elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!

Go down 
+43
Scuzzboy24
jeanlucb
oneofthethree
ukkonen
BigAL
fragrant_monkey
flossietoo
Darcy
JK
lippykid
RDHawkins
barclayender
scotochromagen
Emylou123
HattyMarris
Glendarian
supadom
hilaryg
Cestriansteve
djvh
SamD
AyannaD
Kim
emma
mrswoman
mitchy
ChrissieInFL
nellie
arsefrom
Mr Woman
MagicalTrevor
FLUFF75
sparky
lucky with disease
andy_landy
Misspelt Yoof
Jones
Lynne
ChrissyBoy
errant
ticky
My Bury Vest
LongLegs
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
arsefrom
fallen angel
fallen angel
arsefrom

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 16:59

Awesome photos all!

Any more crown shots - would love to spot myself (and my big grinning head!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.morhall.com
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 17:02

fragrant_monkey wrote:
For those who like to see the pictures, see my set on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24599347@N00/sets/72157626067816049/

When I can sort out uploading the video, I will also have full length clips of Great Expectations (one for Emma) and Station Approach. (Pictures are OK but the sound is not great on the camera I was using which is not intended to do proper video).

P.S.: Kim, Emma - Dr P has the original of Guy's set list with the handwritten addition on it that is mentioned by Kim above. With luck I can get a copy for you, which would be much better than just my rather awkward upside-down photo. PM me and we'll sort something out.

Excellent photos! And I would really really love to see both the video of Great Expectations and a picture of the setlist!! I'll PM you about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 17:26

Here's a video I made of Puncture Repair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SE6CBYSQ4U&feature=channel_video_title

I didn't want to hold the camera up the whole time so unfortunately the video is mainly two heads with a bit of Guy in between...
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 17:32

Yes - mine and Dave's!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 17:39

ticky wrote:
Yes - mine and Dave's!! Laughing

Hahaha oh yes it is! Your hair is covering your face but you can see Dave really gets into the song!
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 17:59

great pics - someone needs to have a word with Pete about that hat though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Darcy
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 18:19

Blimey - is it always this nice and friendly in here? I've never seen a more loved-up, less embittered fan forum. But that reflects the band I suppose - listening to Elbow's music's like getting a hug sometimes. Lovely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 19:04

Last edited by Toasted Toast on Mon 19 Jul 2021, 00:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 19:06

I loved Pete's hat!
Any road, guys i need your help.I got invited to a drinks reception with Archbishop Desmond Tutu, absolute hero and legend - bounced home with excitement then realised it was same night of elbow 02, so i said no. Everyone i have spoken to thinks i am mad and can you believe this question 'cant you see elbow another time?'

I am gutted but you all understand don'cha?!

Still coming down from Wednesday night, great expectations - aaagghh!!

Big love x
Back to top Go down
djvh
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 19:12

@mitchy I understand!
Back to top Go down
BigAL
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 21:12

Twice in a life time experience???

Hello all, just like a few others on here, I'm a newbie too (I read many forums but hardly ever post) but just felt I needed to share my experience with fellow Elbow fans seeing as you guys seem like a nice bunch. I too was at Cambridge Wednesday night, along with my dad (regular gigging partner) and me sis and what a great night it was I'm sure u will all agree. Thing is, I feel so damn lucky and here's why...

The 'twice in a life time' thing....

I was lucky enough to see Elbow at The Royal Festival Hall which totally blew me (and me dad) away. That was a truely amazing evening what with the male choir and all and I never thought that I would see anything quite like that again. Then a year or so later I get the e-mail from the mailing list about the warm up gig at the Junction. I can't believe my eyes as I go to see a lot of bands there and know just how intimate the place is. I'm straight onto the ticket site and noooooooo, sold out! I take another look at my e-mail and realize it's a few days old (I'm not one to check me mail every day). Totally gutted. I mention it to me old man who wished I never told him seeing as there is nothing we can do about it now. So fast forward to Wednesday 2nd of March, I'm at work and I get a call from my sister saying she's just got hold of tickets for the gig! I'm gob smacked. She had received an e-mail fron ENTS24 about the gig and to call the number. On the off chance, she did just that, spoke to a very nice guy at the Junction who said he had just received a few tickets back from the promoter and they are for sale if we want them, erm yes please! cue massive smile on my face (and a little dancing around the office) and a trip up to cambridge straight from work.

