elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Abbey Road CD/DVD

Go down 
+35
nikkijaydee
bluejayway
ChrissyBoy
gazzmatazz
My Bury Vest
Grant
mrswoman
nellie
anydaynow
sundaygirl
disposablehero
sparky
hilaryg
yesman
Glendarian
Emma G
MagicalTrevor
Eag
al
ElbowFreak
Fancy Pants
Stockhaus
ukkonen
ChrissieInFL
heshofcheese
jEUR
TamedLamia
lucky with disease
fadeupyoursmile
Jones
evilpixie
thisismusic
Hotblack
Misspelt Yoof
helicon1
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 18:14

Dads are brill aren't they Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 19:30

Woop woop! I finally got it today. Party! It is a great album and the band commentary is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 20:01

sundaygirl wrote:
Very worrying....have you contacted the website ? Is there a customer service number? There must be.
Do you still have your confirmation email? I bet there's an address and/or number on that.

yeah, I've got all that, but the problem is, as mentioned earlier in the thread, Trinity Street went out of business.

I've had a good look at the e-mails sent from the Elbow mailing list and the most up to date one states that the boxset would be released on the 30th March, so I suppose thats only a few days ago.

If I don't get anything by Monday, I'll start ringing around (dunno where to start though!) scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 20:05

I found this on their website, in the help section:

The first thing you should do if the goods haven't arrived even though we've emailed you telling you they've been sent, is to contact your local postal delivery office to see if they are holding your goods for you. UK and European customers should do this after five days but before two weeks has elapsed. Customers from outside Europe should wait two weeks and then contact their postal delivery office. If the postal delivery office hasn't been able to help you, email our customer service team who will then investigate the matter for you.
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 20:09

sundaygirl wrote:
I found this on their website, in the help section:

The first thing you should do if the goods haven't arrived even though we've emailed you telling you they've been sent, is to contact your local postal delivery office to see if they are holding your goods for you. UK and European customers should do this after five days but before two weeks has elapsed. Customers from outside Europe should wait two weeks and then contact their postal delivery office. If the postal delivery office hasn't been able to help you, email our customer service team who will then investigate the matter for you.

Thanks for that, Sundaygirl, you're a star! sunny

I'll do that on Monday (if the goods haven't arrived by then of course)
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 20:09

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Apr 2009, 19:57

Did box set arrive yet Hes?
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Apr 2009, 21:03

sundaygirl wrote:

Unfortunately no. The bloke at the post office I spoke to on the phone didn't have a clue, so I'm going to the local delivery office on Thursday to see if it's there.

Failing that, I'm not sure what to do scratch I thought of phoning the HMV hotline, but remembered this e-mail :

Abbey Road Boxset Clarification

For those of you who ordered the boxset via the original Trinity Street pre-order, your orders will be dispatched as normal on the release date of 30th March.

The original Trinity Street pre-orders are now being handled by another party - not HMV - so please do not direct any inquiries about these original orders to HMV.

We apologise for any inconvience but we assure all Elbow fans that their orders will be fulfilled as originally planned. Thanks for bearing with us.

..so who are the other party?

Does anyone know? Address?? Tel no??? E-mail contact????
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Apr 2009, 21:12

God, I love Elbow and their site, but they sure do hide their customer service info. But I found a phone number and email address.

Good luck.

0118 9569183
orders@sandbag.uk.com
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Apr 2009, 22:02

I ordered two boxsets. The one from Trinity Street arrived last Saturday. I got an email from HMV yesterday, saying it was being delivered soon. I'm not sure if that is in anyway helpful. I know HMV have had a couple of hold ups though!
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 00:26

Has anyone from North America received their box set yet?
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 07:58

Sarah wrote:
I ordered two boxsets. The one from Trinity Street arrived last Saturday. I got an email from HMV yesterday, saying it was being delivered soon. I'm not sure if that is in anyway helpful. I know HMV have had a couple of hold ups though!

