elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEW ARENA SHOWS

Go down 
+36
Bright Grey
djvh
Gotterdammerung
Minerva69
kallumnolan
Adderz
boy
Dave K
Lesley Gilks
Audrey
elbowismymuse
hilaryg
JK
Jones
Lynne
TinTin
Carl0sAlbert0
johng22
mainscoe
natalia
suered
emma
fragrant_monkey
mitchy
OllieCT
Dovesmad
ElbowFreak
Kim
ChrissieInFL
Molly
ChrissyBoy
mrswoman
My Bury Vest
Lillybef
ticky
errant
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 08:45

Kim wrote:
ION, got my London ticket. 09:32 at the moment, Manchester standing has sold out but looks like tickets are still available for all the rest. Smile
I thought that too Kim, but seems if you refresh the screen, they are still occasionally coming back up for sale. So keep trying Manc people...
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 09:58

Mrswoman - Right you are, hope people had better luck than my perusals. Did you go for any tickets?

Fragrant_monkey - See you at the O2! Glad Latitude was a hit. Smile
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 10:02

i don't want to revisit my posts around the original barb tour - this is a different time...

18 months (ish) on and i have come to the opinion that the life of a band is a journey, sometimes people stay onboard for long periods, but may get off, then get back on... some of the scenery you'll like, some you won't... but if the scenerey didnt change it would all get a bit boring...

i've rationed my gigs in recent years, getting married & having kids does that... i recall going to far too many of their gigs when they toured leaders & recall the liverpool academey gig being too predicatable (i knew the set list off by heart, i knew what guy's banter would be before he said it) that i didnt quite enjoy it as much. so its nothing new - if anything its a nice problem to have, they must play too many live gigs in the uk!!! :-D

there's a good chance they'll play new & old stuff this time round, they played mexican standoff & george lassos the moon (iirc) at the shepherds bush empire gig when they wrapped the promo to cast of 1000s...

who knows where they'll go next... barb wasnt me, but then i don't think it was meant for me... they're not daft lads though, i hope i like where they go though...
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 10:23

I think there's been some great points on some of the other posts above, for sure.......

Errant touched on a good one - 'staying onboard - jumping off, then getting back on' etc - I like that....I think that's where I am at the moment - I've alighted The Good Ship Elbow, but watching intently for any sea changes.

The band mean far too much to me to absolve all interest, TSSK is still my all time fave LP by anyone.

I won't go over old ground of setlist's, save to say that I'm jaded by it and fear it'll be 'more of the same' pre Christmas and i aint willing to spend £40 on a ticket - even if that's only a 20 minute tram journey away.

OllieCT made a top point re Guy - his amazing stage charisma is threatening to turn into some bad stand up inbetween songs ; 'drunk on power', I think may have been his very own phrase, if memory serves. Tone it down and play 'Fugitive Motel'. Forget the 'round of shots' and play 'Lucky With Disease'.

Dovesmad - cracking post, I can empathise with a lot of your points.

I hope for the loyal fans that have followed them, that the Arena shows make me wish I'd bought a ticket - I REALLY do !
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 13:22

Just bought a ticket for the London show! There's a small chance I might not be in London by then, but I'm hoping for the best Smile . And hopefully I'll see some of you there! (though I get the impression this is a pretty big venue...)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel
suered

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 17:53

I've got a ticket for Liverpool! Then thought perhaps I should do Manchester as well, and it's sold out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 18:21

Last edited by Toasted Toast on Mon 19 Jul 2021, 01:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
natalia
fallen angel
fallen angel
natalia

Female Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 18:30

I got some seating tickets for the O2. After arriving home and talking to my SO, he convinced me to try and go for standing tickets, and lo and behold, they were still available!

I was in two minds about going this time, since I fear the setlist will be similar to the one at Jodrell Bank. On the other hand, they might try some new songs (I wonder if the new album is taking shape?), and I would blame myself for the rest of my life. Also, this will probably be my last chance to see them in a long while, since I am moving out of the UK next January back to Brazil.
Back to top Go down
http://dyingdays.net
mainscoe
fallen angel
fallen angel
mainscoe

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-01-25

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012, 18:02

My Bury Vest wrote:
I think there's been some great points on some of the other posts above, for sure.......

