elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!

Go down 
+43
Scuzzboy24
jeanlucb
oneofthethree
ukkonen
BigAL
fragrant_monkey
flossietoo
Darcy
JK
lippykid
RDHawkins
barclayender
scotochromagen
Emylou123
HattyMarris
Glendarian
supadom
hilaryg
Cestriansteve
djvh
SamD
AyannaD
Kim
emma
mrswoman
mitchy
ChrissieInFL
nellie
arsefrom
Mr Woman
MagicalTrevor
FLUFF75
sparky
lucky with disease
andy_landy
Misspelt Yoof
Jones
Lynne
ChrissyBoy
errant
ticky
My Bury Vest
LongLegs
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 20:10

A moderator (and indeed an administrator) is a forum member, so he or she has as much right to an opinion, or to make a point, as any other member of this forum.

NONE of the moderators signed up to do this unpaid job thinking they were signing away their rights to respond to posts as any other forum member would.

Thus, as I see it, his status as moderator, in this instance, is irrelevant.

To me, his comment seems tactful (and yes, I know the whole back story). Yours seems provocative.

If you do require the answers that you seek, I suggest you make your request and continue this discussion via PM, not publicly.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
arsefrom
fallen angel
fallen angel
arsefrom

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 20:12

Hey guys & gals,

My first post here, and although not wanting to rub it in, am totally stoked that my wife and I have tickets to see their warm up gig in Cambridge (a reasonably short distance from our place in Essex).

We really can't believe our luck as Elbow brought us together as a couple and has grown with us.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
http://www.morhall.com
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 20:19

Mr Woman wrote:
lucky with disease wrote:

I already have spent out on 02 tickets that I can't use, as another date was then released, so I could actually get tickets to sit with my friends.
So I'm done.

Couldn't agree more, LWD. Much better to have tickets where you're sat with friends and loved ones whenever possible.

Yes, a very tactful comment.
Quoting the last sentence only, of me recounting the stress of the latest ticket buying experience.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 20:25

End of discussion.

I do not want to lock this topic, as that is not fair on everyone else.

However I will split it, and lock it, if this continues.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jan 2011, 20:36

I hope other people... the ones who havn't posted on this thread, that wanted to go to the small venue warm up have been able to get tickets.
I was wondering if Facebook Elbow group emma had? as she has only been able to see elbow only in an arena the once, and it would have been a good chance for her, now she is in UK.
I'm pleased Lynne has managed to this time
Smile
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 00:23

Congrats to all that managed to get tix-you lucky devils!
I knew I couldnt go, what with my new baba and it being too far away, but I'm fairly content that I am at least going to the MEN. I'm sort of relieved I couldnt go to Cambridge and so didnt have to go through the stress of trying to get tix.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 09:55

It seems to be on sale again now.

EDIT: Maybe not.

Last edited by Misspelt Yoof on Wed 19 Jan 2011, 10:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 10:02

Misspelt Yoof wrote:

Not sure whether there are any tickets though. I've just been through the process a couple of times and got same message as yesterday saying there was a problem with my order. Be interested to know if anyone has any success today

Last edited by sparky on Wed 19 Jan 2011, 10:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 10:02

There are two tickets on ebay, with 23hours left. At the moment, they're going for 99p - you never know...
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 10:09

sparky wrote:
Misspelt Yoof wrote:

Not sure whether there are any tickets though. I've just been through the process a couple of times and got same message as yesterday saying there was a problem with my order. Be interested to know if anyone has any success today
Fair play. Hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 11:58

Oi Jones! Log in!
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 21:50

I hope other people... the ones who havn't posted on this forum, that wanted to go to the small venue warm up have been able to get tickets.
I was wondering if Facebook group emma had? as she has only been able to see elbow only in an arena the once, and it would have been a chance for her.
I'm pleased Lynne has managed to this time Smile

Ah thanks for that. Can't tell you how pleased I was, will make a change not having to travel more than three hours to to see to see them. Cambridge is only an hour from us. Now have the unfortunate decision of whether to take my other half or my desperate sister who loves the band too!! Ummmmm.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011, 23:35

Well, Lynn, who wants to see them most??? That's the one who should go I reckon! Razz
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011, 04:27

Very exciting - nice to see some of you managed to get tickets, but I'm sorry for those who couldn't...keeping fingers crossed that there's still an opportunity for everyone who wants to go! Best of luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 17:06

