elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.

Go down 
+52
alexis_s
Krisje
leespoons
Knee
blaise83
missdiane
harvgarv
alastairprice
Ryan Hansford
RobtimusPrime
kallumnolan
georgelassoedthemoon
Carl0sAlbert0
Toot
Molly
Some Rioter
johng22
emma
mainscoe
bobmc
ManicsTheHedgehog
jonnyw
LaurenJade
suered
ElbowFreak
v5
fadeupyoursmile
Open arms
seamiedev
LeoP
Rowlapa1974
ChrissieInFL
Blind Io
Adderz
OllieCT
ScotsAl
lucky with disease
MagicalTrevor
baby.giraffe
My Bury Vest
Andy Fitrains
lensflare
ticky
danh
albutch
NeonChoir
Marco4
Jones
Mr Woman
mirrorball3
mrswoman
Audrey
56 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Audrey
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 10:06

Hi everyone ! I'm new here and as Nancy, I'm an Elbow fan since 'The Seldom Seen Kid'. When the 1st album has been out, I loved 'Red', but no more for the whole album. I didn't follow with the other albums until 2008 with 'The Seldom seen kid' : after 4 or 5 careful listening, the feeling has been strong and I discovered a great band and some beautiful songs. I bought the older albums then and 'Build a rocket boy' arrived... I love it ! Last thing : I'm from France where the band is not so famous unluckily (anyway, less famous than in England !)
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 10:18

Welcome to the board, Audrey!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Audrey
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 11:14

Thanks !
Back to top Go down
mirrorball3
newborn
newborn
mirrorball3

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2011, 19:25

Hello everyone. My name is Thomas. I'm 23. I'm a french fan, i come from Rennes. I discovered Elbow in 2009, with "The Seldom Seem Kid" (my favorite Elbow album). I am a U2 fan, and I was interested in Elbow when the band played during the U2 360° Tour in England.
I saw Elbow in concert for the first time last week, during the Main Square Festival in Arras. Great show !!!
Elbow is stranger in France, and since 2009, I try to make discover the group to my friends.

My favorites Elbow's records are The Seldom Seem Kid and Cast Of Thousands.

PS : sorry for my bad English Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2011, 21:30

Hello, mirrorball3/Thomas. Your English is better than my French, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
Audrey
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011, 06:51

Hi Thomas ! Great to hear from another French Elbow's fan ! Very Happy So you were in Arras 'Main square festival' too ! I guess that you enjoyed Elbow's performance ! It was my 1st Elbow's concert too. Let's hope to see them live again soon in France !
Back to top Go down
mirrorball3
newborn
newborn
mirrorball3

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011, 10:33

Thanks for the welcome Wink !!!

And Audrey, happy to see a french fan !!!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011, 20:37

Hey! Lovely to see some more french fans on here!
I travelled to Paris in 2009 to see the boys play in the Bataclan. It was an amazing gig!
Hope to get the opportunity again sometime soon...
You are very welcome here, this is a lovely forum! I love you
Back to top Go down
Marco4
newborn
newborn
Marco4

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jul 2011, 13:32

Howdy; I was going to reply on the 'how did you get into Elbow thread', but seeing as that's all in here, I'll go in here.

Marco. 29. Born in Huddersfield, looking out over them bleak moors, and living in Medway now.

First came across Elbow when they were tacked onto the end of a Christmas 7" Twisted Nerve put out in about 1997/98 time, when I had to go to Manchester to hunt for TN stuff, and enjoyed Baby Jesus, and a mate of mine had Asleep In The Back - he enjoyed it more than I did at the time. Always kept my eye on them, though, as I do with anyone out of the Twisted Nerve 'stable' (not strictly true, I know), and enjoyed Cast Of Thousands more. Have seen the profile go from strength to strength and, I think, the band improve with every album, so I'd rank them 'up there' now with my favourite bands, which would include the likes of doves, for reasons I'm sure are obvious.

Quite like the look of this place; hello to you all.
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011, 00:50

Welcome to Audrey, Thomas, and Marco! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
albutch
newborn
newborn
albutch

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeFri 05 Aug 2011, 02:30

Hello everybody,

I'm Alan and live in the far North of Scotland, brrr!

I've loved Elbow since 2004 but not managed to see them live yet... but that's going to change soon. I've booked tickets for me and the missus for the gig in one of my favourite European cities - Madrid! I'll do a little report if anyone might be interested, hope I'll be allowed to take pictures at the venue. The trip is to celebrate our wedding anniversary, its a bit early but the band probably wouldn't change the date to next January. Wink
Back to top Go down
danh
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeSat 06 Aug 2011, 20:24

Hello everyone
lovely to see how much interest there is in elbow !
fan since belatedly discovering "Cast Of Thousands".
First elbow gig at ... can't remember! glasto, brixton, islington ?

Anyway, I am dan, 42, from Jersey, an inveterate poster on powderblue and got to meet many fellow elbow fans at various events.
thanks for having me.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeSat 06 Aug 2011, 20:58

Welcome to the board danh! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
danh
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2011, 00:28

mrswoman wrote:
Welcome to the board danh! Smile

Thanks !
Coming home I feel like i designed these buildings i walk by
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2011, 03:30

Hi danh - welcome to the forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lensflare
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 09:51

Kia ora from NZ elbow folks! I was introduced to them when living in the UK about 10 years ago, saw them at a V festival and loved them ever since. I made the trip over to Melbourne to see them again a couple weeks back and was blown away again.. such a good gig and an amazing venue.
will post a link to a video shortly.. nice to find this forum!
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 11:11

Hi danh and 'kia ora' lensflare. Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Andy Fitrains
newborn
newborn
Andy Fitrains

Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 12:43

Hello Elbow people.
2002-vintage fan here, but finally got round to joining the forum, as I'm still in search of a recording of the magnificent Halle concert in Manchester in 2009.
Anyway - I'll find the relevant thread and post some more about that on there...
also - as soon as I can, I'll link to my elbow-footage on youtube.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 19:25

Welcome Andy lad, as you're aware, a top forum ! Assume yer a fellow Mancunian !
Back to top Go down
Andy Fitrains
newborn
newborn
Andy Fitrains

Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug 2011, 12:37

Yes indeed. Living in Th'Owdham now, but via Chorlton and Rusholme.

Like many of us Mancs, I'm a musician, and was lucky enough to rehearse and play at Blueprint in the summer of 2009, which brought me closer into their orbit. Lovely fellas, absolutely desrve every success that comes their way.

Great forum indeed, and have already had a very kind offer of help with my quest to track down the Halle recording. Thanks for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug 2011, 11:54

Hi Andy, nice to have you with us!
Back to top Go down
baby.giraffe
newborn
newborn
baby.giraffe

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 04:13

Hi everyone.

I've been a fan since the 1st album came out (I've just scared myself at how long that is!) but have only just thought of searching for a forum. Stupid I know. I'm pretty shy but I'm friendly and I'm going to try my best to get involved.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 11:28

Hello baby.giraffe and welcome to the forum!
No need to be shy, we're a friendly bunch! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 11:45

Hello to all new folks!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
baby.giraffe
newborn
newborn
baby.giraffe

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 22:39

Thanks Jones.

I'll try my best. It'll be great to have a place to "geek out" over Elbow Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next