Thanks for the advice, I do actually happen to be one of elbow's fans, not an other band and judging by the lack of posts of late by previous posters to this board, I think some may have done just that. Not necessarily for "mildly offensive" as you put it, as this is, of course, subjective, but also for other reasons.

How is anyone on a public forum reading the posts between you and takemeanywhere to guess that you are in fact best friends, of course if thats the way you speak to your best friend, then I stand corrected.

[quote]Well I'm going to use my right and freedom to post as I like until the moderators pull me up.
[quote/]

....exactly.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 13:12

Ok, I am a moderator, and I am pulling you both up. Enough of the flaming guys. It seems we have gone way off the topic. If you want to argue like little children, take it off the board and into PM.

Oneofthree, you have repeatedly posted unhelpful comments that contribute in no way to the forum or thread in question. Please try to stick to the rules. It is true that you are free to post any opinion you might have, but try to take other peoples view into account before you click the Send button.

Luckywithdisease: If you have a problem with a member, the best course to take is to PM a mod or the admin, rather than tackling it yourself.

Last edited by Dabamash on Sat 01 Aug 2009, 13:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 13:28

I'm backing up Dab here, to quote ET "Beeee goooood"
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Aug 2009, 13:57

I'm late on this one, but am in agreement with Dab and al.

Back to Kloot please folks.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 11:24

The Relentless Garage gig will have an early curfew of 10pm, bands are on at 8pm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 18:50

I hope we get 2 hours and plenty of the new songs. Surely the Sky at Night must be finished by now, even if they're not putting Even The Stars on it for some incomprehensible reason.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 19:10

It'l be the 'B' songs more, won't it, for September?

Do you think Sky at Night album release is not ready till 2010 as Craig and Guy are so busy now?
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 20:15

They've already said Sky At Night is early 2010 at some of the gigs they did in the summer, which is a real disappointment - I think it's more to do with them taking a long time to record and some tension in the band that John has alluded to at a number of the solo gigs than Craig and Guy's schedule. But the B-sides album has 10 unreleased tracks so we should get some gems on there.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Aug 2009, 08:28

oneofthethree wrote:
even if they're not putting Even The Stars on it for some incomprehensible reason.
Even The Stars isn't going to be on The Sky At Night? Really? That's awful. Even The Stars is probably the best song I've ever heard!
Back to top Go down
takemeanywhere
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Aug 2009, 09:09

Misspelt Yoof wrote:
oneofthethree wrote:
even if they're not putting Even The Stars on it for some incomprehensible reason.
Even The Stars isn't going to be on The Sky At Night? Really? That's awful. Even The Stars is probably the best song I've ever heard!

I'm with you, man. Hopefully, things will have changed and it will be included but it will be a major change of heart from JHAB if it is.
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 06:04

At one point it was going to be on, we talked with JHAB about it at the Academy gigs in Feb, but then by the May gigs it was off and he didn't really want to seem to talk about it. Very mysterious, but a real shame as it's such a superb song. The live version on the Moolah Rouge dvd and the myspace version that's up from time to time are beautiful.
Back to top Go down
takemeanywhere
little beast
little beast

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 15:32

The Cannock gig (John Bramwell solo) has been rearranged for Saturday 31st October. Once again, Dave Knowles is happy to reserve tickets for people who are unable to get to the venue in advance of the gig and the cost is £8.

Dave's company is called Troubador Promotions and you can find him on either myspace or facebook (if anyone is struggling, let me know).
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 20:10

B-sides album out Oct 5, but also on sale at the gigs in September.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 18:53

Quote :
I AM KLOOT "B" ALBUM 2009 - TRACKLISTING

DISC 1:

1. titanic
produced / engineered & mixed by guy garvey 1999.

2. proof (demo)
produced / engineered & mixed by guy garvey 2001.

3. this house is haunted
produced by ian broudie / engineered by jon gray / mixed by cenzo townshend 2003.

