elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!

Go down 
+43
Scuzzboy24
jeanlucb
oneofthethree
ukkonen
BigAL
fragrant_monkey
flossietoo
Darcy
JK
lippykid
RDHawkins
barclayender
scotochromagen
Emylou123
HattyMarris
Glendarian
supadom
hilaryg
Cestriansteve
djvh
SamD
AyannaD
Kim
emma
mrswoman
mitchy
ChrissieInFL
nellie
arsefrom
Mr Woman
MagicalTrevor
FLUFF75
sparky
lucky with disease
andy_landy
Misspelt Yoof
Jones
Lynne
ChrissyBoy
errant
ticky
My Bury Vest
LongLegs
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
flossietoo
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-04

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 14:15

What a marvellous tribute to the Elbow community that one badly-behaved fan stands out so much! When I go to an Elbow concert, I assume that everyone there are friends I haven't met. I was really confused to find someone being rude and disruptive at this one - I wondered whether she'd turned up at the venue on the wrong night.
Nothing and nobody could spoil such a magical night, though. One I'll never forget and was so lucky to attend.
Back to top Go down
fragrant_monkey
fallen angel
fallen angel
fragrant_monkey

Male Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 17:19

At last I've managed to get this up on youtube:

Great Expectations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjfKBHMcDzc

Facebook Emma's dedication is just at the start of the clip.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 17:24

That's lovely FM - thanks for posting that. I think you might have cut off Emma's dedication though.
Back to top Go down
fragrant_monkey
fallen angel
fallen angel
fragrant_monkey

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 17:37

Yes - I was a little slow off the mark, but you do just catch the end of it. (Situation normal for me really).
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 17:55

fragrant_monkey wrote:
At last I've managed to get this up on youtube:

Great Expectations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjfKBHMcDzc

Facebook Emma's dedication is just at the start of the clip.

Thank you so much!! Very Happy I was too overwhelmed to make a video myself so I really appreciate you posting this!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 18:27

That video is gorgeous, thanks for putting it on. I had decided not to sell my sheffield tickets this morning and within an hour or so they had bloomin sold on seatwave, well thank you baby jesus!!

So think i will have to try and go along to the 29th at the o2 as well, just cant get enough.....
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 20:38

mitchy wrote:
I loved Pete's hat!
Any road, guys i need your help.I got invited to a drinks reception with Archbishop Desmond Tutu, absolute hero and legend - bounced home with excitement then realised it was same night of elbow 02, so i said no. Everyone i have spoken to thinks i am mad and can you believe this question 'cant you see elbow another time?'

I am gutted but you all understand don'cha?!

Still coming down from Wednesday night, great expectations - aaagghh!!

Big love x

Sell your ticket and go the other night - they're doing two
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 21:25

Thanks for all the support with my tutu dilemma, i know i am crazy but hearing the elbow boys is my church! I now have to go to both nights, even though arenas not my thing....but would rather see them there than not at all.
OMG my lager blanks are slowly filling in from cambridge, i was singing along to weather to fly really loud in the toilels.....my singing is about as good as cheryl cole's (i.e. i cant at all) but at the time i thought i was fab probably - oh so mercifully free from the pressures of grace i was.

PS Please can we make the boys do forget myself!
Back to top Go down
jeanlucb
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 23:05

Quote :
flossietoo wrote:

I think that the guy on tip-toes was a French photographer called Jean-Luc Benazet. His website is imaginatively called jeanlucbenazet.com and I think that the very high-angle shots would be the ones he took by poking the camera in Guy's face. It looks as though some of the photographers crammed in front of the stage were not press but commercial ones. Usually venues give the photographers two songs. When they were still there after that I got a bit irritated and might, possibly, have accidentally poked one of them. Very relieved when they crept for the exit.

