elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros

Go down 
+16
Tailfly
MagicalTrevor
Grant
My Bury Vest
ticky
ChrissieInFL
WOBLEwoble
josephblack
al
fadeupyoursmile
Jones
Stockhaus
nellie
sundaygirl
lucky with disease
mrswoman
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 07:43

I'll need four. Hmmm....logisitcs are going to be weird. I think someone (was it Jones or mrswoman) who found some on ebay - 26 for something like £5.50? Maybe we can send to whoever deicides to order (and cart) them a PM with how many we need - and either get the money to them before the event or at the big hootenany before the show! Which ever they prefer.

God I am SO looking forward to this.

OH I KNOW! If a bunch of us are meeting up before the Halle shows we can have a council of war and also hand over some of the sombrero dosh!!!

bounce
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 09:10

Stockhaus wrote:
yes! during MS they must be on! i mean how fun would that be, MS kicks in and a pack of peopel put sombreros on!

Oh yes, I think that would be brilliant!!! We all put our sombreros on when MS starts!
We will be like a secret society! Razz
And it will look fabulous!!!
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 09:17

Jones wrote:
Stockhaus wrote:
yes! during MS they must be on! i mean how fun would that be, MS kicks in and a pack of peopel put sombreros on!

Oh yes, I think that would be brilliant!!! We all put our sombreros on when MS starts!
We will be like a secret society! Razz
And it will look fabulous!!!
hahahahaha secret society!
first i was a bit like "sombreros?? naaah...." to this, but i really want one to put on during MS, it will be wicked!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 09:41

I think the band would get a big kick out of it!

(I hope. Maybe they'll think we're nuts?)
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 15:40

sundaygirl wrote:
I think the band would get a big kick out of it!

(I hope. Maybe they'll think we're nuts?)
I think a bit of both actually.
But yea I think they'll enjoy it, it did say in the email that they wanted us to come and "celebrate" with Elbow, so here we are, celebrating Mexican style!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 18:09

They will LOVE it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 20:12

they'll think that hats are following them Razz the last two times i've gone to see them, there's been a hat on stage Razz sombrero first time, and trilby second Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 06:48

I can't commit to a sombrero (rainbow or otherwise) until nearer the time, as the logistics still need to be worked out for getting to the MEN in September.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 07:34

You know - thinking of The Church of Elbow thread....this MEN gig is taking on the dimensions of a pilgrimage, the the Rock Lourdes, people coming from ALL over. I feel slightly less righteous as I only need to take the 85 to town.

I really do hope you and the missus make it there MT...
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 07:41

Totally agree Sunday Girl on both points, just the tram from Whitefield into Victoria.......'a pilgrimage' is exactly how I see it............. Cool
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 10:34

THERE ARE SOME STANDING TICKETS AVAILABLE ON SEE TICKETS!!!!! HURRY!!!!
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 15:44

sundaygirl wrote:
You know - thinking of The Church of Elbow thread....this MEN gig is taking on the dimensions of a pilgrimage, the the Rock Lourdes, people coming from ALL over. I feel slightly less righteous as I only need to take the 85 to town.

Ha! Wish I could make the pilgrimage too...the sight of all y'all in your sombreros would be worth the trip on its own! Just too far for me to come, though...driving 9 hours up to see them in Atlanta in the fall is the best I can do! Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Car210
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 19:33

some standing tickets on SEATWAVE - £45

SEE TICKETS standing all gone !
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 19:34

I bet anything that more will come. I'm sure of it!! Keep checking!!!

And READ YOUR EMAILS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 May 2009, 12:39

I'm going to keep checking for tickets, but I still need to find a way to get up to Machester... it's only 45 minutes or so down the M62 but i don't think the parents will give me a lift lol! I'm determined not to miss the first Church of Elbow pilgrimage!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 18:55

Heh, it's great to see so many up for a laugh with this. Or should I say, pledged to the Pilgrammage under the new Church of the Honourable Order of Elbowies, or whatever we are now What a Face

I'm sure I can order a few, as well as other folk? Depends on how many want hats/are going, what time we're meeting up, where etc. (It's a two and a bit hour drive from here, just to geomap on t'other conversation).

Is it wise to wait till we have a list of names, a month or so before the MEN meet-up? Or are there lots of people who want them for Halle?
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 19:08

I like Nellie's idea - maybe a few of us could each other, like 5 or 10 and bring them to the gig. I don't mind carrying them on the bus. As my journey is the shortest I somehow feel a bit guilty and like have to make up Pilgrimage brownie points...like a penance.

Sorry, re-reading your post, scenes from Life of Brian flashed through my mind - all the different, squabbling religious factions all with slightly different names. Hope that doesn’t happen to us!

The United Elbow People’s Front

The People's United Elbow Front

Elbow United People's Front...
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 19:12

Just curious - do the number of stars you have represent your stature in the Church? I assume MT is a cardinal...or the Pope? So those with 5 stars, are they Bishops? 4 stars Priests? 3...newly ordained? 2...novices? 1.....alter boys?
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 19:20

From 1 persons tiny comment look at how far it has gone! Oh I do love this forum! I love you
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 19:24

Arrow Ditto.

Except I have to do penance now cos I should have posted this on the Church of Elbow thread.

So, what...4 Any Day Nows, and 3 Grace Under Pressures. Right, better get started.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 19:28

Aye, "(Thread) Splitter!!!" Razz

After 5 Asleep in the Backs and the riff from Grounds, go in peace my child.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 19:30

Am I absolved? Yay!! Penance is fun!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 20:32

sundaygirl wrote:
I think that the men should be in those black sombreros, and the ladies in the pink ones AND mirrorball earrings.

I'll need to find some clip-on mirrorball earrings then... not getting my ears pierced just for that haha!!

Andy_landy made a good point on another thread - he joked that he doesn't mind sombreros as long as they're not blocking his view. If there are tons of us with sombreros, won't we be making it a lot more difficult for everyone behind us to see? I for one am planning on being at the front too!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 20:35

sundaygirl wrote:
Someone had done that at Delamere and as you can see from my photo it achieved the desired result!

It was so perfect when Guy put the sombrero on at Delamere!! I reckon we should get one for each Elboy though, not just Guy!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2009, 20:36

Kim wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:
I think that the men should be in those black sombreros, and the ladies in the pink ones AND mirrorball earrings.

I'll need to find some clip-on mirrorball earrings then... not getting my ears pierced just for that haha!!

Andy_landy made a good point on another thread - he joked that he doesn't mind sombreros as long as they're not blocking his view. If there are tons of us with sombreros, won't we be making it a lot more difficult for everyone behind us to see? I for one am planning on being at the front too!
I swear, stick on Tasches are the way forward...!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next