elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements

Go down 
+22
P 1
fadeupyoursmile
lauren
lucky with disease
leespoons
Trains Are...Mint
MrsMagicalTrevor
vincento72
russycarps
Fancy Pants
asleepintheback
Calum
Misspelt Yoof
Rubys mummy
eboe
Jonny
Glendarian
Tinwal
Dabamash
Hotblack
Topaz
MagicalTrevor
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2008, 06:29

I moved this from announcements to general as the gig is done now and it makes more sense to talk about it here. I'll probably carry on doing this with announcement threads where relevant.

Anyway, it's morning now, and I can fully report on the evening.

First person I saw when I walked into the gig was Pete Turner stood by the merch stand! Should have asked for a photo really, but I still find it a bit odd to go and talk to people I don't know like that. Had it been Guy or Craig I might have done, only cos I met Guy at Christmas and Craig posts on here.

Missed half of I Am Kloot because there were a shocking lack of signs to direct people to the gig, so got lost for a while. I'm not that into them really, although I did used to like John when he was Johnny Dangerously.

Had a weird moment when somebody caught my eye and starting talking to me like I knew them. They looked vaguely familiar so thus ensued a bit of a weird conversation where I thought they were someone from the forum that had recognised me, and they looked at me like I was from Venus because I didn't recognise them from down the pub (The recollection hit me later).

Top notch night I thought, great place to have a gig, really good natural amphitheatre. The sound was superb, as usual. It still astounds me that a band at this level of financial support can produce sound of such sheer quality, whereas Bjork cost me twice as much as last night and sounded like she was performing from the bottle of a barrel of mud.

No rain! but was a bit cold, our fault though, we should have got better clothing really. Some really memorable performances last night. I'm gonna have to get a Sombrero to throw on stage for Mexican Standoff, this could become a Tom Jones knickers type thing, only more expensive and unwieldy.

Giggletastic line of the evening came from Guy - "There's about five and a half thousand of you here tonight - I was told this, I'm not Rain Man".

Newborn amazing as usual, The Fix was superb, with the ever present Mr Hawley making his appearance known, and his "Give this band the clap they deserve" joke also making itself known.

The encore song was supposed to be Teddy Bears Picnic, but I don't think anyone really knew how to get it started, I didn't hear anyone sing it anyway.

Grace Under Pressure was, well frankly, shambolic, since they got Hawley and Kloot back out. I think John had been on the pop since the end of his set. But although it won't go down as a staggering performance or piece of art, the one thing that did come across was that they were all having shedloads of fun, as was I.

We were about to leave then, to avoid the rush but then I JUST heard Guy ask if the crowd wanted to hear another one, so we rushed back cos I just KNEW it was going to be SBAW. I would have been gutted if I'd missed that as they didn't play it at the Academy.

Great stuff, so tempted to go to Glastonbury now!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2008, 10:11

Sounds excellent!

Thanks so much for the review. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Trains Are...Mint
little beast
little beast
Trains Are...Mint

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2008, 11:14

can't quite figure out how to post a link on here, but there's some pics from yesterday over this-a-way:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trainsaremint/sets/72157605618220788/
Back to top Go down
http://www.rollingstockpress.co.uk
Trains Are...Mint
little beast
little beast
Trains Are...Mint

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2008, 11:14

well would you look at that! i did it. all by my self.

x
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2008, 12:35

A superb night. Well worth the drive from, and back to, London. It was getting on for four when I got home!

Kloot set the bar high with their set, Elbow smashed it.

Can't wait 'til tomorrow night at the Royal Festival Hall.
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun 2008, 16:06

Sounds like it was a great night! Thanks for the review MT... wish I'd gone now, although I'm even further away than Misspelt Yoof!

I could tell it was cold from Oliver's photos though... woolly hats in June?!

A tip for meeting up next time - just swap mobile numbers, works like a dream Wink
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 00:14

MagicalTrevor wrote:
his "Give this band the clap they deserve" joke also making itself known.

I said to Glendarian as Mr Hawley came on ' I hope he doesn't do that awful give Elbow the clap gag...etc etc'.... heard it a few times too many now....couldn't believe he cracked it again! geek

MagicalTrevor wrote:

The encore song was supposed to be Teddy Bears Picnic, but I don't think anyone really knew how to get it started, I didn't hear anyone sing it anyway.

Where were you Trev? on the grass or up front...we were singing it, as were some on the barrier. I guess there were not enough children that never grew up, there, that knew the words.
Lyrics very apt for the event, whoever suggested it, but there were various songs going on at the same time...some were still singing the previous elbow song, even though Guy said no Elbow songs for the encore....some were on mantra lunar...

MagicalTrevor wrote:

Grace Under Pressure was, well frankly, shambolic, since they got Hawley and Kloot back out. I think John had been on the pop since the end of his set. But although it won't go down as a staggering performance or piece of art, the one thing that did come across was that they were all having shedloads of fun.

Hope they dont do this tonight aswell...guessing they will, with the male choir.
Wonder if it will be the same set tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 06:51

lucky with disease wrote:
Wonder if it will be the same set tonight.
Wasn't there a quote from the band saying that they wanted to play more of the lesser played stuff tonight? Or did I dream that? They'd probably slip their cover of Teardrop in as well as a nod to the curators.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 07:44

Thanks Trevor for the review - captured it nicely! (I too got lost on the way (followed signs to Delamere Forest that led me to a picnic site that didn't look anywhere near big enough to be the car park for a gig...), but fortunately didn't arrive too late).
I have to add that I love Kloot and thought they did an amazing set. And actually I thought Johnny wandering round going Grace! Grace! randomly added a certain... something to GUP. I was really glad they finished with SBAW - a wonderful way to round off for the set, except for the ***s behind me gassing all the way through it. Why do people do that?