<rant>I think @Flossietoo you should check your facts... before giving a bad name to people and saying things about them! I'm the French photographer, and I was not tip-toeing at all. I was on the left of the stage, and never went past there. I shot at a very high angle either because I'm 6ft3 or because I use a 70-200mm lens. The guy on tip-toes was probably the guy shooting for The Line of Best Fit (http://www.thelineofbestfit.com), his pictures should be online sometimes soon. Also, usually photographers are given 3 songs/no flash as a rule, and not by the venue but by the press office of the artist. And those three songs were very long ones at that gig. Also what do you call press & commercial photographers !? Are they not the same ? You think some guys came and shot the band for free ? However awesome are Elbow, and believe me they are, nobody in their sane mind would go there and shoot them for free, apart from me maybe...

One last thing, I got poked once by a moron at a gig, and he probably still remembers it to that date. So do not poke photographers at gigs, they are just doing their job.

And what is your website address again, just to see if you have any brains at all... <rant />
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 23:10

OOOH it's kicking off.

I have no issue with photographers in a pit. It's at gigs without pits where they push through, think they have the right to block everyone's view who has paid to see the gig and take lots of pictures with noisy clicking shutters during slow songs.

as Jean says though, pit photographers is generally three songs, no flash. I was stood at the side at Cambridge and I could see the guy with the long arms. I was surprised Guy didn't take the camera off him, it must have been very offputting - I can see why the front row got annoyed with him.
Back to top Go down
jeanlucb
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 23:17

I'm not going to bad mouth a colleague... so end of the story for me. Just wanted to clear my name Smile

And actually, the venue liked my photos so much that they put them up in their Flickr feed:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thejunctioncambridge/sets/72157626187790818/

And for the fans I also took pictures of them in 2008 @
http://www.jeanlucbenazet.com/blog/music-photography/elbow-corn-exchange-cambridge/

Peace!
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 23:40

Much appreciation for all of the shared photos and videos. I'm glad that everyone had a wonderful time at the gig.
Back to top Go down
Scuzzboy24
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 17:26

It was an excellent gig, but I couldn't find any reviews on-line (apart from this thread), so I had to write one myself...

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/live/elbow-cambridge-junction

Don't slag it off - it's my first go (my girlfriend usually does them but she was sick and couldn't go, and now she hates me...)
Back to top Go down
Emylou123
fallen angel
fallen angel
Emylou123

Female Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 18:25

Scuzzboy24 wrote:
It was an excellent gig, but I couldn't find any reviews on-line (apart from this thread), so I had to write one myself...

Don't slag it off - it's my first go (my girlfriend usually does them but she was sick and couldn't go, and now she hates me...)

Hi scuzzboy24, I will far from slag u off on that review - you wrote it perfect to a tee on how the night and the music was - a perfect review for a perfect night!! Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 18:42

Scuzzboy24 wrote:

Really good review mate - just wish I cudda been there !

Well Done ! Cool
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 19:03

Absolutely cracking review Scuzzy - you've really got a way with words! ....and welcome to the forum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 19:29

Last edited by Toasted Toast on Mon 19 Jul 2021, 00:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fragrant_monkey
fallen angel
fallen angel
fragrant_monkey

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 19:37

Wholeheartedly agree with the others about Scuzzboy24's review; well worth checking it out.
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 20:13

Review brought back fab memories, lovely thank you.
Classic, my 5 year old son fred came up behind me when i was watching the great expectations clip, he said 'i like elbow but guy is not as good a dancer as michael jackson'. Bless how their little minds work.Hope that doesn't come as too much of a blow to guy!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 20:15

So he's a good dancer, just not as good as MJ.

Does he consider him better than Justin Timberlake, I wonder?
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 00:14

wait, what? a 5 year old knows who michael jackson is?!

I shall ask my son in the morning Smile

[Mod edit: Audio of gig can be found in http://elbow.heavenforum.org/t1373-cambridge-junction-warm-up-gig-2nd-march-2011]
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 07:43

What a great review brings back lovely memories of a fanatastic evening.
Back to top Go down
djvh
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 16:14

@andy_landy much much love!!

awesome you are.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 16:56

Andy Landy - yer a legend mate ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Mar 2011, 16:58

Staggeringly good quality recording. Love it.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next