elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

US & Canada Tour Dates!!

Go down 
+24
heshofcheese
Mr Woman
My Bury Vest
ChrissyBoy
ticky
mrswoman
Jones
evilpixie
stars112200
Swizzle
hilaryg
citizen
ukkonen
ChrissieInFL
uiop60
TheNinja
bajesus
salparadise
LongLegs
Misspelt Yoof
AyannaD
allyngibson
MagicalTrevor
emma
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2011, 23:56

It's good to see so many go to the US shows. I hope everyone who wanted tickets were able to get them. I may end up with a spare to the Boston show because my friend may end up bailing because she doesn't know the band, and she hates going to standing gigs.
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 00:40

My ticket for the DC gig arrived this week. Three months! That's a bloody long time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011, 11:44

According to an e-mail I got this morning from the 9:30 Club, Glasser will be opening for Elbow in September.

Myspace has a couple of songs up. A really interesting sound.
Back to top Go down
Swizzle
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011, 09:09

Atlantis, Center Stage, booked the day the tix went on sale! I cannot wait!!!

L
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 14:44

Update: I may actually need to back out of seeing the Elboys in Atlanta, due to possible scheduling issues. Crying or Very sad We were planning to have my mum and dad come to stay with my daughter for a couple of days so Mr Chrissie and I could make the trip up for the show. But that might not happen now, as my folks have another event that they may have to attend that same week. Without them, the plan's sunk! So we'll see how it goes. If it doesn't happen I'll be most unhappy, to say the least, BUT I did get to see them twice already this year in grand fashion, so I really can't complain too much. Still, I'm hoping for the best! *crossingfingers*
Back to top Go down
stars112200
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 17:08

Personally i am dissapointed that I will not be able to catch them on this tour. I live in upstate NY and the only show that's reasonably close to me are toronto and ny, at 5 and 4 hours respectively. Unfortunately many, many, bands ignore this area and most believe that the only place in NY is the city. I would like to comment about them not wanting to tour stateside to spend time with their families. I understand that, i truly do, but their are alot of people in the states who won't get to see the band because this "tour" is only 6 or 7 dates and less than 2 weeks long. Unfortunately i believe that Elbow will lose alot of fans stateside unless they start touring a little more extensively. With that being said, hope everyone who can see them has a great time, and the new album is awesome!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 18:59

stars112200 wrote:
I would like to comment about them not wanting to tour stateside to spend time with their families. I understand that, i truly do, but their are alot of people in the states who won't get to see the band because this "tour" is only 6 or 7 dates and less than 2 weeks long. Unfortunately i believe that Elbow will lose alot of fans stateside unless they start touring a little more extensively.

Hi, and nice to see another US fan here! I share your frustration with the limited touring that Elbow do here in the States. I went for several years as a fan before I was able to see them in concert, and for me it's always required a trip out of state, because Florida is not somewhere they include when they're over here. I think they really could have made a much bigger dent in the US market if they had been to a few more places earlier on in their career, because seeing them live is a hell of an experience between their onstage sound and Guy's charisma, and I expect they'd have had far more converts through gigs than they did through album releases here.

At this point, though, I think there are a couple of factors keeping them to a short tour schedule in the US. One is, as you noted, their interest in staying close to their homes and families. The other is that I believe they've sort of given up on cracking America in a big way. I think they saw their biggest commercial success in the UK coming after they released The Seldom Seen Kid, and when that still didn't bother the charts over here, I reckon they might have felt it wasn't gonna happen for them here. And it's true that America, in general, doesn't seem to "get" Elbow, so I don't actually blame them for wanting to stay in the areas where they feel they've seen a good response on past tours. I wish that wasn't the case, but it seems to be that way. Neutral I hope you do get a chance to see them live sometime, it's definitely worth the effort to catch them if it's at all feasible for you to travel to somewhere they're playing.

Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 19:34

ChrissieInFL wrote:
The other is that I believe they've sort of given up on cracking America in a big way.
I think they could crack America, but I think that BARB! was almost consciously designed as an anti-America album. Smile

To crack America, I wish the band would do tracks for soundtracks. Given the love of Stephanie Meyer for Elbow (seriously, Elbow songs are on most of her Twilight playlists), I'm surprised that the band hasn't recorded a song for the soundtrack to one of the Twilight movies.

I e-mailed All Songs Considered yesterday. NPR this week broadcast Bon Iver's concert from the 9:30 Club in DC, where Elbow is playing next month, and I suggested that perhaps it might be possible for Elbow to get the same treatment. Smile Or, at the very least, maybe they could get Elbow in the NPR studios in DC for a Tiny Desk Concert podcast earlier in the day in the DC. (A Tiny Desk Concert is an interesting little program; bands come in, do a three-song gig in an office around a tiny desk, and that's put up as a podcast.)

What Elbow needs to crack America is exposure. I'm not sure that touring will do it. A soundtrack song or two might. Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 20:06

allyngibson wrote:
To crack America, I wish the band would do tracks for soundtracks. Given the love of Stephanie Meyer for Elbow (seriously, Elbow songs are on most of her Twilight playlists), I'm surprised that the band hasn't recorded a song for the soundtrack to one of the Twilight movies.

As repulsive as this concept is to me, I have to agree that such an appearance on a Twilight soundtrack couldn't hurt. I doubt the teenybop majority of the audience would end up getting too deep into most of the Elbow back catalogue as a result of this exposure, but it might give them a little more name recognition here if nothing else.

allyngibson wrote:
I e-mailed All Songs Considered yesterday. NPR this week broadcast Bon Iver's concert from the 9:30 Club in DC, where Elbow is playing next month, and I suggested that perhaps it might be possible for Elbow to get the same treatment. Smile Or, at the very least, maybe they could get Elbow in the NPR studios in DC for a Tiny Desk Concert podcast earlier in the day in the DC. (A Tiny Desk Concert is an interesting little program; bands come in, do a three-song gig in an office around a tiny desk, and that's put up as a podcast.)

Niiice! NPR does some great music so this would also be a sweet deal for them.

I really don't know what it would take for them to break big here, if they haven't yet. They have pushed themselves as an album band, and without that "big single" to catch people's ears here, I think they are at a major disadvantage. But then again, I don't think they're overly fussed about that fact, for some reason. If they're where they wanna be here, then good for them. But if they did still want to conquer the States, I am not sure what strategy would be the best one for them to use. They are a very acquired taste, even in the UK, where it took a while for the general public to catch on. I wish they were huge here, since I always felt they deserved to be the biggest band in the world anyway. Just don't know if too many other Americans agree with me, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
stars112200
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 21:05

ChrissieInFL wrote:
As repulsive as this concept is to me, I have to agree that such an appearance on a Twilight soundtrack couldn't hurt. I doubt the teenybop majority of the audience would end up getting too deep into most of the Elbow back catalogue as a result of this exposure, but it might give them a little more name recognition here if nothing else.
I agree that this is better than nothing, and unfortunately twilight would be a huge pull for them here in the states, most bands who are on those soundtracks have a bump in success. I think this is a good point, i'm not sure about everyone else but i saw 0 promotion for BARB, here in the states. I never saw them on shows, never saw reviews in magazines, rolling stone, billboard, ew, really any reviews. In fact for the first few months I couldn't find a single place that was selling the album, it was itunes or import only. Unfortunately you may be correct that they have given up on "cracking" the us, which unfortunately will lead to less touring then they do now.

ChrissieInFL wrote:
They are a very acquired taste, even in the UK, where it took a while for the general public to catch on. I wish they were huge here, since I always felt they deserved to be the biggest band in the world anyway. Just don't know if too many other Americans agree with me, unfortunately.

I agree with you, unfortuantely radio here does not embrace them, which is sad. Unfortunately this has been the case with the band Athlete also, a super talented band from the uk that never made it here, and probably never will.