Errant touched on a good one - 'staying onboard - jumping off, then getting back on' etc - I like that....I think that's where I am at the moment - I've alighted The Good Ship Elbow, but watching intently for any sea changes.

The band mean far too much to me to absolve all interest, TSSK is still my all time fave LP by anyone.

I won't go over old ground of setlist's, save to say that I'm jaded by it and fear it'll be 'more of the same' pre Christmas and i aint willing to spend £40 on a ticket - even if that's only a 20 minute tram journey away.

OllieCT made a top point re Guy - his amazing stage charisma is threatening to turn into some bad stand up inbetween songs ; 'drunk on power', I think may have been his very own phrase, if memory serves. Tone it down and play 'Fugitive Motel'. Forget the 'round of shots' and play 'Lucky With Disease'.

Dovesmad - cracking post, I can empathise with a lot of your points.

I hope for the loyal fans that have followed them, that the Arena shows make me wish I'd bought a ticket - I REALLY do !
Agreed with 'Fugitive Motel' (just been listening to a radio show from the US circa 2009 - lovely; oh and you may as well add 'Forget Myself' if Guy's taking a leaf from the Dylan handbook and not speaking to the audience :-)
Couldn't resist buying a ticket though - will give you a thought as the tram passes Whitefield............... ;-)
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012, 10:19

Was just having another peek at the pre-sale tickets out of interest to see what was left, and noticed that an "ELBOW SIGNED SOUVENIR BOOK" is now available for £18...first I'd heard of it. Wonder if this is a different souvenir book to the double-sided BARB/TSSK one?

EDIT: On that note, apparently it can only be posted to the UK so if any of our overseas friends would like one then I'm happy to grab a copy and send it off. Give me a shout via PM if interested.

Emma and Ali, hope to see you guys again at the London gig, and Natalia, if you fancy saying hello, look for a short brunette with a Muse bag in the front left! Smile
Back to top Go down
johng22
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-11

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2012, 08:28

Booked for the O2 - my first time seeing the band live, something I've come very close to a number of times of the last few years, and now it's finally confirmed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2012, 08:47

johng22 wrote:
Booked for the O2 - my first time seeing the band live, something I've come very close to a number of times of the last few years, and now it's finally confirmed Very Happy

Enjoy the gig mate - what the band do so fabulous is make big arena's feel fairly intimate.

I hope it'll be the first of many for yer ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OllieCT
fallen angel
fallen angel
OllieCT

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-08-08

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2012, 09:19

The signed souvenir book is the same as the one sold on the last one according to See Tickets, the TSSK/BARB artwork one...

Quote :
Elbow Signed Souvenir Book

A beautiful limited edition 60 page book featuring a conversation between Guy
and artist Oliver East discussing the meaning behind all the paintings for
every song on 'The Seldom Seen Kid' and 'build a rocket boys!'. Includes
exclusive new artwork from Ollie. A real collectors item and signed by the
band.

Please be aware that the book is only availble for delivery in the UK.

If you have any queries relating to the delivery of your purchased book please

elbow@officialmerchshop.com

Books are only to be bought with a concert ticket. We reserve the right to
cancel any book orders by customers that do not have a ticket booking with us.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2012, 09:55

Ah thanks Ollie. Interesting as GigsandTours doesn't have that description that I can see, and also seems to allow buying the book on its own without a ticket.

Nice that they are offering them signed by the band this time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carl0sAlbert0
fallen angel
fallen angel
Carl0sAlbert0

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2012, 10:55

Torn on this one! My GF and I have just moved to Manchester, so it would be nice to be able to go out for the Saturday night afterwards safe in the knowledge we don't need to book a hotel or taxi home, but I am jobless at the moment so spending nigh on £80 is a bit rich, especially considering it will probably be the bulk of the set we saw them play last year at the MEN, in Brussels and Jodrell Bank.

