elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.

Go down 
+174
Lozzmeister
iamkloot
Gaily67
DullMindedGirl
lilli
Kay
Icen
Stupid Face
Worrywort
Portlawslim
MantraLuna
Dave K
dustbowl
Space_dementia
Quent1n
sonicpurveyor
Serendipity
Moultyx
DrunkenEngineer
Project571
Boney-Crisp
JMN
Atane
LikeACloudOfStarlings
HattyMarris
NeonChoir
shelala
The Lippy Kid
Emylou123
pgelbow2010
Panja
AyannaD
CrisalidaBoy
Dano
macpinky
Kayleigh
sillybilly
mitchy
homeward
n0n0k0
natalia
spanglemaker
benraul
imalittlebeast
chizzleface
pjmossy30
Weepsie
sparkly
Tara O.
Mollyb
jakiamena
Butterfly#42
allyngibson
bennn
redliz2
calypso
andy_landy
Kim
evad
Cestriansteve
captain pugwash
Brentie
Jools
The Love Almighty
a5quared
run-lola-run
Lynne
Tailfly
Diaan
rascalphoto
Lesley Gilks
WOBLEwoble
Steveissteve
gabbleratchet
danyadoi
Glasgow Girl
hilaryg
anydaynow
newborn
yesman
tojk
Cozzer
gazzmatazz
Bunts
ticky
androwe
Wirralgir1
Sally Cinnamon
The Finest Hour
bluejayway
dorsetbay
My Bury Vest
ferdalicious
nikkijaydee
Stockhaus
Dobz
will2fly
hagger
Bachman
ImaginedAffair
Eag
Bright Grey
Prestwich Red 143
SmilinSkullRing
salparadise
LongLegs
Annie
daveandthekids
dislocated northerner
bobblymole
Mirrorball
Alison
moonbeams
Mr Woman
Mr_K
Lillybef
Emma G
ElbowFreak
TheFoyer
Grant
Starlings
Dikky
heshofcheese
Leo
Georgie-Boy
Jan
13th Earl
takemeanywhere
SeldomSeenSimon
evilpixie
Condo Flipper
blackmissionary
bluefield
ChrisMcW
Mirrorballed
mrswoman
chan
klingklang
wurzel
stefinitely
Dave F.
finesthourfan
al
fadeupyoursmile
mrspetrol
lapitu
Fancy Pants
Trains Are...Mint
girlafraid
Calum
Carah
Emmo
Hotblack
Ted
lucky with disease
Misspelt Yoof
noisebox
Jason
josephblack
emma
MrsMagicalTrevor
Glendarian
Craig Potter
ChrissyBoy
ChrissieInFL
Skeletor
JulieinTX
Jones
Jonny
Topaz
leespoons
TamedLamia
Dabamash
MagicalTrevor
178 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeTue 01 Apr 2008, 11:21

Hi and thanks for visiting "elbow room only"

I was looking around for an elbow forum but could find none. The band doesn't seem to have an official one, so I decided to start one up and see how it goes.

The success of a forum is entirely dependent on the community (that means you!) so I'm open to any suggestions regarding layout, forum catagories and so on.

I hope you find this place useful and informative, and hopefully a very friendly place to hang out.

Cheers,

MagicalTrevor

Last edited by MagicalTrevor on Wed 09 Apr 2008, 06:15; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Hiya   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeTue 01 Apr 2008, 13:13

Hiya, nice idea making an Elbow fan site, seems a bit quiet at the moment, but thats probably because its new Smile . Ive only recently heard of Elbow, but i have liked everything that I have heard, so I bought the new album "The Seldom Seen Kid". Anyway, with a bit more time and awareness, i imagine this forum will soon be buzzing (good to know I got in there from the start Very Happy !). Couple of suggestions: Add a few more topic threads. Add a link to Elbow's main site. Put in a Forum Suggestions topic thread. I've administrated quite a few forums and I know how hard it is to get them up and running, but I think this is a good start, and i believe it will soon be very popular with the right advertising.

oh yer, p.s. If the forum does turn out to be popular, make Elbow aware of it as bands occasionally put links to unofficial fan sites on their own websites. (just a thought Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Another suggestion   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeTue 01 Apr 2008, 13:20

Oops, I forget, another suggestion would be to put in a forum rules thread.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeTue 01 Apr 2008, 15:38

Hi folks,
there was in fact a fansite (http://www.powderblue.fsnet.co.uk) but unfortunately it broke down. The forum from that site still exsists ( http://www.atomicboards.com/board.pl?user=powderblue ) but it is hard to google. But I have no problem surfing to more than one forums. And I hope, some of the powderblue-folks might surf here too. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeTue 01 Apr 2008, 19:04

Hi, thanks for setting up the forum, I pop up on the powderblue forum and facebook group from time to time but I'll start dropping in here too...
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeTue 01 Apr 2008, 19:05

Hey thanks, and welcome!

