elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

elbow North American Tour Dates

Go down 
+16
erasure
boy
Mariael311
hilaryg
emmaline5
MagicalTrevor
HansMoleman
AyannaD
allyngibson
shm5
errant
n0n0k0
ChrissieInFL
Jones
ukkonen
Kiresg
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HansMoleman
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-02-18

elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014, 22:25

Don't know if this is the best place to ask but does anyone know of a way to get a hold of someone who can take a request on behalf of the band. I know it's a long shot but I want to propose to my girlfriend at one of the North American shows. I am hoping that they could possibly play our song at the show.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Feb 2014, 00:22

HansMoleman wrote:
Don't know if this is the best place to ask but does anyone know of a way to get a hold of someone who can take a request on behalf of the band. I know it's a long shot but I want to propose to my girlfriend at one of the North American shows. I am hoping that they could possibly play our song at the show.

Check your PMs
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Feb 2014, 00:23

Looks like me and MrsMT are flying to Vancouver this year Smile
Back to top Go down
emmaline5
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Mar 2014, 00:13

Hello, wondering if anyone has or knows of any spares for the NY gig? Didn't think I'd be able to make any of these shows but I've sorted some things and now it is sold out.
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Apr 2014, 18:06

My ticket for the DC show arrived in the mail today!
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2014, 09:57

I'm going to be at the DC gig too, love the 9:30club.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2014, 17:11

Haven't had time to check in around here lately, but I had to come in and jump for joy today...Elbow's opening night gig of the US tour is Sunday night in D.C. and I can't wait!

*commence jumping for joy*

bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce 

Really excited for this show. All the video I've seen of the new stuff over the past month or two has been solid and I truly do expect a great performance. Hope to see some of you American east coast forumsters there!  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
emmaline5
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 May 2014, 02:17

Still wondering if anyone has a spare for sale to the NY gig?
Back to top Go down
Mariael311
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-05-11

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 May 2014, 03:47

New to the forum but long time fan.

I'll be at the show tomorrow, Philly and one way or another, i'll be in NYC!
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 May 2014, 12:22

The tour begins tonight in DC!

I'm leaving for DC in about an hour -- shave, shower, give my mom a Mother's Day call.

Perhaps I'll see some of you there!
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2014, 13:48

Last night, Elbow played DC.  And I got to meet Chrissie!

We were packed into the 9:30 Club like sardines.  Which was good, because there was a lot of energy for the show.

The band came on at 9:30 to a tape that was playing the second half of "The Blue World," sans words.  (The setlist calls this piece "slow moving water.")  And then they dove into the music.

The intro, "Slow Moving Water," was a taped piece to which the band entered. It's the final two and a half minutes of "This Blue World" from the new album, sans words, from the point where the texture change in the song occurs.

It was an interesting setlist:

5 songs from the new album, "The Take-Off and Landing of Everything." (Not counting the taped intro)
5 songs from "The Seldom Seen Kid"
3 songs from "Build a Rocket Boys!"
1 song from "Leaders of the Free World" -- "Great Expectations"
1 song from "Asleep in the Back" -- "Scattered Black and Whites," which someone from the crowd, Gareth from Dublin, shouted for and which Guy told him to wait and then asked him to introduce the song one song later.  They had a lovely conversation.

I also had a conversation with Guy, though I didn't expect it.  He turned to the backdrop early in the gig and said, "That's imposing, isn't it?"

I shouted back, "It's a Weeping Angel Baby!  Don't blink!"

I didn't expect Guy to hear this.  "A what?" he said.

"A Weeping Angel Baby!  Doctor Who!  Don't blink!"

"That's bobbins!"

Guy asked the audience to name the Weeping Angel Baby, and late in the show it was named "Loden," after Lois and Dennis of "New York Morning" who were in the audience at the show.

The gig had a few snafus.  Mark Potter's guitar didn't work during the first song, "Charge."  And it cut out during the first song of the encore, "The Birds."  (Thankfully, after the instrumental freakout.)  There was also a point where Craig appeared visibly upset by something.

I didn't catch the names of the violinists; they were both Americans, Guy said, they were new to Elbow, and they had practiced all day yesterday.

There was a good rapport between the band and the crowd.  The crowd was into the music, and the band really thrived on the energy.

Some scenes from last night's show at the 9:30 Club:

elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 10356729_10152406805125482_2712612648287224072_n

elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 10314609_10152406805205482_1387601046969973419_n

elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 10312475_10152406805455482_2721105378706449848_n

elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 10294266_10152406805440482_5199160683743541505_n

elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 10155372_10152406805475482_2631826381621015957_n

EDIT: Video of "Grounds for Divorce" from last night:

Back to top Go down
boy
little beast
little beast
boy

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-10-19

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2014, 20:30

Feels funny to hear Americans sing GFD - I love it!

Looks like an awesome gig, always wanted to go to a gig in a place like that. Atmosphere looks pretty pumping, but I wonder what Craig was upset by?

Glad you had a good time Smile
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2014, 15:34

WXPN, a public radio station in Philadelphia that specializes in indie music, posted an article today previewing tonight's Philly gig. A brief "intro to Elbow" article, basically.

XPN is an interesting station. I like listening to it, and I applied for a job there back in September. (Spoilers: I didn't get it.) They find interesting music and promote it well.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2014, 18:18

allyngibson wrote:
Last night, Elbow played DC.  And I got to meet Chrissie!

And I got to meet Allyn - finally! elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Waving10Nice to see you at last, dude!

The show was excellent, of course. The venue was great, definitely on the smallish side but it had a wonderful vibe and sound to it. As Allyn noted, there was a full house and the crowd was very into it, so that was fun.

