elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!

Go down 
+43
Scuzzboy24
jeanlucb
oneofthethree
ukkonen
BigAL
fragrant_monkey
flossietoo
Darcy
JK
lippykid
RDHawkins
barclayender
scotochromagen
Emylou123
HattyMarris
Glendarian
supadom
hilaryg
Cestriansteve
djvh
SamD
AyannaD
Kim
emma
mrswoman
mitchy
ChrissieInFL
nellie
arsefrom
Mr Woman
MagicalTrevor
FLUFF75
sparky
lucky with disease
andy_landy
Misspelt Yoof
Jones
Lynne
ChrissyBoy
errant
ticky
My Bury Vest
LongLegs
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 16:03

Knew it was too good to be true.

No email confirmation, booking reference didn't correspond with order.

F*****g useless See Tickets!

No tickets, no Elbow - Cambridge - gutted, very very Sad Sad (wiping away tears - literally).

I just don't get it, I put all card details and it confirmed it all, then gave me a booking reference saying a confirmation email would be sent in the next 24hrs!! Complete bastards, sorry for no being my usual upbeat self!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 16:36

Are you sure? Have you phoned SEE and they confirmed you hadn't by phone?
Don't do anything desperate on ebay yet...I tried something else, was for some others I know too that didn't ...am waiting on some email replies and someone to return to their office!
Will let you know if/when I get anywhere.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 16:46

Oh Lynne - that is absolutely devastating. I'm so sorry to hear that. See Tickets have really been useless on so many levels for this gig. Mad
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 17:01

Lynne wrote:
Knew it was too good to be true.

No email confirmation, booking reference didn't correspond with order.

F*****g useless See Tickets!

No tickets, no Elbow - Cambridge - gutted, very very Sad Sad (wiping away tears - literally).

I just don't get it, I put all card details and it confirmed it all, then gave me a booking reference saying a confirmation email would be sent in the next 24hrs!! Complete bastards, sorry for no being my usual upbeat self!

I genuinely can't imagine how devastated you must feel Lynne - heart goes out to you - hope lady luck hasn't completely deserted you.....
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 17:59

Yes, they confirmed it on the phone too. I feel like a complete muppet. They couldn't explain it either and thought maybe I had taken down the booking ref incorrectly but of course the money hasn't gone from my account neither. I don't online bank so only just realised today the situation, funds weren't the issue.

Never never mind, thank you for all your sympathies! Will maybe look on Ebay very near to the date and see whats what then. I'm certainly not paying the rip off prices they are asking at the moment!
Back to top Go down
arsefrom
fallen angel
fallen angel
arsefrom

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 19:53

Have you seen the price people are willing to put on these tickets?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Elbow-Tickets-x2-Cambridge-Junction-2nd-March-2011-/120673502198?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item1c18b383f6#ht_500wt_1148

It's shocking. I just hope the sellers have genuine reasons and aren't just being greedy whatsits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.morhall.com
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 19:56

Eh?? 'arsefrom'
What genuine reasons could there possibly be??

ticky wrote:
Oh Lynne - that is absolutely devastating. I'm so sorry to hear that. See Tickets have really been useless on so many levels for this gig. Mad

I was at The Junction, Cambridge last night for I am Kloot, got my ticket email confirmation from them, and collected ticket from their own box office with absolutely no problem.
All the staff i encountered at the venue were pleasant and helpful too.

I will never use SEE tickets again, if I can possibly find an alternative.
Hope you, and the others that were disappointed get sorted soon Lynne.

Last edited by lucky with disease on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 20:09; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited to make it clear that I got my tivket for I am Kloot at the Junction from the venue itself and not from rubbish SEE Tickets)
Back to top Go down
arsefrom
fallen angel
fallen angel
arsefrom

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 19:59

Erm, I know my arse from my Elbow.

