elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros

Go down 
+16
Tailfly
MagicalTrevor
Grant
My Bury Vest
ticky
ChrissieInFL
WOBLEwoble
josephblack
al
fadeupyoursmile
Jones
Stockhaus
nellie
sundaygirl
lucky with disease
mrswoman
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Empty
PostSubject: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeFri 01 May 2009, 23:20

Just to take this off the M.E.N. gig thread and sort what's what, who's up for

a) the Halle meetup

b) the M.E.N. meetup

c) wanting a sombrero?
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 00:12

I'm just a).... I already have one of geoff's hats Very Happy thankyou.

but should we have:

monday a) meet

wednesday a) meet

thursday a) meet

as not all are going to all Halle week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 16:03

Yes, think we should meet up for all three (EWGG and Halle) + MEN. Apparently there's an aftershow "party" at a bar near the venue for the EWGG - not sure if it's open before the event, but we could all meet up at a pub near there, lots around that area I think. And for the Halle shows there are a few nice pubs around there; the Britons Protection is I think across the street from the BW. Hmmm, how will we all recognize each other? I assume we won't be wearing sombreros to those gigs? Surprised

Besides ebay, where would one find a sombrero? What about the mirror ball earrings? I love that idea!!

Oooo, I am way too giddy and this is all months away.... bounce
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSat 02 May 2009, 16:19

Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:03

I'm up for meeting for everything, is it men in sombreros and ladies (we are ladies right?) in mirrorball earrings or what?
I'm wishing my life away wanting this to hurry up bounce
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:06

I think that the men should be in those black sombreros, and the ladies in the pink ones AND mirrorball earrings. Won't that look fabulous? Picture it; a sea of black and pink sombreros!!!

LOVE IT!! Oh I cannot wait!!!!

bounce
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:07

i actually got small red mirrorball earrings somewhere... hmm..
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:09

sundaygirl wrote:
I think that the men should be in those black sombreros, and the ladies in the pink ones AND mirrorball earrings. Won't that look fabulous? Picture it; a sea of black and pink sombreros!!!

bounce

Mmm. I think we should all have the same ones. You know, to separate us from the crowd!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:09

Ladies we have to keep our eyes open for that...didn't mrswoman say she could make some?
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:11

Jones wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:

bounce

Mmm. I think we should all have the same ones. You know, to separate us from the crowd!

Yeah...but wouldn't wearing sombreors separate us anyway?
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:14

I think Magic Trevor should have the rainbow colored one to distinguish him as our spiritual leader! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:19

If we get the time off work, i am more than up for a meet up for the MEN, and i will be going to stick on tasch ALA leaders video!

Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Periscopeupav2

http://www.shinyshack.com/product.php?prid=212578&pn=Stylish-Moustache-Set

Last edited by Sarah on Sun 03 May 2009, 18:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:20

Good idea, Mrs W said she had ex-christmas decs she could make the earrings with.
I'm too excited about this, everytime I think about it I get all giddy, keep getting my tix out and laughing like a loony. lol!
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:22

Sarah do you have the 'leaders' video to upload? I've never seen it and cant find it anywhere Shocked
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:23

You have your tix?
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:27

Yep picked em up on thursday, should just looking at tickets make a person so happy? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:28

OH! You mean the Halle ones!!! I thought you meant the MEN ones...
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:29

Ha ha! I have something worse than loking at tickets! I look at my confirmation email for the MEN tickets, jus tto remind myself that I did indeed manage to get them though it nearly killed me!!!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:30

nellie wrote:
Sarah do you have the 'leaders' video to upload? I've never seen it and cant find it anywhere Shocked

Give this a go!

http://new.music.yahoo.com/Elbow/videos/view/Leaders-Of-The-Free-World--29056402
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:33

I know what you mean, my hands were shaking on friday morning, it was worse than getting the Morrissey tix and that was pretty bad.
I've got to pick my tix up from the MEN box office, does anyone know if you can get them anytime or is it just on gig night?
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:41

I got mine though See Tickets and they're sending mine registered mail which Ill have to sign for.

When the site finally came on (God, I almost missed it!!) my hands were shaking so badly I could barely type. Filled out the form and submitted, then got a message syaing I had neglegted to select tickets! God, it's a miracle I got them at all!

In that video, was that the guy from Doves making a cameo appearance?
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:42

Sarah! you absolute star cheers Had to watch it through twice.
Dont you think Guy looks just like Stephen Fry playing Gen. Melchet in Blackadder? Hmmm maybe thats why I have an irrational crush on old Stephen. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 18:47

Yes, thansk for that Sarah!!

Ha ha, have you heard Guy's funny story he told on Finest Hour awhile back...he was very behind in paying his council tax so was at the offices to sort it out. He noticed this kid who worked there passing back and forth behind the lady who was dealing with his case. Kept going back and forth, eyeing Guy, and Guy thinks: "spotted, he's recognised me..yes I'm Guy Garvey lead singer of Elbow..", then to his utter mortification he overhears the kid say to one of his colleauges "check out that guy, he looks exactly like Stephen Fry". Laughing
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 19:03

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So thats why Stephen is so appealing, I did wonder where my sudden interest in him came from. Though I do think hes great!
That story is ace I love things like that. Very Happy

I got my tix through Ticketmaster, I could have gotten them posted too but was worried if I wasnt in to sign for them and they went back to the post office I might never see them again, I'm thinking Gollum again! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 19:06

Yeah, when I almost gotr through on ticketmaster I had chosen box office collection..but then it rejected me!! But I must say, in the nearly 10 years I have been uisng Seetickets I hve never had a problem, so I feel fairly secure this time.

(Ooo, I hope I have't jinxed it).

Hey XFM are playing a lovely live version of Newborn!!

Giddy giddy giddy giddy... bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros   Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manchester Meet-ups & Wanted Sombreros
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next