elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin

Go down 
+2
Misspelt Yoof
Jones
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 11:25

No official confirmation, but yesterday at Oxegen there were loads of posters up for the Coldplay show on the 14th September here in Dublin and it had Elbow as the support!
I already bought a ticket for it anyway, so it's win/win!
Still think it should be the other way around though! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 13:53

Jones wrote:
No official confirmation, but yesterday at Oxegen there were loads of posters up for the Coldplay show on the 14th September here in Dublin and it had Elbow as the support!
I already bought a ticket for it anyway, so it's win/win!
Still think it should be the other way around though! Twisted Evil
From the latest Coldplay mailout...
Quote :
Wonderful Bury tunesmiths Elbow have joined White Lies on the bill for Coldplay's show at Dublin's Phoenix Park on 14th September. Click here if you'd like to buy tickets or check out the full list of upcoming Coldplay shows, plus support bills.
Back to top Go down
ChrisMcW
fallen angel
fallen angel
ChrisMcW

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 10:55

Now to search my soul as to whether i should see Coldplay Sad
Back to top Go down
Cozzer
little beast
little beast
Cozzer

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 19:58

ChrisMcW wrote:
Now to search my soul as to whether i should see Coldplay Sad

One has bags of soul and the other ... is U2 lite an insult? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 08:33

Tsk, tsk, tsk!
I like Coldplay...
In fact I had the ticket for this bought before I knew my fave band were doing the support!
Whether you like Coldplay's music or not, it seems to make a lot of people happy and I for one, think that can only be a good thing. I love you
Ok, (slight) rant over... silent
Really looking forward to this one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 08:43

Saw them at Bolton Reebok on the X&Y Tour with Elbow as support in '05, and I absolutley loved the show, totally blew me away. Not that much of a fan of the latest album, despite liking their new image, but can't really fault them prior to it. Remember when Elbow came on, it was a dirty, wet and windy Tuesday evening about 7pm and the stadium was very sparse, but their music just warmed me beautifully, as usual. I swear there were barely 10 people singing along among the hardy few.

Personally speaking, The Scientist and Shiver are just a few steps behing Mirrorball and Puncture Repair.
Back to top Go down
ChrisMcW
fallen angel
fallen angel
ChrisMcW

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 10:49

I saw Coldplay in Belfast on their "Rush Of Blood To The Head" tour, with Idlewild in support - it was a brilliant show I have to say. First album and parts of the second album are brilliant, their early b-sides too are great, just X&Y and Viva are so polished and lacking charm that they've gone down in my estimation, maybe it's the producers or the band, but for me slick isn't the way forward, songs like sparks and we never change are where they excel.
Back to top Go down
Cozzer
little beast
little beast
Cozzer

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 15:04

Jones wrote:
Tsk, tsk, tsk!
I like Coldplay...
In fact I had the ticket for this bought before I knew my fave band were doing the support!
Whether you like Coldplay's music or not, it seems to make a lot of people happy and I for one, think that can only be a good thing. I love you
Ok, (slight) rant over... silent
Really looking forward to this one! Very Happy

I've heard good reports of their live shows. Saw a recent one from Japan (?) on tv and found it overly stylised for my tastes. However, you must admit they do try hard to emulate the boys from Dublin. But if they make you happy then that's cool ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 22:01

Went to see Coldplay last year (B'ham), seats terrible, band the size of ants but the show was great. Again not a fan of their latest stuff, earlier two albums amazing.

Tickets are still available. Might surrpise the other half for his birthday. He loves Coldplay and Elbow. A win win situation as far as I'm concerned. To get to see Elbow again before they go into hibernation would be amazing!!
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 23:26

Tickets and flights booked.

Ohhhh, I'm a happy bunny!!
Back to top Go down
Cozzer
little beast
little beast
Cozzer

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 08:27

Lynne wrote:
Went to see Coldplay last year (B'ham), seats terrible, band the size of ants but the show was great. Again not a fan of their latest stuff, earlier two albums amazing.

Tickets are still available. Might surrpise the other half for his birthday. He loves Coldplay and Elbow. A win win situation as far as I'm concerned. To get to see Elbow again before they go into hibernation would be amazing!!

Have Elbow indicated how long they plan to be off the road? Suspect a while if they're writing/recording a new album. Plus they've been at it for a couple of years non-stop. Good stamina from the boys from Bury. Cool
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 08:34

I think all that I've heard is that, tentatively, the new material is due out late 2010, so it's gonna be at least 12 months out of the live scene, you'd imagine. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin   Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supporting Coldplay 14th Sept in Dublin
Page 1 of 1