Srorry, I had to chose a username quickly....
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 20:04

arsefrom wrote:

Nice one 'arsefrom' - Welcome, happy bummin' around on these board.....yer name made me chuckle (probably the child in me) jocolor
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 20:07

arsefrom wrote:

You can change your username at any time, if you have another one that you prefer.

But, I suspect, you will always be known as 'arsefrom' Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 20:34

... which reminds me fondly of my "Can you tell your arse from your elbow" post
from ages ago Laughing

edit edit; link no longer works No
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 20:43

Was more or less like this though

http://stupidstuff.org/ass_elbow/
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
arsefrom
fallen angel
fallen angel
arsefrom

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 21:22

I have to confess that I am rather fond of my moniker.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 23:15

Lynne wrote:

Oh God, Lynne, how totally, totally horrendous.
I am so sorry to hear it. What a f*cking disaster See tickets are!
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011, 08:19

I feel like I should try to stick up for See here. They're the best of a bad bunch. I mean, have you ever tried to use TicketMaster?!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan 2011, 13:17

Yay Smile We are getting somewhere.
Lynne, sparky, andy_landy check your pms
asap x
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 12:26

Article on proposed bill for legislation on touts and obscene profiteering on secondary ticketing on 'You and Yours' bbc radio 4 straight after Guy presenting Musician's fear of accidental plagiarism this morning.

They mentioned festivals touts, among other things, on the programme, but it was the vulture like invasion of this 'small' warm up in particular, thus preventing us from getting face value tickets, and the blatant reselling and greedy 'Buy it Now' prices within minutes on ebay that is even more distasteful.
Also the bidding war auctions that make out that they are fans that really did want to go, and surprise, surprise find out so soon after that they can't. Or make out they are passionately in love with elbow and that money dosent come into it, and are super dooper polite on ebay to lull one into a false sense of security.
Fans I know of real music wouldn't do that to each other.
There is a section on this forum, word of mouth, or 'scarlet mist' ethical site.
Insist on face value or maybe slight mark up, no more than 10%, to cover booking, admin and post.
That is all.
Hope this bill is passed asap.

btw ...still waiting Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan 2011, 21:00

Jeez, hadn't seen this thread for a few days...Lynne, that sucks!!! Evil or Very Mad I can't imagine how angry/disappointed you must be! And it seems there are several folks with ticketing trouble for various shows - God how I hate the crap we're meant to go through just to see our favorite bands! Why is it such a treacherous experience? It's hard to believe there's no better way to manage ticket sales/distribution at this point in time, but I guess it's just the nature of the situation: too much demand, not enough supply, and waaay too many greedy, unscrupulous people who know how to work the system and take advantage of it and of the fans. What a shame.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 20:43

Part good news, in that Lynne might soon be sorted with face value tickets from a kind fan. Smile
totally tout ebay free!
So its the weekend now, and a few emails later, and phone calls later.... still waiting on SEE to make good, for the few others on this thread, who despite their best efforts to buy through the designated available channel are still waiting for their tickets for this gig to be confirmed.
If that happens, then it will truly be good.
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 21:05

At last I can burst and tell the world I have tickets!!!! Such a kind fan has offered me two at face value and if it wasn't for LWD I wouldn't be writing this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hopefully the good news will roll in and others will be as lucky. Looking forward to seeing all in March! xxx Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 21:59

Yay Lynne!!!!
So happy for you!
See you there! cheers
Back to top Go down
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Feb 2011, 22:21

great news Lynne! fingers crossed I will be with y'all next month Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Feb 2011, 00:02

Great Lynne is sorted, Smile
me too,
andy_landy, sparky and The Lippy kid....still working on face value for you too...feeling a bit like a dog with a bone
it seems a slow process, but hopefully getting there soon!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Feb 2011, 12:14

This is such great news - looking forward to seeing you both again!
Back to top Go down
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Feb 2011, 15:24

ah ah ah! I have a confirmation email!

a great piece of news in what has been an otherwise negative week so far... I'm stoked Very Happy

(edit to add: huge thank you to LWD and everyone behind the scenes. drinks are on me!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next