elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.

Go down 
+52
alexis_s
Krisje
leespoons
Knee
blaise83
missdiane
harvgarv
alastairprice
Ryan Hansford
RobtimusPrime
kallumnolan
georgelassoedthemoon
Carl0sAlbert0
Toot
Molly
Some Rioter
johng22
emma
mainscoe
bobmc
ManicsTheHedgehog
jonnyw
LaurenJade
suered
ElbowFreak
v5
fadeupyoursmile
Open arms
seamiedev
LeoP
Rowlapa1974
ChrissieInFL
Blind Io
Adderz
OllieCT
ScotsAl
lucky with disease
MagicalTrevor
baby.giraffe
My Bury Vest
Andy Fitrains
lensflare
ticky
danh
albutch
NeonChoir
Marco4
Jones
Mr Woman
mirrorball3
mrswoman
Audrey
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bobmc
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 21:22

Hmm,
Going out on a limb and stating I am probably the only 52YO male here. Not on a limb in stating the obvious that the boys are the just tremendously talented. I found Elbow thru a TV show called Live at Abbey Road; living I the northeast US (NJ), I had never heard them on any other terrestrial source (they may have been on the satellites!). I literally stood up and replayed their set over and over (3 songs from TSSK ; Grounds/Divorce, Bones of U, and of course, Day Like…). Two young daughters at home (2 and 5) so I missed them last year in NYC. I have purchased the albums out of sequence, and just got LOTFW this past Monday which is an embarrassment of musical riches. It boggles my mind to think they get no attention here in the states. Every listen reveals some new joy; the writing, playing, recording, dynamics, instrumentation, oh and that voice… did you guys notice his voice? Pretty good, right? clown

So, old bastard (should be my screen name) out for now, but will be back to talk music (I am an amateur musician) and will try and get a video of my girls dancing to “Forget Myself”. It will not disappoint.
bobmc (aka old bastard)
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 22:47

Welcome bobmc!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012, 14:37

Hi, bobmc! Glad to see another American on board the Elbow Express! Very Happy Like you, my mind is boggled beyond belief at the fact that we never see/hear Elbow as often as we should on this side of the pond. And yeah, Guy's voice is pretty good, now that ya mention it... Laughing Anyway, welcome!
Back to top Go down
bobmc
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012, 16:22

Thanks Trevor and Chrissie.
Back to top Go down
mainscoe
fallen angel
fallen angel
mainscoe

Male Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012, 19:05

Hello - Mike here from Bury - feel like elbow are kind of 'our band' with being local and also having attended Stand College (albeit leaving in 1980). Occasionally see one of the guys in Bury - Mark recently spotted at a car park !!!! Hello anyway!
Back to top Go down
bobmc
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Feb 2012, 16:36

Mike

Welcome from another forum newbie. Quite envious of you being local to the guys. I work kinda near the New Jersey shore which would make Bon Jovi local to me.

And yes, I threw up in my mouth as I wrote that.

Bob
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Feb 2012, 01:45

Welcome to the board mainscoe and bobmc! It's great to see fans ranging from their own hometown all the way to the other side of the world Smile . And I'm definitely a little envious of your run-ins with the band too!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Feb 2012, 14:35

mainscoe wrote:
Hello - Mike here from Bury - feel like elbow are kind of 'our band' with being local and also having attended Stand College (albeit leaving in 1980). Occasionally see one of the guys in Bury - Mark recently spotted at a car park !!!! Hello anyway!

Stand College, know it well mate - I'm from Whitefield yet living just over the Manchester/Lancs border in Unsworth, Bury. Yep, see Mark and Jupp around the area from time to time......

Welcome !
Back to top Go down
mainscoe
fallen angel
fallen angel
mainscoe

Male Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Feb 2012, 21:13

Cheers buddies - and MBV; I used to teach just round there too (Hillock)..........small world!!!
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012, 15:35

Do you have any idea how many people envy you just for living in that area???!!! Crying or Very sad *handsupmyself...*

Anyway! Very warm welcome to the board! Great to see that new members/fans are joining in... even though it's a bit quite around here at the moment. Very Happy
But wait for the next album release!!! Party!
Back to top Go down
johng22
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 21:58

Hey all, I'm John from Bristol. Having a very elbowy day. I was in Manchester overnight so went to find The Temple this morning, then I was tweeted by Craig and now I've found this place. All three of these things make me very happy.

And also, I like Elbow, in case anyone was in any doubt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 22:00

Welcome John...this is a great place to be!
Back to top Go down
Some Rioter
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2012, 23:34

Hello everyone Smile

Glad i found this place as not many of my friends are into Elbow (should be punishable by death i know)

Became a fan after hearing grounds for divorce on the radio years ago, then really got into them when Build a rocket boys! came out. I have a fridge full of Elbow beer and their entire back catalogue Smile
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2012, 01:20

Welcome to you, enjoy that beer!
Back to top Go down
Molly
fallen angel
fallen angel
Molly

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2012, 11:05

Hi , Im really please I found this forum as not many people around me like elbow and many of my friends frequently question my interest, but that's probably just an age thing . I am really surprised I haven't found this before because I have liked elbow for about 2 years Smile
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 26 May 2012, 11:12

Hi Molly, and welcome.

Obviously I need to advertise better Smile
Back to top Go down
Toot
newborn
newborn
Toot

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 20:33

Hi,
Glad to have found this Forum. I'm a huge Elbow fan. Love them and saw them in the O2 in Dublin last year. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 21:20

Welcome Toot! You're amongst kindred spirits here...
Back to top Go down
Carl0sAlbert0
fallen angel
fallen angel
Carl0sAlbert0

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 18:37

Hello all! Stumbled across this today. Huge fan, dunno why I didn't notice you guys sooner!

Simon.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jul 2012, 18:38

I really do need to advertise better! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012, 20:47

Hello all you new people!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jul 2012, 22:37

Nice to have a bunch of new friends - welcome to the forum everyone! I love you
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2012, 18:12

Hi Molly & Carl0s! Elbow Room Only's a great place to be. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
georgelassoedthemoon
newborn
newborn
georgelassoedthemoon

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 21:22

Hello Smile

Noticed this forum a few months a go but forgot to sign up affraid My name's George, (hence the Noisebox EP reference) and I've been a pretty hardcore Elbow fan for a few years now. I'm also a very proud Jodrellite!

Thanks for having me! Smile
Back to top Go down
kallumnolan
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012, 03:21

Kallum here, Manchester, 21. Favourite band and buzzing about this forum, see a load of you next week!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next