elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEW ARENA SHOWS

Go down 
+36
Bright Grey
djvh
Gotterdammerung
Minerva69
kallumnolan
Adderz
boy
Dave K
Lesley Gilks
Audrey
elbowismymuse
hilaryg
JK
Jones
Lynne
TinTin
Carl0sAlbert0
johng22
mainscoe
natalia
suered
emma
fragrant_monkey
mitchy
OllieCT
Dovesmad
ElbowFreak
Kim
ChrissieInFL
Molly
ChrissyBoy
mrswoman
My Bury Vest
Lillybef
ticky
errant
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2012, 21:05

Ah, so glad I can make it now: gasping for something old/new/different! Yay!
And seeing everybody again... can't wait!
NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Heart-beat
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Aug 2012, 09:42

Ace news Joanie! Sad I'll miss all you guys at the Manchester gig. There is always something extra special about seeing them at home. Smile
Back to top Go down
JK
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Aug 2012, 18:37

Lets hope they announce a few warm up gigs like last time...
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Aug 2012, 19:27

A nice thought but I reckon it's unlikely. The previous warm-up gigs have been after a period of absence eg. writing the next album. At the moment they're not particularly out of practice. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Aug 2012, 12:11

Now that may change things reading that they will be looking to play some songs from their back catalogue. May look into tickets at Birmingham. Whoop!! I'm sure if they are all sold they will have another sale nearer the time, will keep my eyes peeled! Very Happy

Just had a nosey, Nottingham and Birmingham standing still availalble, O2 not. Uuuummmmm can't really say no can I!
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2012, 22:38

Excited old songs on the cards!sad I can only do London cos of work and my lippy kids but one better than none.hard to choose what i'd love to hear,anything frm asleep in the back but powder blue would b heaven....and mcgreggor and snowball pleeeeze
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 00:15

Can't justify a flight home so close to Christmas. Sad

Haven't been to a gig since I moved to the USA so in deep withdrawal. I could even tolerate newborn live again if that was the price for a bit of live music. Wink
Back to top Go down
Carl0sAlbert0
fallen angel
fallen angel
Carl0sAlbert0

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 23:43

Hopefully got 2 standing tickets for the MEN gig sorted! Fingers crossed! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 18:58

Nice one Carlos. Smile I'm now feeling the pull of MEN again aswell as London, since they'll be mixing the setlist up more... hmmm.

Hilary - didn't know you were a Newborn-hater!
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 19:21

I'm not a hater, more like I.Don't.Get.It.

When it was on the set list, the crew would bring out The Stool and the crowd round me would go into raptures for the next 6 minutes, whereas I was "meh" and "I wonder what the queue to get out of the car park will be like".

It's the only live elbow song I've got that reaction to, so as far as I'm concerned it's a waste of a set list slot that could be filled by any other song of theirs. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 20:10

Or two. Smile I don't reckon it'll make it back on the setlist this time around. It's too long, when they've already got several long songs on there that almost definitely aren't going to be cut out.

Bah, hope you make it over for a gig eventually, would be ace to see you again. x
Back to top Go down
Carl0sAlbert0
fallen angel
fallen angel
Carl0sAlbert0

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug 2012, 14:50

Yep, we weren't too fussed about going as we've seen them 3 times over the last year, but when I heard it would be a mix of older songs with some new ones, well, we just had to then!!
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2012, 15:38

Two tickets to Birmingham in November, very excited!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
elbowismymuse
little beast
little beast
elbowismymuse

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 14:20

I also don't really get "Newborn" although I think it is the album version that fazes me a little. I have heard a couple of live versions which are a lot better, IMO.....not enough to make me feel it's one of their strong songs, but somewhat more musically satisfying for me than the album version.