I may go to the toronto show, i have to figure out if it's going to be feasible. Unfortunately it's a short two weeks after the national in philly (yay!) but I am seriously considering the five hour drive, mostly because i just don't know when they will be back.

allyngibson wrote:
...maybe they could get Elbow in the NPR studios in DC for a Tiny Desk Concert podcast earlier in the day in the DC. (A Tiny Desk Concert is an interesting little program; bands come in, do a three-song gig in an office around a tiny desk, and that's put up as a podcast.)

That would be awesome! Stars did one pretty recently, it was amazing!

Last edited by mrswoman on Thu 04 Aug 2011, 23:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tweak post layout for ease of reading.)
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 03:26

I read that the show in Boston is sold out. I'm uber excited about that. I hope that it's a good crowd filled with Elbow fans, and not just curious college kids looking for something to do on a Monday night at a local club. I can't wait for September 26th to arrive. Will anyone else be at the show?

ChrissieInFL, how is the sitaution with your US show? Will you and hubby be able to make it, or did you definitely have to cancel?
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 23:18

Anyone else going to the Austin City Limits Festival?
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 15:50

AyannaD wrote:
I read that the show in Boston is sold out. I'm uber excited about that. I hope that it's a good crowd filled with Elbow fans, and not just curious college kids looking for something to do on a Monday night at a local club. I can't wait for September 26th to arrive. Will anyone else be at the show?

ChrissieInFL, how is the sitaution with your US show? Will you and hubby be able to make it, or did you definitely have to cancel?

AyannaD, nice to hear that the Boston gig's a full house! I bet you're so excited - hope you have an awesome time (as if there's any other type of time you could have at an Elbow concert!)

And thanks for asking - I am 90% sure I'll be going to Atlanta; plane tickets and hotel room are bought already, but we may have a last-minute hassle which we would have to stay home for. I think I'll be there though, so here's hoping!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 16:02

Oh Chrissie! You've GOT to go!!!
Go Chrissie! Go Chrissie! Go Chrissie!!!!!!

US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Smiley-sport033
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 16:20

Jones wrote:
Oh Chrissie! You've GOT to go!!!
Go Chrissie! Go Chrissie! Go Chrissie!!!!!!

US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Smiley-sport033

Hee! Thanks for the encouragement Joanie - believe me, if there is ANY way I can be there, I will. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 00:10

Fingers crossed Chrissie! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 07:47

I'm sure you'll get there Chrissie - don't forget your sign! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 14:25

Thanks ladies! I love you I am waiting to hear from my folks which should happen by this Wednesday or so; if they're on board to watch the young'un, I'm home free for ATL! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 17:10

UPDATE - for those who want to know...I will be going to Atlanta show! My issues appear to be resolved, and I am STOKED, y'all! cheers
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 17:34

pleased to hear - have a great time Chrissie !
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 20:14

In Austin for the ACL. Elbow must be nearby and have brought some Manchester weather with them as the drought has now ended. Goodbye triple digit temperatures.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 21:41

ChrissieInFL wrote:
UPDATE - for those who want to know...I will be going to Atlanta show! My issues appear to be resolved, and I am STOKED, y'all! cheers

Fantastic Chrissie!
Great news!
Have a great time!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 21:43

evilpixie wrote:
In Austin for the ACL. Elbow must be nearby and have brought some Manchester weather with them as the drought has now ended. Goodbye triple digit temperatures.

Grrrr. Yes, we hate you all, Evil Pixie and we're bursting with jealousy! You deserve all the rain!

(Actually, sniff, Sad we all wish we could be there... Have a great time, you lucky divil!!! cheers )
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2011, 08:17

ChrissieInFL wrote:

Excellent news!!! We want full details afterwards please!!! sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 02:43

Thanks, ChrissyBoy, Jones & Ticky - and full details will be forthcoming, don't you worry about that! Very Happy Wish y'all were here to see it with me, I really and truly do. But at least Mr Chrissie will finally get to join me for once, so that'll be lovely. Oh my, less than 48 hours to go...CAN'T HARDLY WAIT!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US & Canada Tour Dates!!   US & Canada Tour Dates!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US & Canada Tour Dates!!
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next