elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!

Go down 
+43
Scuzzboy24
jeanlucb
oneofthethree
ukkonen
BigAL
fragrant_monkey
flossietoo
Darcy
JK
lippykid
RDHawkins
barclayender
scotochromagen
Emylou123
HattyMarris
Glendarian
supadom
hilaryg
Cestriansteve
djvh
SamD
AyannaD
Kim
emma
mrswoman
mitchy
ChrissieInFL
nellie
arsefrom
Mr Woman
MagicalTrevor
FLUFF75
sparky
lucky with disease
andy_landy
Misspelt Yoof
Jones
Lynne
ChrissyBoy
errant
ticky
My Bury Vest
LongLegs
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 22:08

lippykid wrote:
Are their tickets about still ?

What about the AC/DC back in black moment !!!!

Ahahah, yeah, I really thought Mark would play it after that first chord. Very Happy There may still be limited tickets to the other gigs, there are a few listed in the Offered section of the forum here or if Ticketmaster et al don't have any you'd be looking at the likes of eBay, Seatwave and so on.

My Bury Vest wrote:
Great Expectations would be a more than happy swap for Newborn if we can't have both.....let's hope I can curb my drink before the gigs....*ahem* Give me Beer

Both ideally...! I can't imagine they'd keep Newborn out of the majority of the tour. No drinkies for me though, I get emotional enough, if I started on the vodka I'd probably have a breakdown, haha.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 22:18

RDHawkins wrote:
I'm still not sure why you would be in any queue for a gig with a spare ticket in your pocket? Especially an elbow gig.

Ah another newcomer, welcome!! The ranks are growing. Very Happy

What I didn't understand was why the guy was asking for so much when she clearly wasn't going to pay it. I mean she was being a pain in the arse about it too but it just seemed really greedy on his part, and the bit that annoys me most is that the ticket just went to waste. Mad
Back to top Go down
JK
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 22:45

I get the feeling he would have sold her the ticket for a reasonable amount if she wasn't such a pain in the arse,
wanting to know how much he'd paid for the ticket and ultimately trying to tell him how much he should sell it for !
If she had a better attitude then I am thinking she would have been better treated including the rest of the crowd who 'booed' her when she started shouting out in the middle of the show!

Didn't distract from a fantastic night... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 22:53

JK wrote:
If she had a better attitude then I am thinking she would have been better treated including the rest of the crowd who 'booed' her when she started shouting out in the middle of the show!

Welcome welcome! Yeah I guess so, she certainly wasn't doing herself any favours. She was hanging around until the end of the night trying to get into the afterparty and pissing all the security guys off too, haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 22:55

Last edited by Toasted Toast on Mon 19 Jul 2021, 00:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 23:05

Queen Ali wrote:
Blimey! Yes, I am indeed, well spotted!

Thank you Smile Going to both London shows so far - going with some friends on the 28th and taking my dad to the show on the 29th. Told him about it last night while he was still on his post-Cambridge high, he's even more excited than me now!

Nice one. Smile I used to frequent the Muse forums (my name is Mikky on there) but never felt like I quite fit in... haha. I took shelter here instead. Muse and Elbow are my joint fave bands though. You know, I get the feeling I may even have met you a few times waiting silly early for Muse...

I'd definitely recommend going to the MEN show if you can. There is definitely that something extra special seeing them in Manchester!
Back to top Go down
Darcy
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 23:08

Hello, another newbie here. With all this talk of tickets changing hands for "undisclosed sums", I just wanted to say - partly to reaffirm any lost faith in human nature, but mainly just to show off - that I had a spare ticket last night so I gave it to a teenage boy who was at the box office virtually begging to be let in. He tried to pay me for it, but I said he could just buy me a drink in return, though he ended up just giving me three quid cos he was too young to get served. In retrospect, it probably looked like I was trying to groom him... Anyway, it looked like it had made his year, so I felt suitably pious.