I remember that site from years back! I'd totally forgotten about it, though it appears I am not a member, which is unusual. I don't want to steal anybody's thunder, but if people are happy to register on here then that's great!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Apr 2008, 10:59

Most bands have loads of fansites anyway, so its good that there is quite a few spreading the word of Elbow...
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 21:17

Hey all. Huge Elbow fan and happy to be here.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 21:19

Happy to have you!
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 13:41

I haven't been on for a few days but I've noticed lots of new members here now, that's great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 16:57

Hi All!

I am so happy to have found this forum!
My name is Joanie, I'm from Ireland and have been a fan since Cast of Thousands.
So glad to find some fellow fans of this fantastic, very much underrated band!
I've got tickets to the Dublin and Belfast shows and I am really, really looking forward to it.
I just saw the set-list and it looks fab, but where is 'Weather to Fly' ???? Shocking!

J
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 17:27

Hi Joanie, and thanks for sigining up!
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 22:17

Nice to meet you Joanie! yeah, I realized that I would've been happy if they played everything off the new album...! but then there might've been an outcry for earlier material... c'est la vie ;P
Back to top Go down
JulieinTX
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 23:01

Well, I more or less introduced myself in a different thread yesterday, but I'll make it "official" here.
My name is Julie (obviously), and I'm in Dallas, TX. Compared to a lot of you, I'm a relative latecomer to the music of Elbow...started listening to BBC6 online a few years ago, heard "Forget Myself" one fateful day, just about lost my mind ("who was that??"), went straight out and bought LOFW, and within weeks was head-over-heels in love and soaking up everything I could find by this wonderful band.
As I mourned yesterday, they are not coming near Dallas enough for me to go see them (weep!), but I'm thrilled for the rest of you and am looking forward to lots of glowing reports. ( and pictures!)

SO happy to have found this forum - thanks so much for putting it together! Looking forward to getting to know you all...

Julie
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 23:52

Hi Julie, good to have you onboard Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2008, 11:23

I'm an Elbow fan from Croatia. Not many people here know about Elbow because they still aren't that popular. I came acroos Elbow completely accidentally, while browsing in a music shop. The guy working there was listening to Red and I loved the song. We enquired about the band and the guy told us it was Elbow.
It took me a few days to buy Asleep in the Back and Cast of Thousands....I'm a fan for almost 5 years now...
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2008, 13:05

Nice to meet y'all! I'm in South Florida and I have been a lonely Elbow fan since Asleep In The Back. Thank God for British music magazines, because I would never have known about Elbow had I not read the Q magazine review on AITB. And now the web helps me find and keep up with many bands like Elbow, that are making great music all over the world but may not show up on the radar where I live. So hooray for this forum! cheers
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr 2008, 16:52

Hi Folks,

Will apologise in advance for being a part time contributor, not much time with kids etc.

Discovered this site while trawling the internet, can't get enough of them at the moment.

Elbow are one of my most favourite bands providing great tunes, lyrics and an emotional rollercoaster. If i'm honest i missed Asleep In The Back first time around, and really got into them after hearing the wonderful Fugitive Motel.

Have been playing SSK virtually continuously since its release and only stopped to revisit the other three albums.
Back to top Go down
Craig Potter
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2008, 09:19

Hi everyone! This forum is great, thanks for setting it up and for all your kind words....
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2008, 11:04

Hi, I've just joined here, via the link on the Powderblue forum. I've loved Elbow since Asleep in the Back days, when I heard Newborn on a compilation CD and rushed out & bought the album - never looked back since. Very Happy And at present I'm still in post-gig euphoria (Birmingham last night - awesome). Good luck with the forum!
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2008, 11:13

Is it just me, or are you Craig Potter, Craig Potter? Craig? :S
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2008, 11:15

I'm not Wink, but Craig posted just before me.
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2008, 11:17

I was referring to him, hehe.... Sorry, I'm in dubious awe. Shocked
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2008, 11:18

This could end up like Spartacus if we're not careful...

I'm Craig Potter! No, I'm Craig Potter...etc etc...

I'm Brian Blessed!
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2008, 11:23

I'm Craig Potter and so's my wife!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next