elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Abbey Road CD/DVD

Go down 
+35
nikkijaydee
bluejayway
ChrissyBoy
gazzmatazz
My Bury Vest
Grant
mrswoman
nellie
anydaynow
sundaygirl
disposablehero
sparky
hilaryg
yesman
Glendarian
Emma G
MagicalTrevor
Eag
al
ElbowFreak
Fancy Pants
Stockhaus
ukkonen
ChrissieInFL
heshofcheese
jEUR
TamedLamia
lucky with disease
fadeupyoursmile
Jones
evilpixie
thisismusic
Hotblack
Misspelt Yoof
helicon1
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
helicon1
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009, 13:36

Hey,
Who here has pre-ordered the Abbey Road CD/DVD?
Trinity street, the company who handle elbow's online shop has gone into administration.

Anyone know what will happen with this?

I thought it would probably be fine and the dispatch would just be handled by someone else.
However, after reading a Cure forum, people there had bought tickets for the 02 Big Gig through an NME/Trinity Street pre-sale and they've lost their money!
They've been given links by the gig management to purchase new tickets, but they have to try and claim the cash back for their original orders through Trinity or their banks!

I'll not be impressed if I have to pay for the CD/DVD again. Mad
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009, 14:50

helicon1 wrote:
Anyone know what will happen with this?
I'm sure you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2009, 17:49

The situation has been discussed elsewhere (although not entirely obvious where) but the info at the moment is

Quote :
We are currently investigating any outstanding purchases / pre-orders and will ensure that these are honoured. This may take a little time so if you have made an order that you have not yet received, please do bear with us.

If you've already ordered I would imagine all will be fine. I have no idea about those who have not yet ordered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
thisismusic
fallen angel
fallen angel
thisismusic

Female Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 17:52

You can pre-order it on HMV, the link on www.elbow.co.uk also leads to HMV.
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 18:46

...and as you don't pay postage, it's cheaper!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 19:31

I got a refund.
But I wasn't so much worried about the money as not being able to get my hands on the actual item! pale
Pfew! Thank God we can still get it!
Back to top Go down
thisismusic
fallen angel
fallen angel
thisismusic

Female Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 20:37

Jones wrote:
I got a refund.
But I wasn't so much worried about the money as not being able to get my hands on the actual item! pale
Pfew! Thank God we can still get it!

You got a refund ? How ? Did you contact them or did they just refund the money ?
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 20:49

No, got my Visa bill yesterday and there it was...
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 21:03

Ah... Well. I've ordered one from HMV to be certain if i get two, i'll gift one to the flat mate!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb 2009, 21:48

I have had no refund. How will we know when the existing pre-orders will be handled? Payment was taken from my credit card on 30th January for the Abbey Road package. The credit card company said they could open a dispute if needed but I would prefer if the order was fulfilled.
Will the original pre-orders be sent via HMV too?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2009, 13:16

Guess I have to watch my account if the refund something...I don't want to miss the order because of that!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
jEUR
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb 2009, 15:10

I ordered one for the second time to be sure (first trinity, now hmv). But some things are not clear to me.

What's on the DVD ? I hope it's a filming of the bbc gig. I can't make out of the information we get from the hmv website.

The question may sound stupid, but i'm so excited about the fragments I already saw that it's a must to have it on DVD!

Kind regards
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2009, 18:27

Bought 2 copies but made the mistake of using a debit card. Fingers crossed I get delivery of my order or news of a refund as can't do anything until I do. Mad
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2009, 20:47

jEUR wrote:
What's on the DVD ? I hope it's a filming of the bbc gig.
It is.
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2009, 21:38

evilpixie wrote:
Bought 2 copies but made the mistake of using a debit card. Fingers crossed I get delivery of my order or news of a refund as can't do anything until I do. Mad

Same here, E P, I also used my debit card to order two copies.

Just got to hang on in there, fingers and everything else crossed, I suppose. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb 2009, 23:23

Company Announcement from trinity-street (click for website)

...all paid orders for items that were in stock and able to be processed on 13th February have been dispatched.
The company is working hard to resolve all issues regarding all outstanding customer orders (merchandise, music, tickets) as quickly as possible and further updates will be posted on a regular basis."

Thing is the Abbey Road box set is a paid PRE-order, and as such, not necessarily in their stock...
(HMV's date of release is down as 30th March)

So the latest is, that somebody at Fiction has said that as long as they can get the database off Trinity street then everyone who ordered will get the dvds/cd. Fiction will lose money on this but hopefully everyone will receive the box set.

An Official update on Fiction's part would be helpful for us, if they can do the above.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 00:57

Hello all -

Just came by to see what was going on w/this box set situation. Most disappointed, not due to the ordering issues, but rather because the DVD will not play here in the States. No plans to release a US-friendly version, either, from what I understand. Sad! I wanted to order but without the DVD, it really is a whole other kettle of fish to pay the box set price plus international shipping for just the CD...maybe we American fans will get a break and be able to purchase the set someday, or maybe even just the CD separately at a lower price, but for now we lose. As usual. Sad
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 17:22

From their myspace:

Trinity Street, the providers of the Official Elbow Online store, ceased trading last week.

The band were extremely concerned to ensure this would not affect their fans, especially those who had already ordered 'The Seldom Seen Kid' - Live At Abbey Road.

Therefore, all orders for the boxset will now be sent out by our new trusted partner hmv. com.

If you have pre-ordered already, your order will be processed and you need do nothing.

If you haven't ordered your copy yet then click here to pre-order it now from hmv. com for delivery on the release date of 30th March.

Click the still below to enjoy a live clip of 'Some Riot', and treat yourself to a short taster of what to look forward to when the boxset arrives.

Many thanks for bearing with us.
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 18:59

ukkonen wrote:
From their myspace:

Trinity Street, the providers of the Official Elbow Online store, ceased trading last week.

The band were extremely concerned to ensure this would not affect their fans, especially those who had already ordered 'The Seldom Seen Kid' - Live At Abbey Road.

Therefore, all orders for the boxset will now be sent out by our new trusted partner hmv. com.

If you have pre-ordered already, your order will be processed and you need do nothing.

If you haven't ordered your copy yet then click here to pre-order it now from hmv. com for delivery on the release date of 30th March.

Click the still below to enjoy a live clip of 'Some Riot', and treat yourself to a short taster of what to look forward to when the boxset arrives.

Many thanks for bearing with us.

Yes, good news!! I've just got this message sent in an e-mail.

Well done Craig and the boys if you're reading this! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 19:12

Just watched the footage of Some Riot and "...fuckers..." has been restored in all it's sweary glory!
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 19:58

that is the best bit of that song! the fuckers bit! Sad
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 20:05

Oh yey!
So that means we have two copies, i could be nice and give one to my flat mate or earn brownie points and give one to my mum!
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009, 23:15

Yey x2 cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeWed 25 Feb 2009, 09:45

I was looking for any announcement earlier yesterday, but must have just missed it.
Could see they were getting a few grumbles on the MySpace blog, so was hoping for a resolution Smile

Thanks Craig x
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitimeSat 07 Mar 2009, 09:16

Quote :
For those of you who ordered the boxset via the original Trinity Street pre-order, your orders will be dispatched as normal on the release date of 30th March.

The original Trinity Street pre-orders are now being handled by another party - not HMV - so please do not direct any inquiries about these original orders to HMV.

We apologise for any inconvience but we assure all Elbow fans that their orders will be fulfilled as originally planned. Thanks for bearing with us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Abbey Road CD/DVD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road CD/DVD   Abbey Road CD/DVD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abbey Road CD/DVD
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next