elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Abbey Road CD/DVD

Go down 
+35
nikkijaydee
bluejayway
ChrissyBoy
gazzmatazz
My Bury Vest
Grant
mrswoman
nellie
anydaynow
sundaygirl
disposablehero
sparky
hilaryg
yesman
Glendarian
Emma G
MagicalTrevor
Eag
al
ElbowFreak
Fancy Pants
Stockhaus
ukkonen
ChrissieInFL
heshofcheese
jEUR
TamedLamia
lucky with disease
fadeupyoursmile
Jones
evilpixie
thisismusic
Hotblack
Misspelt Yoof
helicon1
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Mar 2009, 16:47

Got that message too. Glad they cleared the problem... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Fancy Pants
fallen angel
fallen angel
Fancy Pants

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Mar 2009, 18:53

thisismusic wrote:
You can pre-order it on HMV, the link on www.elbow.co.uk also leads to HMV.

I also did this ^

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 12:16

I've been thinking about the change from Trinity Street to HMV and how it affected the promotion on Elbow's site and on their myspace. The "limited edition" part is gone and it makes me wonder if any of the copies will be numbered? Maybe I was one of the lone few who did this, but I ordered as quickly as I could to receive the best number possible and it would be a disappointment to find out that there was nothing really "limited edition" about the release at all. I was under the impression that there was a select number of copies available and I feel as though this 'exclusive' will continue to be sold, even after the pre-order period is over. I'll be waiting for it to come in the mail, but I paid a lot (I live in the U.S.) for it and I wouldn't have done so willingly if I knew it wasn't a limited edition release especially since the DVD will not be compatible with my region.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 12:32

I'd be suprised if the product changed. I expect they'll still be numbered.

I doubt the time you ordered will have any bearing on your number, especially as the orders are now being handled by two seperate parties.
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 14:46

I really hope that's the outcome or else I'll have to be sending it back.

Yeah, I figured that once it changed hands from one company to the next, the number wouldn't be the same unless they choose to honor the orders made through Trinity Street first (they should have the information on the date and time when an item was purchased). It's a wait and see situation, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 16:09

Just watched a little at youtube. Great performance. Though, was Guy a little sick that day? He seemed to have problems during Weather to fly and he didn't seem very happy at the ending. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 16:16

I just noticed that he did not catch the high note in "Some riot" properly. Maybe he underestimated the loudness of a huge orchestra and got hoarse from it...
At least, if he was not happy at the ending it was not hearable in his vocals (thinking with horror of terribly bored sounding Mr. Hetfield at Metallica's "S&M" Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 16:21

ElbowFreak wrote:
Just watched a little at youtube. Great performance. Though, was Guy a little sick that day? He seemed to have problems during Weather to fly and he didn't seem very happy at the ending. Rolling Eyes

I'm sure that someone on here who was at the Abbey Road session, said that Guy was suffering from a cold that day, and they had to do a few re-takes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 18:35

The spare boxset will be going to my Dad for his birthday, Mum wanted to get tickets to see them, but i put them of that idea!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 18:36

Sorry, that was me!
Back to top Go down
Eag
little beast
little beast
Eag

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2009, 19:20

heshofcheese wrote:
ElbowFreak wrote:

I'm sure that someone on here who was at the Abbey Road session, said that Guy was suffering from a cold that day, and they had to do a few re-takes.

There weren't any full retakes - a couple of false starts, Guy's monitor or Craig/Jupp not quite starting in sync. The first time they began Weather To Fly Guy's voice cracked in the first line! But he soldiered on - it's crazy high but rather than backing down, he carried the lines ALL the way through - wow. Took him a minute or two and something unspecified from a Thermos before they continued with Tower Crane Wink

I seem to remember my girlfriend telling me he'd mentioned having a cold on his Finest Hour a week (or two?) before...
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 09:17

Gosh, wonder if it was still the cold he was suffering from in Dingle, early December...?
I reckon the man needs a break on a sunny beach, drinking Pina Coladas!
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 09:40

Guy's always got a cold, hasn't he?

He needs to start taking his vitamins.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Mar 2009, 12:27

Not one to preach or anything...but he needs to stop smoking. I got noticably less colds after I gave up.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Mar 2009, 21:50

Just received the following e-mail from HMV
> Dear hmv customer,
>
> A quick update on your order for the forthcoming Elbow 'Seldom Seen Kid
> Live at Abbey Road' CD set.
>
> Just to let you know that due to a manufacturing delay by the supplier,
> this item will now be released on 6th April 2009. UK customers should
> therefore now expect to receive the item on this revised date.
>
> Please accept our apologies for the delay.

Buger!
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 09:19

Yay!! Mine arrived this morning! (Ordered from the original supplier, whoever's dealing with that now - "LoudClothing.com" on the mail label). Beautifully packaged with some lovely photos - and sounds wonderful so far of course (I haven't watched the DVD yet (the post's only just arrived Smile) but presumably will be the same as the "Red button" set).

A nice note - someone submitted it to iTunes Gracenote with the first track "Startlings" - must be something to do with that brass. Laughing
Back to top Go down
yesman
friend of ours
friend of ours
yesman

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 09:31

Same hear ...mine just arrived also. I was execting a delay so a very pleasant surprise !!

Starts the weekend off just brilliant.

CD going on just about..now
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 10:53

I thought the post arrived with a bit more of a thud than normal!

Thoughts - not a limited edition, hmm. Am I bothered - not really to be honest.

DVD put straight in - and we have A DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY! affraid The entire band talking us through the concert.

I can see that I'm not going to get much done today.
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 11:21

Arrived today. Distributed by loudclothing.com

Having overdosed on the "red button" when it was on, I thought I'd try the "play concert with band commentary" for something new.

it's well worth a listen. There's some interesting stuff...I won't spoil it for you.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 11:51

Got mine too...not played it yet, pleased that it seems to be 5.1 but only slightly disappointed that it's not DTS...

Dunno when I will get a chance to watch it cos MrsMT got fed up of seeing it on the red button...

Love the packaging, btw. Ol's artwork looks ace as usual.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 11:53

Al's just popped down stairs to check the post, and the way she danced it... look like it's arrived!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 12:05

It has...

Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Kermit
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 12:05

Just had a quick listen to the audio CD and it sounds LOADS better than the Radio 2 broadcast. I don't see any TurnMeUp certification, but I see that Craig mixed it.
Back to top Go down
disposablehero
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 12:06

Just a few extra spoddy technical details for anyone still waiting....

DVD has both stereo and 5.1 Dolby Digital audio. The 5.1 mix sounds very nice - Guy's vocals are spread across both front left and right channels rather than just the centre, which is different to how their performances on Jools were mixed, but sounds just as nice.

The box says it's presented in 16:9 widescreen, but it's actually 2.35:1, i.e. wider than a widescreen TV.

DVD is Region 0 NTSC = our American friends should be able to play with no problems.

On a non-technical note, the whole package is absolutely [insert expletive] stunning Very Happy

Last edited by disposablehero on Sun 29 Mar 2009, 18:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009, 12:08

The sound's brill, Craig's done a great job with the mixing again. My wooden floor is vibrating quite nicely every time a guitar solo kicks in!

One teensy quibble with the picture - it has been matted from the 16:9 shown on the beeb to 2.35:1. Which looks good for the wide shots but chops the top of people's heads in the close-ups. Don't really like that, but given I'm going to be listening more than I'm watching I'm not too worried. But if a blu-ray ever comes out, please can we have the full 16:9 back again?

I know, I know, just shut up and enjoy what we've got. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abbey Road CD/DVD
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next