The fun actually started for me as soon as the cab dropped me off in front of the club. As I got out, I noticed a car with New York license plates, reading "MEKONS" - and I immediately wondered if it belonged to Lois and Dennis, from the New York Morning video. I guess I watched that a few too many times, because I remembered seeing that plate on their car in the video! Sure enough, as Allyn mentioned, the royal couple of New York's music scene were in attendance, in a box over the left hand side of the stage. Very cool to see them jamming along with the band throughout the show, they were having a ball! I've said it before and I'll say it again - when I grow up, I wanna be Lois and Dennis. Smile

I was with my daughter, and I was very keen to see what she thought of the live Elbow experience. She loved it! She was also waving her arms and singing along to the songs she knew, and she really had fun. I was so happy to know she enjoyed it that much. The gig was on Mother's Day, so sharing that with my kid was a treat and a half.  I love you 

The band sounded great - there were some technical glitches, as Allyn detailed in his account - but the overall performance was top-notch. Two pre-TSSK tunes for the diehards to savor, Great Expectations (thank you baby Jesus!) and Scattered Black and Whites, which sounded as beautiful as I've ever heard it that night. I actually got a little teary on that one, which I never had done before, but it was an unexpected gift and it sounded so good.

New songs were wonderful, with Real Life and New York Morning sounding particularly gorgeous. My Sad Captains was perfect, lots of singing along from the crowd around me and a real sense that everyone there loved this band a lot. Of the selections from TSSK and BARB, Mirrorball and ...Tower Crane Driver were absolutely stunning, The Night Will Always Win was magical, The Birds was as kick-ass as usual, and of course everyone went nuts on Grounds For Divorce and One Day Like This. Just a fine show all around!

I could not be more pleased with that gig - it was as much fun as I'd hoped it would be, and the presence of my daughter made it even more special. Plus I got to meet and chat with Allyn and a few other lovely folks (including n0n0k0/Lori, another ERO member who got displaced when Elbow left Atlanta off this year's tour list). Wish I could see it all over again tonight!

Managed to get Mark's setlist and I am really grateful for it, as folks were trying to nab one as soon as the lights came up. My daughter thinks it's hers, but, ummmmm....no.  Razz Feast yer eyes, folks:

elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Dcsetl10
Back to top Go down
erasure
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 May 2014, 00:41

It has been years since I've been on this board. I've missed it!

I was at the Boston show last night and it was PHENOMENAL as always. I always come out of an elbow show flying high and addicted again and then listen to nothing for elbow for several weeks afterward because the show is never long enough.

I didn't grab a set list but the DC one looks like it's the same as what we heard. I was really happy to hear Great Expectations and Scattered Black and Whites; those are two of my favorite old ones. I missed elbow last time they were in town because I could not bring myself to spend $80 on tickets to see mostly Coldplay and too little elbow, so this is the first time I have seen and heard Mark's National Resolectric in person. That guitar is a BEAST. SO good!
Back to top Go down
n0n0k0
fallen angel
fallen angel
n0n0k0

Female Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 May 2014, 00:47

The DC show at the 9:30 Club was amazing!  We had the best time!!!  The band was exceptional as always, and I really enjoyed seeing Chrissie again and meeting her DD and meeting Allyn for the first time.  There were fans I chatted with from Pittsburgh and Detroit, too.  It was as thrilling as Christmas morning to hear GG say my name, even if "Blue" didn't get chosen for the Weeping Angel Baby (aka Loden)!
Back to top Go down
http://lastfm.com/user/n0n0k0
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 May 2014, 16:56

n0n0k0 wrote:
The DC show at the 9:30 Club was amazing!  We had the best time!!!  The band was exceptional as always, and I really enjoyed seeing Chrissie again and meeting her DD and meeting Allyn for the first time.  There were fans I chatted with from Pittsburgh and Detroit, too.  It was as thrilling as Christmas morning to hear GG say my name, even if "Blue" didn't get chosen for the Weeping Angel Baby (aka Loden)!

Well, Guy did put you on the spot with that question about the name, didn't he? Hard to think straight in that situation, although I did like Blue as well!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 May 2014, 19:38

While the band was in Philadelphia, they played an acoustic set for WXPN's Non-COMM 2014 conference.  The station has up photos and an audio stream of the half-hour gig.

Setlist:

This Blue World
Real Life (Angel)
The Blanket of Night
Scattered Black & Whites
My Sad Captains

XPN also has up a review of the Philadelphia show.
Back to top Go down
Kiresg
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May 2014, 22:51

My wife and I are off to see the boys in Chicago tonight. Super pumped!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May 2014, 18:40

Kiresg wrote:
My wife and I are off to see the boys in Chicago tonight. Super pumped!

.....soooooo? How was it??? I was curious about how the venue was. Never been to House of Blues up there. Hope you had fun - tell us all about it when you have the time! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
v5
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 May 2014, 07:55

hi everybody,

i think this is a longshot but i'm looking for 1 ticket to the Vancouver gig.
could anyone spare me one?

hope to hear from one of you!
i think we'll agree on the prize

v5
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 May 2014, 02:01

Here I am in Vancouver to see the band tonight...what are the chances of finding this?

https://imgur.com/7muIZM1
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 May 2014, 02:09

v5, you tried Stubhub?
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 May 2014, 10:04

Vancouver. One of the best nights of my life.

https://imgur.com/4AQVZTF
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 May 2014, 17:54

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Vancouver. One of the best nights of my life.

https://imgur.com/4AQVZTF

Well don't leave us hanging like that!

Full story?

More pictures?
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: elbow North American Tour Dates   elbow North American Tour Dates - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

elbow North American Tour Dates
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: