elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met

Go down 
+10
Glendarian
Hotblack
JulieinTX
ChrissieInFL
russycarps
demonocracy
heathster
Dabamash
MagicalTrevor
Jonny
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891
Registration date : 2008-04-01

WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Empty
PostSubject: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeMon 07 Apr 2008, 08:28

I have a terrible headache

But last night was fantastic! Two Gallants were very passionate, and the wait for Elbow was short - then out they come, armed with trumpets Very Happy My mind was suitably blown by an opening of Starlings -> The Bones of You -> Great Expectations Shocked It was fantastic.

They also played The Lonliness of a Tower Crane Driver which was soulful; Newborn of course, the ending was powerful as ever!; The Fix, and Richard Hawley was there! fantastic!; Red, "an oldie but a goldie" Guy said Smile; Grounds for Divorce, Guy seemed amazed that everyone knew the words!; Mirrorball which didn't disappoint, all the feeling of the original and more; The Stops, which was a wonderful suprise; Leaders of the Free World and Forget Myself which were great singalongs Smile

They ended the first set with One Day Like This, and it was just what you'd imagine, a mass singalong as Guy conducts - and the elevated string section they had really got to shine! They ended once and for all with Grace Under Pressure, so yet more mass singalong! My lungs were gasping for air Laughing

So yes. Elbow were amazing. As was the crowd and general atmosphere! It was perfect. cheers
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeMon 07 Apr 2008, 09:27

Wow...that's excellent, thanks very much for posting this...can't wait for Sunday at Manchester now!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeMon 07 Apr 2008, 15:21

excellent!
Back to top Go down
heathster
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Leeds Met...Oh Yes!   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeMon 07 Apr 2008, 21:37

I was there last night, blummin' awesome! It's the first time I've seen them live, and I just wasn't prepared for that, I want to go and see them again! I played Seldom Seen Kid tonight, but felt disappointment that several kilowatts of lighting didn't come on when Grounds For Divorce got going. The fact they got a string section in impressed me, as it's so easy to just do that on a keyboard, they were fantastic and really added to the show.

Another thing that made the gig was the brilliant sound, like the biggest best hi-fi in the world, something that couldn't be said when I used to see bands at that venue many years ago.

I could go on, as I am in awe of last nights' performance, but the bloke in the audience summed it up - "We f**king love you"
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 09:30

I'd seen them before on the last tour, in London. that was amazing too... but I think this one just about topped it! mainly due to that 3 song opener... wow

ooh and I forgot to say in my first post, they started the encore with Station Approach! that was great fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 09:36

I edited the title so as to warn anyone who likes suprises Wink

So far then the set list is:

Starlings
The Bones of You
Great Expectations
The Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver
Newborn
The Fix
Red
Grounds For Divorce
The Stops
Leaders of the Free World
Forget Myself

Encore:
Station Approach
One Day Like This
Grace Under Pressure

Sound about right?

Last edited by MagicalTrevor on Tue 08 Apr 2008, 10:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
demonocracy
fallen angel
fallen angel
demonocracy

Female Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 09:52

Wow, that sounds incredible. Richard Hawley joining them for The Fix would've been amazing to see, and it's fantastic that they went all out with getting the strings/horns in as well. I'm glad you had an amazing time!
Back to top Go down
http://lippykid.tumblr.com
russycarps
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 13:42

MagicalTrevor wrote:

Starlings
The Bones of You
Great Expectations
Newborn
The Fix
Red
Grounds For Divorce
The Stops
Forget Myself

Encore:
Station Approach
One Day Like This
Grace Under Pressure

Sound about right?

Great set list!

I would have hoped for one or two more songs though.....
No Power Blue? I am surprised.
I hope and pray they play Some Riot in London (or at Glastonbury). Love love LOVE that song!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 15:50

some riot is gr8. I also think One day like this is excellent.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 18:04

Hello all -- first post here but am glad to find this forum! I'm the only Elbow fan I know here in South Florida and I was beginning to feel kinda isolated! So glad to see this set list; I have tix for the Chicago show and it will be my 1st time seeing Elbow live. Looks like I have some great tunes to look forward to....CAN'T WAIT!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
russycarps
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 18:33

Im new too chrissie Smile Hi!

do Elbow get much exposure in the states Chrissie? How long have you been a fan?

Hope you enjoy the show!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 18:42

Howdy there! Nice to meet ya! Very Happy

Elbow are so, SO pitifully underappreciated here in the US. In the bigger markets (NY, LA, etc.) they have a bit more of a presence, but I'm in the southeast and I don't know ANYONE who knows their music. Sadness!!! They never tourtoo extensively here, which is why I never have seen them in concert. But they are playing Chicago the night before my birthday, so I am treating myself to a trip just to see them.

I've loved them since Asleep in the Back. I read Q magazine and I remember how enthusiastic their review was, so I bought it and have been a big fan ever since. Newborn and Scattered Black and Whites, in particular, just blew me away. It just showed me how well they could master the intense stuff as well as the more gentle material.