I hope they play Scattered Black and Whites, Fugitive Motel, Switching Off. The more sombre songs are difficult to play at big gigs with too high a frequency, so I think they will probably opt for the more upbeat numbers (Forget Myself, perhaps? Or Fallen Angel?) as it suits that atmosphere. I know and they know that the slow songs work....Great Expectations and Lippy Kids were amazing, live, but they need these kinds of songs peppered between the livelier stuff at arena shows as not only is it more apt for the setting, but it makes the slower numbers all the more effective and poignant as a result.

I think much of it will remain as last time though.....I can't see them removing The Birds from the front of the playlist as it is a blatant intro and I can't see One Day Like This being chopped off the end, either.
Back to top Go down
Carl0sAlbert0
fallen angel
fallen angel
Carl0sAlbert0

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 17:08

They opened with High Ideals at Jodrell Bank. The Birds was towards the end. I love The Birds as an opener though. One of my favourites of theirs.
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 10:27

elbowismymuse wrote:
I also don't really get "Newborn" although I think it is the album version that fazes me a little. I have heard a couple of live versions which are a lot better, IMO.....not enough to make me feel it's one of their strong songs, but somewhat more musically satisfying for me than the album version.

Heresy! lol... no each to their own... newborn means something special to me... they'd never not played it at any of the previous gigs so when they dropped it last time round i was doubly gutted... i could well imagine the band where releaved that they didnt have to play it, having probably played it a million times!

has guy picked the guitar up since the beginning of last year? it was noticable they dropped every old song he played on...

elbowismymuse wrote:
I think much of it will remain as last time though.....I can't see them removing The Birds from the front of the playlist as it is a blatant intro and I can't see One Day Like This being chopped off the end, either.

sadly, they can't "not" play one day now... ever... nor should they... although id prefer grace under... hehe bounce
Back to top Go down
TinTin
friend of ours
friend of ours
TinTin

Female Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2012, 17:51

I personally love newborn and would LOVE to hear it live. I would love to hear grace under pressure live. Really enjoyed scattered black and whites(minus fireworks). It's great to hear more rocky tracks between the softer ones. Having said that they can do no wrong in my eyes Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 19:08

Another date added at Wembley Arena on 27 November, pop pickers.
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2012, 23:07

Hello darlings,anyone going to nottingham?i got surprise tickets for my birthday so will be happy to say hi and have beers with elbow family x
Back to top Go down
Audrey
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 07:51

How lucky you are in the UK... ! I'd like to have several dates in France too... ! No
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2012, 08:15

Well, got a seated ticket for Wembley Arena. Think it might be my first ever time sitting at an Elbow gig, excluding the ones that had no standing whatsoever. But, thought it would be sensible given that I'm starting a new job soon and could never guarantee I could get away early enough on a weekday!

Audrey - save up for an Elbow holiday? Smile

Mitchy - so glad you did, what a wonderful birthday present! Very Happy I'm sticking to the London shows this time around sadly.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Sep 2012, 06:24

Hmmm - I may have to rethink the Manchester gig. Hotels are really expensive at this time(too old for hostels - I snore) and the train will be about £60 return. As it's a few weeks before Christmas and my quietest work period of the year...... Suspect
POO
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 12:17

Bit of an update, courtesy of a BBC 6Music News interview aired on RadMac yesterday:

RadMac 1/10/12
Scroll to 2:18:05 for a listen.

The upshot is, the support for the 5 UK shows is 'Here We Go Magic'. No, me neither.
http://www.myspace.com/herewegomagic

Plus, the elboys will be going on a 'gap year' off once the arena gigs are out of the way. So yup, that means the new album will be on hold for a while...
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Oct 2012, 06:40

I'm going to Nottingham and Birmingham...can't wait!
Back to top Go down
TinTin
friend of ours
friend of ours
TinTin

Female Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Oct 2012, 18:59

Does anyone know when tickets are released . I haven't heard anything since booking . My daughter ordered them and we can't remember which ticket site, it was on the pre sale date.(l'm not panicking ,
Really l'm not )confused:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ARENA SHOWS
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next