elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!

Go down 
+43
Scuzzboy24
jeanlucb
oneofthethree
ukkonen
BigAL
fragrant_monkey
flossietoo
Darcy
JK
lippykid
RDHawkins
barclayender
scotochromagen
Emylou123
HattyMarris
Glendarian
supadom
hilaryg
Cestriansteve
djvh
SamD
AyannaD
Kim
emma
mrswoman
mitchy
ChrissieInFL
nellie
arsefrom
Mr Woman
MagicalTrevor
FLUFF75
sparky
lucky with disease
andy_landy
Misspelt Yoof
Jones
Lynne
ChrissyBoy
errant
ticky
My Bury Vest
LongLegs
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 17:19

Thank you so much for sharing that with us, andy_landy! As ever...you. Are. THE MAN!! cheers
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 17:26

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Staggeringly good quality recording. Love it.

Just listening to it now, it REALLY is great quality...dancin' round the flat to 'Grounds...' while my pizza's in the oven !

A fair snapshot of my life !
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 19:13

andy_landy wrote:
so, bit of a poorly-kept secret, but I made an (audience, audio) recording of this gig. now that the album is out, and with huge thanks to MT, I have permission to publicly post link! those who were there get to relive it all over again, and those who weren't get to understand why we've all been raving about the performance Wink

download it here (192kbps mp3): http://whelk.landamore.com/elbow2011-03-02.zip

(I will possibly upload 24-bit flac version at some point in the future. pm me if that is of interest)

enjoy!
stephen x

Thank you. I suspect this might be a bit better than mine, which got distracted in the middle of Lippy Kids. If not, I'll post that as well.

Koko to come.

dave
Back to top Go down
arsefrom
fallen angel
fallen angel
arsefrom

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 19:21

Thanks heaps andy_landy - now I can relive it again, and again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.morhall.com
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 19:38

Yes, definitely better than mine

thanks again Stephen. Didn't see you at the gig, was looking for you in the queue
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 19:40

In answer to your question, both my boys are obsessed with MJ, they saw alot of him on tv when he died and its been non stop cd's in car, dvds and the wii game ever since. Well its alot better than high school musical! I have of course ensured they get a quality music education, they also know who joe strummer and morrissey are and they love a few elbow songs, especially banging cups during grounds for divorce.

Anyway, wow re the recording of cambridge - i love you and we've never met!
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 19:50

Thank you again andy_landy!! Smile I admit I've listened to the whole concert a couple of times now. The pseudo-rap in One Day Like This always makes me smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 19:53

oh, forgot... yea, my 6 year old boy does know who MJ is, which is a little surprising: I don't have any MJ discs in the house! I guess that must mean he watches too much tv Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 21:05

MagicalTrevor wrote:
So he's a good dancer, just not as good as MJ.

Does he consider him better than Justin Timberlake, I wonder?

How very dare you, my boys arent allowed to watch timberlake lol! Made me laugh how fred had obviously given it alot of thought. bet guy really practising his smooth criminal leans as we speak!
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 22:30

At long last managed to listen to it. It sounds amazing and the quality is excellent. Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 22:36

Fab! Thanks Andy-Landy!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 23:34

And thanks to Elbow management for being cool about it too Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 00:45

your next mission is to get them to let us download the itunes videos without buying the album again Very Happy

thanks for asking them if this is ok - i know some management companies can be very funny about such things.
Back to top Go down
MantraLuna
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 18:04

New here.

Have read all 21 pages of the Cambridge Junction review, having been there, and am listening to the MP3's .Life doesn't get better. Will contribute more when I can, but right now, having been due to leave for home, it's time to shut down my work PC and go home, like the rest of the staff did at 5.00!!