Thanks for the warm welcome russycarps...sure I'll be seeing you around!
Back to top Go down
russycarps
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 18:51

ahhh well if it makes you feel any better they are criminally underrated in the UK too!

People seem to go crazy for Coldplay, snow patrol and the like, but noone seems to have heard of Elbow!

I just cant understand it!

Perhaps this will be their breakthrough album on thier way to world domination. But part of me likes the fact that they are relatively unknown...it makes them like OUR secret band, you know? I bet the band themselves dont share that sentiment though!!

wow chicago is a long way to go - I admire your dedication!

And yup, I am sure we will chat some more soon cheers
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 19:04

Hey, don't stop now, you two are gettin along. Anyway, welcome chrissie (and russycarps). I personally thought Elbow would take off in the UK after being on Jonathan Ross, but it seems only a select few appreciate what Elbow has to offer. Good to see America in on the action Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 21:52

Thanks and hi back atcha, dabamash! Very Happy

Glad to represent the States, but I wish there were a lot more like me over here. We don't see Elbow on the telly or hear them too much on broadcast radio over here, although if you have satellite radio (which I do, thank God) you can find them every once in a while. But it's always Forget Myself, since that's the only tune that ever made any noise here.

But as for the tour...this is my first, and possibly only, chance to see them so if they do the songs that were posted on the set list I'd be quite happy. But since we won't be getting the pleasure of Mr. Hawley's company (probably not, anyway), maybe they could take out The Fix and throw in another "oldie"...Switching Off would do nicely, as would Powder Blue. And if they want to focus on the new material, Weather To Fly would be just loverly.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 22:01

to be honest, you don't see Elbow much on tv or radio in the UK, but, we are lucky now and again....
Back to top Go down
JulieinTX
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeTue 08 Apr 2008, 23:55

Hi everyone, my first post here...I don't mean to hijack this thread by simply saying Hello, but I don't see one dedicated to Newborns introducing ourselves (suggestion, maybe...?).
ChrissieinFL, I am so desperately envious of you for going to the Chicago show! The setlist looks absolutely wonderful...I'm in Dallas, and though it isn't all that far (not nearly as far as you're travelling), money and time simply won't allow. Sad But rest assured, you are not the only Elbow fan here stateside. The only other ones in my area that I know of are the friends I have turned on to Elbow, but we're here!
All of you that get to go see them - think of we that cannot, and report back, please!
Lovely meeting you all...
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 00:33

Hi Julie! Happy there's another Yank in the house! Very Happy I have not yet managed to get any of my friends to get into Elbow. But then, I live in a place where the big sounds are reggaeton, rap and mainstream rock/pop, so it's a tough sell 'round here. I'm still tryin' though!

I do realize I'm extremely lucky to get a chance to see Elbow on this tour, even though it's gonna be an investment to make it happen. Believe me, I am not one to travel out of state for a concert...but I have 4 artists on my "Must See Before I Die" list and Elbow happen to be on the list (Bjork/Blue Nile/Tom Waits, in case you're wondering about the other 3). I will be blowing my financial wad on this trip and will be missing a bunch of other shows this year which I may have gone to otherwise, but to me just seeing this one will be worth it.
Back to top Go down
JulieinTX
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 02:18

Hi! I completely understand...being in a place where country music is as common as water (BLECCH for the most part, though there are a few I love), it's difficult to find kindred souls.
I have travelled out of state twice to see bands. Once to Tulsa, OK to see Rufus Wainwright, and once to New Orleans to see R.E.M. Both were well worth the trip, and again, I'd LOVE to be able to visit Chicago and see Elbow there! Pleasepleaseplease come back with a full report!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 06:15

JulieinTX wrote:
Hi everyone, my first post here...I don't mean to hijack this thread by simply saying Hello, but I don't see one dedicated to Newborns introducing ourselves (suggestion, maybe...?).

Great idea..I'll edit the title of the "Welcome" sticky, as that looks like a good place to introduce everyone.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 09:04

MagicalTrevor wrote:

Starlings
The Bones of You
Great Expectations
Newborn
The Fix
Red
Grounds For Divorce
The Stops
Forget Myself

Encore:
Station Approach
One Day Like This
Grace Under Pressure

Sound about right?

Different set list and no Mr Hawley at Oxford last night. It ran something like

Starlings
Bones for You
Great Expectations
Mirrorball
Red
Grounds for Divorce
Forget Myself
Tower Crane Driver
Newborn
Fugitive Motel
Imagined Affair
One Day Like This

Encore:
Station Approach
Grace Under Pressure

That's roughly right, unless there's anyone here who can corrct it. Belting gig anyway. Better than the last time I saw them ans that was a stonker too.Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
russycarps
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 09:22

gutted they dont seem to be playing some riot!!
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 09:32

I wanted to hear Weather To Fly Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
russycarps
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 09:38

heh I guess that's the thing with us fans...we're never gonna be completely satisfied!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitimeWed 09 Apr 2008, 10:28

Too right! I wish they would do a 3 hour set. Might get to hear everything I want to then. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met   WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER !  - Live at Leeds Met Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WARNING - SET LIST SPOILER ! - Live at Leeds Met
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next