Fantastic, fantastic show. Cambridge News review is here: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Entertainment/Live-Reviews/Elbow.htm
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 23:19

Darcy wrote:
Fantastic, fantastic show. Cambridge News review is here: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Entertainment/Live-Reviews/Elbow.htm

Welcome Darcy and thanks for the link! Quite a nice little review - and it's reminded me of another great bit of the night, Guy doing the little elephant trumpet blow at the end of Starlings. That one had me in stitches. XD

Top bloke for giving your ticket away!! That deserves a certain amount of basking in smugness. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 23:28

Lynne wrote:

Just noticed this on the twitter feed posted from Craig

"Thanks to everyone at Cambridge last night. It goes down as one of the best x"

Very Happy Very Happy

One from Jupp too. Very Happy

"Massive thanks to all those at the warm up in Cambridge,what a cracking start!!!..my head hurts."

Somehow I think Pete had a worse hangover...
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 07:56

Darcy wrote:
Hello, another newbie here. With all this talk of tickets changing hands for "undisclosed sums", I just wanted to say - partly to reaffirm any lost faith in human nature, but mainly just to show off - that I had a spare ticket last night so I gave it to a teenage boy who was at the box office virtually begging to be let in. He tried to pay me for it, but I said he could just buy me a drink in return, though he ended up just giving me three quid cos he was too young to get served. In retrospect, it probably looked like I was trying to groom him... Anyway, it looked like it had made his year, so I felt suitably pious.

Yer a legend my friend, good on yer ! sunny
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 08:42

Darcy wrote:

Hi Darcy - welcome to the forum. That is such a lovely thing you did, you really made that lad's night. It's really typical of people on this forum to do nice things for others. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 10:04

[quote="ticky"]
Darcy wrote:

*Waves* that's bloomin' wonderful. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 10:08

Dear God - I'm still buzzing!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 11:04

Wow, so good to read it was such a top, top night with new folk coming out of the woodwork here as well. Ace! What with that, the Culture Show and Monday, the momentum for the tour is just going to be HUGE. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
flossietoo
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Defending a decent bloke!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 11:33

JK wrote:
I get the feeling he would have sold her the ticket for a reasonable amount if she wasn't such a pain in the arse,
wanting to know how much he'd paid for the ticket and ultimately trying to tell him how much he should sell it for !

I was standing right by this guy in the queue and the reason he had the ticket was that his friend had been in a car crash the day before the gig. He had brought it along just in case he could pass it on and had already said he'd let it go for face value to a fan. Unfortunately, the girl in question was so aggressive she very quickly put his back up, so much so that he wouldn't have sold it to her for any money. He was a thoroughly decent bloke who has been going to Elbow gigs for years and is also going to the Birmingham and Manchester dates on the current tour - he didn't deserve to be sworn at by a stranger.
Back to top Go down
barclayender
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 12:15

flossietoo wrote:
JK wrote:

I was standing right by this guy in the queue and the reason he had the ticket was that his friend had been in a car crash the day before the gig. He had brought it along just in case he could pass it on and had already said he'd let it go for face value to a fan. Unfortunately, the girl in question was so aggressive she very quickly put his back up, so much so that he wouldn't have sold it to her for any money. He was a thoroughly decent bloke who has been going to Elbow gigs for years and is also going to the Birmingham and Manchester dates on the current tour - he didn't deserve to be sworn at by a stranger.

Sounds fair enough to me. She turned up behind me in the crowd during the soundcheck and attempted to shove through to the front, past people who'd been queuing for ages outside, claiming she should be allowed because "it's my birthday" and "I've come all the way from London". A rude and aggressive attention seeker.
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 12:59

London to Cambridge. What's that: 50 miles? Silly ***. Laughing

I'm not tarring everyone from that London with the same brush, by any means, but there does seem to be a little bit of complacency with some people who have come to expect that everything happens on their doorstep and think it's a big deal to go outside of the M25's comforting embrace.
Back to top Go down
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 13:28

to be fair to her, I'm never keen on making the reverse journey (gig in london, from cambridge). yes, it's easy to get there - direct train takes 45min and goes twice an hour. getting back home on the other hand is a right royal pain. think a 2 hour journey full of drunken people stopping at every. single. station. along the way. and even then you've only got as far as the station!
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 13:53

Mr Woman wrote:
London to Cambridge. What's that: 50 miles? Silly ***. Laughing

I'm not tarring everyone from that London with the same brush, by any means, but there does seem to be a little bit of complacency with some people who have come to expect that everything happens on their doorstep and think it's a big deal to go outside of the M25's comforting embrace.