Think we are going to wait until closer to the time and maybe pick up some resales if money allows. I'd love to see them do a retrospective tour, maybe one were the fans choose their setlist.
Back to top Go down
natalia
fallen angel
fallen angel
natalia

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012, 07:04

Hi, Kim! I will try to spot you! I will probably bring my Shakespeare and Co bag.

How I wish they would end the set with Grace Under Pressure! Or that they would play any Cast of Thousands song at all, I have never listened to any one live. Smile
Back to top Go down
TinTin
friend of ours
friend of ours
TinTin

Female Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012, 09:06

Am I the only elbow fan going to Birmingham ? at least we should get up close Laughing
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul 2012, 21:41

Kim wrote:
Mrswoman - Right you are, hope people had better luck than my perusals. Did you go for any tickets?
Hiya Kim, yep - we'll likely see you in the usual spot! Very Happy

natalia wrote:
I was in two minds about going this time, since I fear the setlist will be similar to the one at Jodrell Bank. On the other hand, they might try some new songs (I wonder if the new album is taking shape?)
Hi Natalia, the band have said recently in a streamed interview (from Rock Werchter) that they WILL be doing some new material at the UK arena shows. Thumbs Up!

Last edited by mrswoman on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 21:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 06:17

On my hols in Turkey so have just logged in to the real world and missed the ticket sale, which was unexpected. Oh well like many have said not too worried. Will see nearer the time if a few new things thrown in then scrounge for a ticket, I'm sure there will be plenty going. I feel I've had my share of Elbow for this tour, looking forward to some new stuff and setlist when things will be more interesting once again. Happy hols to everyone! x
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 07:23

Lynne wrote:

On my hols in Turkey so have just logged in to the real world and missed the ticket sale, which was unexpected. Oh well like many have said not too worried. Will see nearer the time if a few new things thrown in then scrounge for a ticket, I'm sure there will be plenty going. I feel I've had my share of Elbow for this tour, looking forward to some new stuff and setlist when things will be more interesting once again. Happy hols to everyone! x

they gigs arent sold out on gigandtours...
Back to top Go down
natalia
fallen angel
fallen angel
natalia

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 15:32

mrswoman wrote:
Hi Natalia, the band have said recently in a streamed interview (from Rock Werchter) that they WILL be doing some new material at the UK arena shows. Thumbs Up!

That sounds promising! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2012, 21:07

Couldn't get too excited about this as I was supposed to go on a training weekend for work then.
This has now been cancelled!!! (what timing, eh???!) So I may be able to do the MEN after all!
Fingers crossed!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 16:36

Sounds good, Jones! Thumbs Up!

From Today's Worksop Guardian interview with Pete:
So what can fans expect from your November arena tour?

“We’re rounding up the whole Build A Rocket Boys album and this one’s going to be similar to the last arena tour with bringing the crowd in and making the room feel smaller, but there will be new lights, new visuals and new ideas.

“We’re going to look back into the back catalogue a little bit more and fish out some songs that we’ve not played for a while. But it should just be a couple of hours of fun and partying every night. It’s a nice way of rounding off the album and the year.”
Back to top Go down
OllieCT
fallen angel
fallen angel
OllieCT

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-08-08

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2012, 07:46

Newborn pleeeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2012, 08:56

mrswoman wrote:
Sounds good, Jones! Thumbs Up!

From Today's Worksop Guardian interview with Pete:
So what can fans expect from your November arena tour?

“We’re rounding up the whole Build A Rocket Boys album and this one’s going to be similar to the last arena tour with bringing the crowd in and making the room feel smaller, but there will be new lights, new visuals and new ideas.

“We’re going to look back into the back catalogue a little bit more and fish out some songs that we’ve not played for a while. But it should just be a couple of hours of fun and partying every night. It’s a nice way of rounding off the album and the year.”

Well that sounds much more like it - I really hope that's what takes place ! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW ARENA SHOWS   NEW ARENA SHOWS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ARENA SHOWS
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next