Just thought I'd let anyone who might be interested know - there are 2 tickets on ebay - £100 for 2 including postage, buy it now price. I have seen them going for up to £190 for two, so these aren't as expensive as others.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELBOW-TICKETS-CAMBRIDGE-JUNCTION-2-3-11-/170592903809?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item27b8212281
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 21:21

Oh a beautiful hole in my heart! Have had a crap week, haven't been able to check my mails and so missed the chance to get tickets. If anyone one can take pity on a poor soul and has a spare, I would be your best mate forever (or promise to leave you alone once the restraining order was in place, your choice).

Thanks lovely people xx
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 22:12

oh well, it had to be done, just got some on ebay, my kids won't eat for a while but at least i get a nite out in heaven! See you soon elboans!
Back to top Go down
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011, 22:29

kids, yeah, I think I got two of those somewhere ;-) hope you got a good deal on ebay. I'm completely and utterly on the fence in that regard. would love love love to go, but damn it's gonna cost me...

having said that, I'm sure I'll see you there ;-)
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 10:03

ticky wrote:
Just thought I'd let anyone who might be interested know - there are 2 tickets on ebay - £100 for 2 including postage, buy it now price. I have seen them going for up to £190 for two, so these aren't as expensive as others.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELBOW-TICKETS-CAMBRIDGE-JUNCTION-2-3-11-/170592903809?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item27b8212281
S

Shit - this is just for ONE ticket - sorry.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 11:49

I'm sorry if I offend anyone here....but I have to say it.....Very, very foolish to keep feeding the touts on ebay, all you are doing is encouraging them to do it more!....they so know that they are on to a great killing with elbow fans, especially!
There really are other ways.
I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall with this.....I, and others posted enough about this during the Halle, etc, etc debacle with tickets.
A couple might be genuine, from sources that feel sorry for us, but then why not offer them face value on the forum section here?
These fixed auctions started going up within minutes of the 10 minute sale on tuesday, the touts had the fan link. It really isn't fair for those who cannot afford. But I suppose if you want to encourage more and more people to make a career and living out secondary ticketing sales...

There has been approx 18 -20 auctions already at well over 3 x the promoters ticket price, and no doubt they will keep coming, over the next month until the gig....
Wait till the prices go down, find another way ....they are being way too greedy.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 15:20

Like it or not, people selling tickets on eBay at a premium is a fact of life, especially in a deep recession. Getting yourself on any band's e-mailing list obviously doesn't mean you're a bonafide fan, so one way you might dissuade those buying to sell on is to only grant advance sales priviledges to those with official paid-up fan club membership, but how many of those exist these days?

Anyone could sign themselves up for Lady Gaga, Take That or any number of mass appeal artists mailing lists they'e no intention of seeing, then reel in the cash based on how scarce the ticket's become. Yes, it stinks, but it's not illegal (yet) and you can't fight market forces. Two years ago The Grauniad ran a story about students doing this to get them through college, so it's almost a part-time career for some.

There's been many a time I've missed out on concert tickets - even Elbow gigs - long before e-touting became the huge issue it is today. Massively inflated eBay prices are just another reason why I don't get to go, but that's life.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011, 21:06

I hope other people... the ones who havn't posted on this thread, that wanted to go to the small venue warm up have been able to get tickets.
I was wondering if Facebook Elbow group emma had? as she has only been able to see elbow only in an arena the once, and it would have been a good chance for her, now she is in UK.
I'm pleased Lynne has managed to this time
Smile

Ah, I only just saw this! And unfortunately I didn't No but I would be over the moon if they announced another small show closer to where I live and not conflicting with my studies. At least I'm going to see them in Cardiff, and fingers-crossed I'll manage Brighton as well!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 10:43

mrswoman wrote:
Like it or not, people selling tickets on eBay at a premium is a fact of life, especially in a deep recession. Getting yourself on any band's e-mailing list obviously doesn't mean you're a bonafide fan, so one way you might dissuade those buying to sell on is to only grant advance sales priviledges to those with official paid-up fan club membership, but how many of those exist these days?