I should hope not!!!

If she wasn't so annoying during the gig, shouting and pushing us I would have no issue, but she was a right royal pain in the backside for much of it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
fragrant_monkey
fallen angel
fallen angel
fragrant_monkey

Male Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 14:40

A belated Hello from a newbie - encouraged to sign up and participate by all the warm-hearted people I met in the cold, bright Cambridge afternoon sun - especially Ticky, Jones, Kim & David; you were great company during our long vigil. So pleased that you seem to have made a full night of the event by getting to the after party.

I'm still trying to get my head round just how special the whole event was. From the sublime (Great Expectations, Some Riot, Puncture Repair, Station Approach were my old-time treats), through the wonders of the new material (The Night will Always WIn, Open Arms & Lippy Kids stood out) to the ridiculous (ACDC, Rapping, & Mirrin's oft- and loudly-acclaimed birthday).

For those who like to see the pictures, see my set on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24599347@N00/sets/72157626067816049/

When I can sort out uploading the video, I will also have full length clips of Great Expectations (one for Emma) and Station Approach. (Pictures are OK but the sound is not great on the camera I was using which is not intended to do proper video).

P.S.: Kim, Emma - Dr P has the original of Guy's set list with the handwritten addition on it that is mentioned by Kim above. With luck I can get a copy for you, which would be much better than just my rather awkward upside-down photo. PM me and we'll sort something out.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 14:48

fragrant_monkey wrote:
A belated Hello from a newbie - encouraged to sign up and participate by all the warm-hearted people I met in the cold, bright Cambridge afternoon sun - especially Ticky, Jones, Kim & David; you were great company during our long vigil. So pleased that you seem to have made a full night of the event by getting to the after party.

I'm still trying to get my head round just how special the whole event was. From the sublime (Great Expectations, Some Riot, Puncture Repair, Station Approach were my old-time treats), through the wonders of the new material (The Night will Always WIn, Open Arms & Lippy Kids stood out) to the ridiculous (ACDC, Rapping, & Mirrin's oft- and loudly-acclaimed birthday).

For those who like to see the pictures, see my set on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24599347@N00/sets/72157626067816049/

When I can sort out uploading the video, I will also have full length clips of Great Expectations (one for Emma) and Station Approach. (Pictures are OK but the sound is not great on the camera I was using which is not intended to do proper video).

P.S.: Kim, Emma - Dr P has the original of Guy's set list with the handwritten addition on it that is mentioned by Kim above. With luck I can get a copy for you, which would be much better than just my rather awkward upside-down photo. PM me and we'll sort something out.

Wonderful pictures FM ! And welcome to this wonderful and ever expanding forum ! My word, the venue looks really small - lucky disciples, you ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 15:23

Brilliant photos, fragrant_monkey, thanks so much for sharing those! And welcome to you, and all the other new folks here - lovely to have y'all! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
flossietoo
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: photos of cambridge gig   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 15:49

Oh - it never occurred to me that any of you might be interested in seeing my pictures....I put them on Flickr too. You can't miss them - they are the only ones which aren't spaniels: www.flickr.com/photos/clarechick
Amazing night - best Elbow gig I've attended and so wonderful to see them in a small venue. Eee, it teks you back...
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 15:53

I'm delighted you've joined out little group FM - outstanding photos! I particularly love the one of Craig glowering over the keyboard - he looks positively satanic!

By the way, does anyone know what the filming was for?
Back to top Go down
djvh
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 16:42

@fragrant monkey i'm in one of your crowd pics with the scary looking man behind my right shoulder! my mrs was telling me to step back if i could... but i couldn't, he was there and not happy looking. hopefully his emotions were inside and he was enjoying himself! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!   Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warm Up Gig - 2nd March - Cambridge Junction!!!
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next