elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reading & Leeds Festival

Go down 
+14
Jones
Icen
Project571
ticky
aob!
AyannaD
lordlee
Space_dementia
HattyMarris
sparky
jsweeting
My Bury Vest
Kim
Misspelt Yoof
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Reading & Leeds Festival Empty
PostSubject: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 14:57

elbow will be playing before headliners Muse on the Main Stage on Fri 26th August in Leeds and Sunday 28th August in Reading.

Well, that's what the announcement tonight will tell you anyway!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 16:27

*asplode*
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 16:56

My word - that's gonna please a lot of fans on this forum !
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 17:00

I'm literally so excited I could poop myself right now. It'll be the first time I've seen Muse and Elbow together since 2003!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 17:01

If it helps at all, the rest of the line up is pretty weak (at best.)
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 17:11

Nope, not much of a help, haha.

...That is, of course, assuming the leak is genuine... guess we'll find out soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
jsweeting
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 17:15

I think the leak is pretty genuine. If so, my friday at Leeds will be amazing!
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 17:32

Think it's genuine. My son told me this morning and he seems to be in the know.
He also told me I'm way too old for Leeds / Reading Sad

We've been to Doves, Elbow, The Acorn, British Sea Power, Arcade Fire, Jesca Hoop etc together and he is usually spot on with the "it will be OK for you dad ometer" so I'll respect his judgement

Still....a dagger to the heart though!.....Des O'Connor 2nd July, Tivoli Theatre, Wimborne......Meetup anyone?

Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 19:02

MY PALMS ARE SWEATING

This is about the usual level of stress I get for trying to get Muse tickets. >_<
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 19:09

Can't believe i'm not going to Leeds this year, I went last year and i thought the line up was pretty poor.

But this year, Elbow, The National, The Strokes, Muse, Seasick Steve! It's gonna be brilliant Sad
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 19:12

Can't you still go, HattyMarris?
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 19:24

Tickets booked for both days, squeeee!! Very Happy bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 19:24

no i can't afford it this year Sad

and i'm trying to save up as i'm off to university in this year
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 19:34

You could ask for an early birthday/christmas pressie... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 20:29

I might try and get a ticket just for the friday, so i can see elbow, muse, interpol & frank turner

Yet to see muse or interpol live yet, and i should be able to get a day ticket no problem
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 21:59

Last edited by Toasted Toast on Mon 19 Jul 2021, 00:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011, 23:35

It's gonna be pretty special. Very Happy Can't believe our luck in getting them both on the same nights!
Back to top Go down
Space_dementia
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011, 10:48

Im over the moon they are there, the Sunday is pretty much the best day for me, Freindly Fires, Interpol, Elbow, then the allmighty Muse...all in a row, great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Muse.Manic
lordlee
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 11:15

um... am i the only one who is a bit worried by this? last time i went to reading it was packed with fickle, hostile, 17 year olds hurling abuse and bottles at bands that weren't hardcore (rock) enough. don't get me wrong... i'm not stereotyping. i love the fact they are playing and used to love reading and leeds. but my love of the band stirs an amount of concern for the more um... quiet numbers.

i worry too much.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 14:35

I've heard Reading is quite a 'young' crowd. I am a festival virgin in fact so have nothing to compare it to, but Elbow are masters at winning people over and their anthemic numbers are built for festivals. Somehow I don't think they'll have any problems. Smile
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 15:06

lordlee wrote:
um... am i the only one who is a bit worried by this? last time i went to reading it was packed with fickle, hostile, 17 year olds hurling abuse and bottles at bands that weren't hardcore (rock) enough. don't get me wrong... i'm not stereotyping. i love the fact they are playing and used to love reading and leeds. but my love of the band stirs an amount of concern for the more um... quiet numbers.

i worry too much.
For exactly this reason I've not been back to Reading since 2004. I felt by the age of 21, I'd out grown the festival. Even elbow wouldn't get me back there again.
Back to top Go down
Space_dementia
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 15:13

Its defiantly got a vast amount of kids, but theres loads of adults and 21 and beyounders there Laughing

Im 22 and hoping to spend many more years at the Reading Festival, I do plan on going to Glastonbury eventually, though I had no chance of getting the tickets for this years.

Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 15:18

Space_dementia wrote:
Its defiantly got a vast amount of kids, but theres loads of adults and 21 and beyounders there Laughing

Im 22 and hoping to spend many more years at the Reading Festival, I do plan on going to Glastonbury eventually, though I had no chance of getting the tickets for this years.

My last year at Reading coincided with my first at Glastonbury. Maybe that was the problem!
Back to top Go down
Space_dementia
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011, 15:26

Misspelt Yoof wrote:
Space_dementia wrote:

My last year at Reading coincided with my first at Glastonbury. Maybe that was the problem!

I would have loved to have gone to last years Glasotonbury, I watched Muse on the TV and felt so jealous of everyone else there watching them, was such a great performance.

My biggest gripe with Reading last year was there way too many kids just messing about, obiviously they are there because they parents paid for them to go and not really appirciate the music. Otherwise, Ive loved the last two years.

Maybe this years line up with attract a more mature audience, as alot of said its more of a 'grown up' set list...though I cant see how anyone can place music or a band into an age catagorie, I love Elbow, but then I also love MCR...
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 01:31

Kim wrote:
Tickets booked for both days, squeeee!! Very Happy bounce bounce

Congrats!!! Yet another time when I wish I still lived in the UK. Elbow and Muse on the same bill would be the total win win situation for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading & Leeds Festival
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next