Unfortunately I forgot my camera so look forward to seeing any other people's pics. Smile

I said to Glendarian as Mr Hawley came on
I hadn't twigged before now that Lucky With Disease was you on here! Doh! Lovely to meet up at last! Very Happy

Enjoy tonight, those of you who are going.

Mantra luna everyone.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 09:08

Where were you Trev? on the grass or up front...we were singing it, as were some on the barrier. I guess there were not enough children that never grew up, there, that knew the words.
Lyrics very apt for the event, whoever suggested it, but there were various songs going on at the same time...some were still singing the previous elbow song, even though Guy said no Elbow songs for the encore....some were on mantra lunar...

We were in the middle at the back of the woodchip section, seemingly amongst loads of pot smokers. Sound was brilliant.

Teddy Bears Picnic was suggested on the PowderBlue forum, so I think maybe someone from there was shouting it to the seemingly deaf Mr Garvey.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 09:26

Quote :
seemingly amongst loads of pot smokers.

Yes, there were some nice scents wafting across on the evening air where we were... Smile (A little further in on the standing section) The sound was indeed wonderful there too.
Well we gave Teddy Bears' Picnic a couple of goes from there but obviously not loud enough Wink
Back to top Go down
lauren
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 14:00

wow o wow ee
for my first elbow gig, i was blown away.
it was a double whammy of two great bands, kloot AND elbow. Johnny was absolutely wasted! he was madly dancing at the edge of the stage and pete was taking the mick out of him! haha
i had this young boy next to me, it was his first concert, and when Guy came down to the barrier, he sang to him and patted him on the head. so sweet!
i want to be there all over again!

we could hear teddy bears picnic from the front. it got sung a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 18:00

MagicalTrevor wrote:

Teddy Bears Picnic was suggested on the PowderBlue forum, so I think maybe someone from there was shouting it to the seemingly deaf Mr Garvey.
That was me!
Wish i'd been there, had a couple of phonecalls, it sounded stunning as ever!
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 18:08

Was amazing!

MT, I think I was prob quite close to you from your description!

I crossed paths with Pete just as he was heading backstage, said he couldn't chat but it was 'good to see you again!'

Which was nice!

Absolutely loved it and my mate I took was blown away.

Have to say though, wasn't as good as the ABC in Glasgow...!
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008, 18:16

Trains Are...Mint wrote:
can't quite figure out how to post a link on here, but there's some pics from yesterday over this-a-way:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trainsaremint/sets/72157605618220788/

Saw you walking around the place quite a lot...!
Back to top Go down
Trains Are...Mint
little beast
little beast
Trains Are...Mint

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008, 14:25

oh dear, i don't like the look of that exclamation mark.
Back to top Go down
P 1
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008, 17:53

MagicalTrevor wrote:

We were about to leave then, to avoid the rush but then I JUST heard Guy ask if the crowd wanted to hear another one, so we rushed back cos I just KNEW it was going to be SBAW. I would have been gutted if I'd missed that as they didn't play it at the Academy.

I've uploaded a recording of Scattered B&W at Delamere HERE (mp3 320kbps 18mb)

Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008, 18:23

P 1 wrote:
I've uploaded a recording of Scattered B&W at Delamere HERE (mp3 320kbps 18mb)

Enjoy Very Happy

Listening to it now...it's one of my favorites...oooh, bless your heart for posting it! cheers I am so sad to be missing all the great festivals and unique shows that Elbow are doing this summer in the UK and Europe...how I wish I was there!!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008, 19:00

Don't worry... i live in the country, and thanks to working a job that i can't get days off in term time and a job that pays... interestingly, i haven't been to any of the unique stuff... Gutted i missed this and last night.
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008, 20:50

P 1 - do you possible have a copy of the whole gig?
Back to top Go down
P 1
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008, 21:25

Chrissie - glad you enjoyed the recording. It's one of my favourites too and I was delighted when this one came out the best.
Calum - Yes, I got the whole show, but only the last four songs came out anything like fit to listen to. The rest were spoiled by conversations between some folk in the audience nearby throughout the show. I'll put up ODLT, Station Approach and the exhuberant performance of Grace Under Pressure asap.

What a good night it was Cool
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun 2008, 07:27

Looking forward to hearing that.

Except for GUP Wink
Back to top Go down
Devachas
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun 2008, 08:47

Newbie here.

I was at Delamere on Saturday night for my first Elbow gig and, like someone else said, I was completely blown away. I thought it was brilliant and can't wait to see them again. I was wondering if anyone had the complete set list (in order) so that I could create a playlist on my MP3 player. Apologies if has been posted already but I can't find it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun 2008, 08:50

Hi Devachas, welcome and thanks for joining!

Got this from the powderblue forum.

Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 N677315087_3254968_5771

Plus add on "Scattered Black And Whites" at the end.

For true authenticity you could overdub yourself shouting "GRACE! GRACE!" drunkenly throughout Grace Under Pressure.
Back to top Go down
Devachas
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun 2008, 10:32

Brilliant. Thanks very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements   Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live In Delamere Forest - Moved from Announcements
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next