4. cinders
produced & mixed by chris potter / engineered by dom morley 2003.

5. deep blue sea
produced by ian broudie / engineered by jon gray / mixed by cenzo townshend 2003.

6. the mermen
produced & mixed by chris potter / engineered by dom morley 2003.

7. gods and monsters (two lone swordsmen remix)
produced by joe robinson / engineered by dan broad / remixed by andy wheatherall - two lone swordsmen 2005.

8. strange little girl
produced / mixed & engineered by guy garvey & craig potter 2005.

9. junk culture
produced / engineered & mixed by i am kloot 2004.

10. stop taking photographs
produced & mixed by joe robinson / engineered by dan broad 2005.

11. big tears
produced / mixed & engineered by i am kloot 2003.

12. monkeys

13. by myself
produced / engineered & mixed by scott alexander & julian gaskell 2003.

14. a million things
produced / engineered & mixed by i am kloot 2007.

DISC 2:

15. blue and bone china
produced /engineered & mixed by seadna mcphail 2007.

16. asleep at the wheel
produced /engineered & mixed by seadna mcphail 2007.

17. fat kids in photographs
produced / engineered & mixed by colin collis 1997.

18. ferris wheels (demo)
produced / mixed / engineered by i am kloot 2007.

19. tell me something
produced / mixed by chris potter / extra production by julian gaskell 2006.

20. the face of alabaster
produced & mixed by colin mcleod / engineered by seadna mcphail 2007.

21. you gotta go

22. the great escape
produced & mixed by joe robinson / engineered by dan broad 2005.

23. glimmer

24. life in a day (live)
recorded live at brixton academy / live sound by richard knowles 2004.

25. over my shoulder (demo)
produced / mixed & engineered by guy garvey 1999.

26. 86tv's (alternative version)
produced & mixed by hugh jones 2001.

27. twist (french)
recorded at la boule noire - paris - valentines day / live sound by jemina cox 2001.

28. dogs howl
Is Chris any relation?
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 14:17

Extra Manchester date added for next Wednesday, 16th September.
Back to top Go down
takemeanywhere
little beast
little beast

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 15:48

Pre-order link for the new b-sides and rarities album for those unable to make the September shows (and want to buy it, obviously):

http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/product.php?pId=10003498&pType=1
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 23:48

The cover art seen on the pre-order, isn't what was expected from the brief given for the sending in of 'B' designs from fans.
It seems it was specifically 'Fonts' they wanted rather than black and white square designs featuring 'B'

the Kloot gallery of ideas submitted is quite entertaining nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 12:52

2 Reviews of Kloot from wednesday night.

http://www.citylife.co.uk/music/reviews/17125_could_kloot_s_time_be_about_to _come_

http://www.citylife.co.uk/music/features/14151_sky_s_not_the _limit_for_kloot

We were there last night... thursday, said hi to Nellie and SG there ...great little venue and their songs new and old are so energised lately.
All sounded and looked lovely, cannot wait to get home to play their new CD :-)
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 12:17

A great performance from Kloot last night, with an extra long set, including a few songs they hadn't played live before.

The crowd were pretty good too, except for the person who kept guffing and nearly made me vom! No Why did you have to stand near me?
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 13:13

I wondered what that eggy smell was. It was pretty grim and lingered.

Great set.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 07:41

Great interview with John here.

Such good news that YMATAC is getting a rerelease.

It seems that Even The Stars will be on the new album after all.

Can't wait 'til December!
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009, 11:51

Johnny solo dates

Dec

Tues 8 Newcastle Cluny 2
Wed 9 York Fibbers
Sat 12 Oxford Jericho
Sun 13 Bristol Louisiana
Mon 14 Brighton Hanbury Ballroom
Tues 15 London Putney Half Moon

lovely stuff
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2009, 11:55

oneofthethree wrote:
Tues 15 London Putney Half Moon
Half Moon again? It's such a bitch to get to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Am Kloot   I Am Kloot - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Am Kloot
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next