I recently ordered a couple of cds from HMV and their free delivery service is incredibly slow. I ordered a cd from Amazon after I'd ordered from HMV and the Amazon cd (on thier free super saver service - I'm a tightwad Smile ) arrived first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 08:11

amazon service is really really good. I've never ordered anything from HMV. I pre-ordered my SSK box set I think the day it was announced, so it would have originally been Trinity Street . But then I received an email and a post from their myspace informing me that Trinity St. had ceased training and that HMV would take over. So I don't understand this "third party" thing that hes has been told about. Wish I still had my receipt, it might have detauls on there. Anyone kept theirs? I would definitely phone or email the Elbow customer service dept (the number to be found on an earlier post). This is really bad. The reason you pre-ordered it was to get it as soon as possible. Instead you're being punished for your loyalty and enthusiasim. It would have been quicker to order them after they had already been released!

What is it with us not receiving our Elbow goods? Does the postal service have some sort of grudge against them?
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 08:52

Ummmmmm! I never said I hadn't received my Abbey Road box set. I too ordered it the day it was announced and know all about the Trinity Street debacle. I just sat back, stayed calm and it turned up as promised (in fact a day or so early) on Saturday 28th March.

As things were quite fluid at the time of Trinity Street going bust the whole 'third party' thing kicked in when (I assume) HMV couldn't commit to fulfilling all the orders.Someone (a 'third party') was found who could.

If the odd one has gone missing that is unfortunate but it does happen. If there is no luck with the customer service dept I would advise Hesh to get in touch with Elbow somehow (via the website or even the record company) and inform them what has happened. I'm sure it wiill be resolved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 08:57

Sorry, meanings get confused in posting, and I was commenting on two different posts at the same time. I knew you had received yours, but it seemed like there were others, besides hes, who hadn't received theirs. Mine came bright and early too, despite Trinity going bust.

I think if the others contact cistomer service they'll resolve it.
Back to top Go down
thisismusic
fallen angel
fallen angel
thisismusic

Female Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 16:13

heshofcheese wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:

..so who are the other party?

Does anyone know? Address?? Tel no??? E-mail contact????

I just checked the package (I had also ordered through Trinity Street) and it says: If undelivered please return to loudclothing.com .... I guess you should check with them.

http://www.loudclothing.com/contactloud.php

Good luck !
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 23:01

My other one came today. So that's HMV and the one from Trinity Street. But like Hotblack, i just waited, it seems like it was all under control, just had distribution issues!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Apr 2009, 10:49

My box arrived last tuesday (at least that was when I checked my mail, maybe it arrived earlier). My order was at trinity.
Watched the DVD yesterday. It's a lot more moving watching it and my mixed feelings about the bit too huge orchestration in Towercrane and One day was cooled down a bit with the funny comments of the band about it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Apr 2009, 13:01

My Dad LOVED it!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 20:30

I love the band commentary, hilarious, especially the ever present hiss of opening cans of beer and the clink of beer bottles.

But, I don't know if it's cos it's a British thing or maybe I just didn't catch it, but I don't understand what Richard Jupp said, can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

Good fun though. Hope everyone's received their copy now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009, 22:11

There's a band commentary? Must go back and check that out - never noticed it on the menu screen.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2009, 08:41

Oh, it's brilliant!!!
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2009, 09:04

Yep, will make you laugh Laughing
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2009, 15:19

sundaygirl wrote:
I love the band commentary, hilarious, especially the ever present hiss of opening cans of beer and the clink of beer bottles.

But, I don't know if it's cos it's a British thing or maybe I just didn't catch it, but I don't understand what Richard Jupp said, can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

Good fun though. Hope everyone's received their copy now.

scrotum?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2009, 15:48

Yeah, I got scrotum, but what ahppened? Guy said "did you go a little poo?" (lol....) and Jupp said "no, something something scrotum something...." Then he said he kind of regretted admitting it. Driving me crazy.

Looking forward to "Elbow, the musical"! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abbey Road CD/DVD
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next