Totally amazing night, very special and now I'm having trouble deciding which gig was the best one! Certainly both (to me) were a once in a lifetime experience - if that's possible? but I'm sure you'll know what I mean? haha

Anyway, sorry for the long post (well done if you got this far) and keep enjoying the wonders of Elbow.

x
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 21:28

Nice one BigAl, and Welcome !

Really pleased for you, that you got that stroke of luck - must admit, looking at the size of the place from a couple of pics, it looks very intimate, so all good !

You keep posting mate, this place seems to have doubled in literally a few days !
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 21:31

Darcy wrote:
Blimey - is it always this nice and friendly in here? I've never seen a more loved-up, less embittered fan forum. But that reflects the band I suppose - listening to Elbow's music's like getting a hug sometimes. Lovely.

Yes Darcy, it's great on here - no time for bitter idiots - we all love Elbow so get stuck in kidder ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JK
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Cambridge Junction -Starlings   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 21:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf1p31XuEE&feature=feedlik
Starlings magic from Cambridge Junction 3/3/2011. More to follow
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 21:34

djvh wrote:
@mitchy I understand!

And so do I ! Non believers of all things Elbow, pah !
Back to top Go down
fragrant_monkey
fallen angel
fallen angel
fragrant_monkey

Male Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 21:48

Great Expectations, featuring a short dedication to Facebook Emma at the start:

[Deleted]

Station Approach, with banter at the start:

[Deleted]

EDITED:

Sorry - the original posting of these videos on flickr didn't support the file size so you only had a clip. I'll try and sort out a youtube post (but it's playing up for me at the moment).

Last edited by fragrant_monkey on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 22:27; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 21:49

My Bury Vest wrote:
- no time for bitter idiots -

To be fair...we've had our moments. Thankfully few and far between.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 22:09

MagicalTrevor wrote:
My Bury Vest wrote:

i know mate, i think it's certainly the fans, in general, reflecting the band, AS PEOPLE.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 22:20

flossietoo wrote:
He was a thoroughly decent bloke who has been going to Elbow gigs for years and is also going to the Birmingham and Manchester dates on the current tour - he didn't deserve to be sworn at by a stranger.

Yeah I can see that... Fair enough if he just wasn't going to sell it to her at all. She really wasn't doing herself any favours. I hope his friend that had the accident is ok. D:

fragrant_monkey wrote:
A belated Hello from a newbie - encouraged to sign up and participate by all the warm-hearted people I met in the cold, bright Cambridge afternoon sun - especially Ticky, Jones, Kim & David; you were great company during our long vigil. So pleased that you seem to have made a full night of the event by getting to the after party.

Wahey, top bloke! Great to see you finally on here. Very Happy

ChrissyBoy wrote:
great pics - someone needs to have a word with Pete about that hat though Laughing

Aww I loved Pete's hat. I wonder if his hair is just too unruly... rarely see him not donned in a hat of some kind. scratch

BigAL wrote:
Hello all, just like a few others on here, I'm a newbie too (I read many forums but hardly ever post) but just felt I needed to share my experience with fellow Elbow fans seeing as you guys seem like a nice bunch. I too was at Cambridge Wednesday night, along with my dad (regular gigging partner) and me sis and what a great night it was I'm sure u will all agree. Thing is, I feel so damn lucky and here's why...

Great story Al, so pleased that you got tickets at the last minute!

My Bury Vest wrote:
MagicalTrevor wrote:
My Bury Vest wrote:

i know mate, i think it's certainly the fans, in general, reflecting the band, AS PEOPLE.

The lads have a way of bringing out the best in us eh? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
flossietoo
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Tippy-toes photographer   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 22:44

arsefrom wrote:
Emylou123 - I bet!!! And you Emma - proper jammy ;-)

Let's hope Guy and the lads never allow fame to taint them like so many great bands before. They are so bl00dy humble and grounded, love 'em!