Ste
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011, 22:44

Andy Landy you're a star. 24 bit FLAC is of huge interest!!!
Back to top Go down
sonicpurveyor
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 23:01

Hi all newbie member here, was at the Junction gig myself, to all who've put the ewe tube vids up and the bootleg fab job loving reliving that gig. Despite the odd cock up of forgotten lyrics and the odd bum note it was one of if not the best elbow gigs ive witnessed, rivals their glasto show of 2002 for me. The only low point was walking into the Earl of Derby in the afternoon at the same time Guy & Pete were walking out. Missed opportunity there
Back to top Go down
Atane
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 07:50

Hello there!
Just to add my own contribution:
Highlights From The Cambridge Warm-Up Gig have been posted on 'Absoluteradio' website.
For those who might be interested, I've saved these audio files, edited them out (no more add between the tracks) and uploaded them here, in 1 zip folder:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LA1E02CQ

You can download it for free, event if you don't have a Megaupload account.

Kind regards from Paris! Very Happy

Atane.
PS: Should this not be allowed in this forum's rules, please inform me and I'll edit this message.
Back to top Go down
fragrant_monkey
fallen angel
fallen angel
fragrant_monkey

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 16:36

andy_landy wrote:
so, bit of a poorly-kept secret, but I made an (audience, audio) recording of this gig. now that the album is out, and with huge thanks to MT, I have permission to publicly post link! those who were there get to relive it all over again, and those who weren't get to understand why we've all been raving about the performance Wink

download it here (192kbps mp3): http://whelk.landamore.com/elbow2011-03-02.zip

(I will possibly upload 24-bit flac version at some point in the future. pm me if that is of interest)

enjoy!
stephen x

God bless you, andy_landy, I can't say how pleased I am to hear this. Great recording, but best is just to be able to relive the experience of being there. This is going to follow me around for the next few days - getting me and Mrs fm ready for the NIA next Wednesday.

Has anyone suggested to the lads that their gigs are recorded at the desk and sold on unmixed CDR's after the gig? If so, what was their reaction? I know that Genesis used to do some of this on their later tours, and no doubt other bands too, but some record companies seem to be more sensitive than others about bootlegs, even official ones.

Thanks again.

P/S: I have a new favourite picture of Mr Garvey from my Cambridge set - Looking like he'd make a great Falstaff.

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 5537054600_3d7bf8528d
Elbow @ Cambridge Junction 02/03/2011 by Fragrant monkey, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Cozzer
little beast
little beast
Cozzer

Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 16:44

fragrant_monkey wrote:

P/S: I have a new favourite picture of Mr Garvey from my Cambridge set - Looking like he'd make a great Falstaff.

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 5537054600_3d7bf8528d
Elbow @ Cambridge Junction 02/03/2011 by Fragrant monkey, on Flickr

I was going to suggest Sir Toby Belch from Twelfth Night

Garvey: "Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?"
Back to top Go down
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 17:07

fragrant_monkey: those are fantastic photos! thanks for the kind words Smile

I am still trying to move mountains to be with you all at the MEN... wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 17:34

fragrant_monkey wrote:

Has anyone suggested to the lads that their gigs are recorded at the desk and sold on unmixed CDR's after the gig? If so, what was their reaction? I know that Genesis used to do some of this on their later tours, and no doubt other bands too, but some record companies seem to be more sensitive than others about bootlegs, even official ones.

I'm pretty sure that they record the soundboards, because Craig dug out a recording of Scattered Black & Whites out for someone on here about a year back.

What they do with them, or plan to do with them, is unknown.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2011, 17:50

perhaps fragrant_monkey is thinking of something like Instant Live, who bring along banks of cd writers and let you walk away from the venue with a recording? it's an interesting business model, and certainly would bring in extra revenue, but I've heard a few of those & am unimpressed. the mix is always "as-is", and in order to burn enough cds to sell the encore is usually omitted. I would expect a band such as Elbow to hold themselves to higher standards Smile

<audiogeek>
I assume the sbd will be recorded, but I also noticed at cambridge stagelip split omnis flying high (looked like U89's from where I was stood?). would LOVE to hear those!
</audiogeek>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13