elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Been stood up for Chicago show

Go down 
+4
Topaz
MagicalTrevor
Dabamash
ChrissieInFL
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Been stood up for Chicago show Empty
PostSubject: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 15:16

Alrighty then. I have 2 tix for the Chicago gig on the 29th, and had plans to go with my friend. She is not an Elbow fan, but was coming along anyway as the gig is the day before my birthday, and this trip is my birthday party, so to speak.

This morning she tells me she has to cancel. Something came up at work and there's a conference she's going to have to attend that same week...yada yada yada. I've already made a bunch of calls today, just to see if anyone else I know would be able/willing to join me, but no luck. So now I guess I'll be flying to Chicago and going to the show alone, because I WILL NOT miss this concert! I'm sure the show will be awesome regardless of the fact that I'm attending it by myself, but it still sucks. Would have liked to have shared such a fantastic experience with a pal, and maybe even converted a new Elbow fan. Oh well...more birthday cake for me I suppose!

Not that this is of any relevance whatsoever to anyone but me - I'm just disappointed and I felt like venting. Mad
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 15:23

I would go with you if i lived in florida/chicago......but i don't....

Wait a minute! No-one will take her place!? OMG. They don't know what they are missing.
Oh yer, flog ur spare ticket on Ebay Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 15:26

Dabamash wrote:
Wait a minute! No-one will take her place!? OMG. They don't know what they are missing.

That's EXACTLY what I'm sayin'! How lame are my friends, eh? But nobody here listens to Elbow. Sadness!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008, 21:40

I know it's a long shot but you might try posting this in the "tickets and items for sale" section.

We might not have many registered users yet but I think there are a lot of unregistered lurkers who could be looking for tickets. Worth a try anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr 2008, 13:04

I appreciate the suggestion; I will make a couple more last-ditch attempts to find a travel pal, but if I fail then I'll post about the ticket in case there are any takers. I'm not worried about selling it really, it only cost me $20 but if someone does want it I'd be happy to hook them up. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008, 10:51

Sorry about your "friend" standing you up Chrissie. Their loss!

Going alone might turn out to be a better time for you anyway. No one to answer to or distract you, just bopping around and doing your own thing...

Some of my best times/shows that I can remember, I've been alone. And you meet way more people this way as well.

Love the avatar. alien
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008, 11:05

Speaking of the avatar...who is it?
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008, 14:21

Topaz wrote:
Going alone might turn out to be a better time for you anyway. No one to answer to or distract you, just bopping around and doing your own thing...

Some of my best times/shows that I can remember, I've been alone. And you meet way more people this way as well.

Right you are, Topaz; I usually do go to shows on my own because I don't know too many people who listen to what I do, and I had a blast going to three days of the Langerado festivsal solo, so it's no big. Only bummed because *cue sad violin music* it's my 40th birthday, and it would have been a lot more fun celebrating with one of my GF's. But of a half-dozen people who wanted to join me, it was just too much of a problem for 'em, between work/kids/finances, etc. What are ya gonna do, other than suck it up and make the best of it...and I shall! Very Happy

...Oh, and the avatar photo is me! Not a recent pic, I'll grant you, but my favorite!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008, 14:31

Very good Smile
Back to top Go down
jigsaw
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2008, 05:42

Hope you still attended the show. I went to the Park West gig by myself tonight and really enjoyed the show. They are better live than I had even imagined (this was my first time to see them). Newborn was fantastic!

Ma-na-na-na,
Jigs
Back to top Go down
byronwise
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2008, 07:52

i agree with jigs--great show tonight. surprised to hear 'newborn'--that was the first elbow song i had ever heard way back. the singing was stellar tonight! (other than "forget myself" -- i think that was just an ear monitor glitch...) a winsome and charming performance!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2008, 14:48

I have never been to a concert in 6 years, where they havn't played Newborn.
This singing to them to come out again is becoming quite a feature jocolor
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeWed 30 Apr 2008, 17:33

If you play 'Listen Again' on the current edition of Guy Garvey's Finest Hour and scroll through to about the last 5 or 10 minutes there's a selection of the singing done at the gigs in Britain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitimeThu 01 May 2008, 15:07

jigsaw wrote:
Hope you still attended the show. I went to the Park West gig by myself tonight and really enjoyed the show. They are better live than I had even imagined (this was my first time to see them). Newborn was fantastic!

Ma-na-na-na,
Jigs

Heh heh...mahna mahna to you too! Laughing I did go and had a blast! It was my first time seeing them live as well, and I couldn't have hoped for a better first show than that one! I've posted the set list elsewhere if you want to look it over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been stood up for Chicago show   Been stood up for Chicago show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Been stood up for Chicago show
Page 1 of 1