Anyone else think that Open Arms is going to perhaps replace One Day Like This as their anthemic gig closer? LOVED IT!

Also - what the hell was wrong with those 'pro' photographers at the beginning? One idiot was holding his camera at arms length and on tip-toes. Man, he really irritated me. Could hear his shutter in Guy's microphone at one point. Grrr.

I think that the guy on tip-toes was a French photographer called Jean-Luc Benazet. His website is imaginatively called jeanlucbenazet.com and I think that the very high-angle shots would be the ones he took by poking the camera in Guy's face. It looks as though some of the photographers crammed in front of the stage were not press but commercial ones. Usually venues give the photographers two songs. When they were still there after that I got a bit irritated and might, possibly, have accidentally poked one of them. Very relieved when they crept for the exit.
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 05:31

Darcy wrote:

I wasn't sure if other Elbow fans are as lovely as the people here, but I've come across various Elbow fans on other website and they have to be the nicest individuals who love the band as much as we do. Great people. Smile Welcome to the forum.

This gig sounded like a blast, even though the entire Mirrin situation sounded like a huge pain to deal with. At least the crowd reacted in the right way. Very Happy

It's going to be interesting to see what stays and what goes once the album is released and everyone has heard it enough to know the lyrics of the new songs. I'm sort of hoping for a removal of ODLT in the setlist... Then again, the setlist I would choose would end up being overly nostalgic (in a good way).
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 10:00

Just browsing through all the amazing pics and videos, still smiling from what has to be one of the best nights ever, it's up there with my wedding day - but don't tell my other half. So glad a few got to go backstage, you lucky devils!

Roll on Nottingham and 02 cannot wait and of course Monday for the album - I'm in heaven!

....and PS Mitchy I quite understand your dilemma and decision!! Very Happy

PPS on a downside I did hear Mirrin in the toilet yelling expletives, which I cannot repeat on such a wonderful Forum, on her mobile at a friend regarding the ticket situation and how she wasn't a happy bunny shall we say, so unfortunately she didn't get my sympathy vote. Haven't heard language like that in a while!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 10:44

flossietoo wrote:
arsefrom wrote:
Emylou123 - I bet!!! And you Emma - proper jammy ;-)

Let's hope Guy and the lads never allow fame to taint them like so many great bands before. They are so bl00dy humble and grounded, love 'em!

Anyone else think that Open Arms is going to perhaps replace One Day Like This as their anthemic gig closer? LOVED IT!

Also - what the hell was wrong with those 'pro' photographers at the beginning? One idiot was holding his camera at arms length and on tip-toes. Man, he really irritated me. Could hear his shutter in Guy's microphone at one point. Grrr.

I think that the guy on tip-toes was a French photographer called Jean-Luc Benazet. His website is imaginatively called jeanlucbenazet.com and I think that the very high-angle shots would be the ones he took by poking the camera in Guy's face. It looks as though some of the photographers crammed in front of the stage were not press but commercial ones. Usually venues give the photographers two songs. When they were still there after that I got a bit irritated and might, possibly, have accidentally poked one of them. Very relieved when they crept for the exit.

He's got some rather fab photos though.

http://www.jeanlucbenazet.com/blog/music-photography/elbow-the-junction-cambridge/
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 12:43

barclayender wrote:

Sounds fair enough to me. She turned up behind me in the crowd during the soundcheck and attempted to shove through to the front, past people who'd been queuing for ages outside, claiming she should be allowed because "it's my birthday" and "I've come all the way from London". A rude and aggressive attention seeker.

Well, it wasn't my birthday and I didn't come 'all the way from London' but after a 5am start to get to Dublin Airport on time and then queueing from 2.30pm, I sure wasn't going to let her past me! I am generally quite a nice person but when it comes to my spot in the queue, I'l defend it with all my Taek-Wan-Do prowess!
Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Karate-karate-martial-arts-self-defence-smiley-emoticon-000196-large
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 14:01

Jones wrote:
I am generally quite a nice person but when it comes to my spot in the queue, I'l defend it with all my Taek-Wan-Do prowess!
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next