Anyone could sign themselves up for Lady Gaga, Take That or any number of mass appeal artists mailing lists they'e no intention of seeing, then reel in the cash based on how scarce the ticket's become. Yes, it stinks, but it's not illegal (yet) and you can't fight market forces. Two years ago The Grauniad ran a story about students doing this to get them through college, so it's almost a part-time career for some.

There's been many a time I've missed out on concert tickets - even Elbow gigs - long before e-touting became the huge issue it is today. Massively inflated eBay prices are just another reason why I don't get to go, but that's life.

We are well aware of the facts, and that legislation still hasn't been passed to make it illegal.
So we just sit back and let it happen, because thats life?.....whats more.... actively encourage it?
I am refused a refund from SEE for a ticket I cannot now use, due to their poorly functioning website, and in a later sentence I am told by a employee of SEE when I mention the tout problem, that 'people are welcome to resell their tickets on ebay'

NO They are NOT welcome.

This is not Lady Gaga or Take That tickets. It was a small warm up show before the album has even come out.
Some people wouldn't have been interested as they like to know the songs and words beforehand to sing- a- long to, and some not interested, because its not London or Manchester and it is midweek. Some would be (if it hasn't leaked by then) hearing some of the new album live for the first time and Elbow would be interested to see how it went first time and be trying things out and maybe changing some things.
Recession reason is irrelevent. I'm struggling to find work at the moment too....I might have a clearout of some junk to sell on ebay, in case anyone else wants my junk or I might do cash for gold or pawn, but I wouldn't go book up tickets to a concert that I had no intention of attending, purely to sell them immediately on at 3x plus the original price.
Its a form of theft.

There are other ways for getting word out for a small warm up, rather than doing it through the exact same channels as the Arena Tour. only difference was lower key publicity for it....as if that would make any difference to touts already on the mailing list, who could spread the words to their mates through other dodgy websites.
Students doing this to get through college? Some Students also sell themselves for sex to get through college...

The prices don't need be so massively inflated, it is being encouraged by those that accept it.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 13:15

I am refused a refund from SEE for a ticket I cannot now use, due to their poorly functioning website, and in a later sentence I am told by a employee of SEE when I mention the tout problem, that 'people are welcome to resell their tickets on ebay'

This is quite an odd thing for them to say, as usually reselling is against the terms and conditions printed on the back of the ticket. However, it sounds like the employee was trying to fob you off.

Anyway, without legislation this problem isn't going away, just like prostitution, drugs and crime. You can complain about it as much as you like, and I will agree with you, but we'll never stamp it out on our own.

That's not to say we shouldn't complain about it. However, I think it's unfair to say that ticky is encouraging touting by linking touted Elbow tickets for sale for a very exclusive Elbow gig on an Elbow fan forum.

Behind every single person that makes a stand by not buying from touts, there's a thousand others waving their hard-earned in the air.

They ain't going away soon unless eBay stops them (and thus make an enormous dent in their own profits)
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 21:11

We are well aware of the facts, and that legislation still hasn't been passed to make it illegal. So we just sit back and let it happen, because thats life?.....whats more.... actively encourage it?

This is not Lady Gaga or Take That tickets. It was a small warm up show before the album has even come out.

Recession reason is irrelevent. I might have a clearout of some junk to sell on ebay, in case anyone else wants my junk or I might do cash for gold or pawn, but I wouldn't go book up tickets to a concert that I had no intention of attending, purely to sell them immediately on at 3x plus the original price. Its a form of theft. The prices don't need be so massively inflated, it is being encouraged by those that accept it.
LWD, you misunderstood me. My point was, Elbow ARE now in the major leagues so a warm-up gig is deemed especially hot property, alongside any other popular band's off-tour dates. And should someone decide to email protest messages to those who aren't in a position to act, a reminder of the facts is in context.

Don't agree; the recession is a relevant factor: If we're talking about eBay as an example, the number of fraud cases - real theft - on there has shot through the roof in the last 2 years because times are hard, so the relatively legal act of fleecing willing punters for whatever they can get for hot tickets is an easy, attractive option. And no, I don't support it myself. eBay aside, technology is making it easier and easier for (the 'wrong') people to buy tickets everywhere; there's no turning that tide.

Like MT said, without legislation there's not much that can be done to actually stop this, apart from continue to boycott resellers which only impacts upon individuals. You're not alone in your frustrations, but to misquote Badly Drawn Boy, for anything else you might as well be p*ssing in the wind.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next