elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Am Kloot recording new album with Guy and Craig

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goo5e
newborn
newborn
Goo5e

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-13

I Am Kloot recording new album with Guy and Craig Empty
PostSubject: I Am Kloot recording new album with Guy and Craig   I Am Kloot recording new album with Guy and Craig Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan 2009, 17:26

From I Am Kloot's website:

"Manchester three-piece I Am Kloot celebrate their 10th anniversary with the announcement of a new album to be released later this year.

10 years into their lifespan the band will mark the occasion by returning to their roots and recording an album with close allies Guy Garvey & Craig Potter of Elbow the duo who produced Kloot's acclaimed debut ‘Natural History’. Work began in Stockport’s Moolah Rouge in the first week of January for the album, tentatively titled, “The Sky At Night”

Here’s what Guy & Craig have to say regarding the hook up:

Guy Garvey “"Producing Natural History (I Am Kloot's 1st album) was one of the most gratifying experiences of my life. So when they invited us to produce this record I was overjoyed. Craig (Potter - elbow keyboard player and producer) being involved is perfect because he actually knows what he is doing. Moolah Rouge (Stockport recording studio) is a perfect space to make a record. It is a state of the art studio but well worn and authentic – it’s just my kind of toy shop. As for the songs; they are Johns' best. Listening to the demos was like being jostled by gentlemen thieves. I looked down and my heart was gone; and my fucking wallet!"

Craig Potter: "I been a huge fan of 'Kloot' from the very beginning and I'm very exited to be working with them. There's a great buzz around the studio and having been in the lucky position of hearing the new songs - I'm very confident that this is going to be a very special record indeed." "

Great news, would be fantastic if the also contribute some vocals and/or music - Guy's voice complements John's brilliantly.
Back to top Go down

I Am Kloot recording new album with Guy and Craig
Page 1 of 1