elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which band/artist do you think you SHOULD like but in reality you don't?

Go down 
+24
Cozzer
Glendarian
Paulo Paulo
NeonChoir
LongLegs
Kim
elbowismymuse
leespoons
My Bury Vest
allyngibson
Hotblack
redliz2
Lynne
Mr Woman
oneofthethree
lucky with disease
ChrissieInFL
newborn
fadeupyoursmile
mrswoman
al
MagicalTrevor
bluejayway
ticky
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Which band/artist do you think you SHOULD like but in reality you don't? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which band/artist do you think you SHOULD like but in reality you don't?   Which band/artist do you think you SHOULD like but in reality you don't? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2012, 18:43

OK, I know a lot of y'all probably love her, so pardon my ignorance and all that. But, Lana Del Rey. Do. Not. Get.

She has a nice voice, but nothing that blows me away. I might've been more impressed if I hadn't lived through Fiona Apple 10 years ago already (attractive white girl, pouty lips, sultry voice, slightly enigmatic/dramatic/mildly unbalanced persona - been there, done that). And for my money, Fiona Apple's got the better set of pipes. What am I missing, folks?
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Which band/artist do you think you SHOULD like but in reality you don't? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which band/artist do you think you SHOULD like but in reality you don't?   Which band/artist do you think you SHOULD like but in reality you don't? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Mar 2012, 00:10

^ I can understand why you wouldn't. Sometimes her album can sound a bit samesy. I still enjoy her, though. At any rate, I might have to take some time to look into Fiona Apple. I've heard great things about her.
Back to top Go down

Which band/artist do you think you SHOULD like but in reality you don't?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5