elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Abbey Road DVD comments

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

The Abbey Road DVD comments Empty
PostSubject: The Abbey Road DVD comments   The Abbey Road DVD comments Icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 11:39

Well, asked that at the 6music-post new Elbowrecord-ideas-Post but because I don't want to go there offtopic I ask you (or ukonen) once more:
What did Elbow say during ODLT when they talked about the song itselfs?
I understood something like "Elbow the musical" with young and beautiful actors who have to wear fatsuits and on the bombastic ending Guy was joking something I wish I'd understand because to me it sounded like he thinks THAT moment would be the moment when the "Young and beautiful actors" drop off the fatsuits... lol!
Did I hear right or what else he/they were saying about that...? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Abbey Road DVD comments   The Abbey Road DVD comments Icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 16:06

Your understanding is very good TL

The band are discussing the future prospect of "Elbow The Musical" where the band are played by "dancers" and "young fit people dressed as us"
Jupp tells us he wants to be played by someone with hair.
Although (because) the actors are young and fit they will need to wear fatsuits which they will take off at the end of ODLT.
Guy imagines "some X Factor dude playing me" and at the end he slowly goes into the splits and is then pulled up into the air on a harness

Weird and wonderful

There's some really interesting insights on the dvd commentary (but this isn't one of them Smile ) It's just the lads having a laugh
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: The Abbey Road DVD comments   The Abbey Road DVD comments Icon_minitimeWed 03 Mar 2010, 19:43

Ah, thanx for the help, sparky! Now I got it...well that harness-thing reminds me a bit on good ol' Gabriel back in the 70ies on the end of Supper's Ready...after it almost went wrong he stopped doing that stunt... Shocked
But I really like the joking of the band. Seems to me that they noticed themselfs, that parts of that concert were a bit overblown... Smile
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: The Abbey Road DVD comments   The Abbey Road DVD comments Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 00:40

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you, TL. Would you like me to transcribe their conversation during the song so you understand the gist of it? I am more than willing to do so.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: The Abbey Road DVD comments   The Abbey Road DVD comments Icon_minitimeTue 09 Mar 2010, 16:57

Ah, that would be great!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Abbey Road DVD comments   The Abbey Road DVD comments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Abbey Road DVD comments
Page 1 of 1