elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009

Go down 
+5
Kenny Love Dough
Jones
evilpixie
blackmissionary
LongLegs
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 12:16

V Festival has listened to my complaints and have re-jigged the set times to avoid a clash between The Killers and The Human League. I think Snow Patrol might just have the edge over Madness. I liked Madness as a kid but a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 15:36

Still throwing your weight around eh, EP!
I was never a great Madness fan, although I do think they're a bit of fun.
Anyway, I say go catch The Patrol: you'll enjoy it. And we want a full report of the Elbow set of course!
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2009, 16:55

They changed the times again so got to see Duffy, Elbow, Madness and Snow Patrol on 'That' stage. Could have seen most of The Killers too but was a bit gigged out by then having seen the Human League and Elbow on the previous 2 nights.
After seeing them play Wembley it was strange to see the Elboys playing at the Corner Hotel as it was little more than a large pub. Guy was on form and there was plenty of banter between him and the crowd. Can't remember the exact setlist but no real surprises other than Puncture Repair made a welcome return to open the encore.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Apr 2009, 10:24

Aaargh! You lucky devils! Evil or Very Mad
Even though I enjoyed Wembley, I think there's nothing like a small venue for an Elbow gig!
Bet it was top-class as ever! And you got Puncture Repair... I want to cry... Sad
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Apr 2009, 22:18

First time we've seen them do their soundcheck too! Quite sad to think that could be the last time we get to see them play such a small venue (for the foreseeable future at least). Got too much for one fan who announced he'd just had a 'special wee'.
Back to top Go down
blackmissionary
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 00:18

The Corner show was a good show, but not a great one, though that had a fair bit to do with the venue (couldn't see much, as it has a very low stage), and the fucksticks who insisted on talking through most of the songs (except naturally the new songs which they knew). Great banter and audience involvement though. Grounds For Divorce and Station Approach my highlights. Puncture Repair, Switching Off and The Stops not great song choices for the venue/scene/occasion. Bones Of You also good. Their first show here a few years back at the Hi Fi Bar still the best of the three times I've seen them.
Back to top Go down
http://southmelbournefc.blogspot.com/
danyadoi
newborn
newborn
danyadoi

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 02:29

The gig at the V festival was outstanding. I took along some mates who were not fans and are now converted. My partner got to hang with the boys later that night and they were kind enough to sign his shoes! Not as crazy as it sounds: he had only dark clothes on and no wallet or phone. A great day
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 22:17

blackmissionary wrote:
Puncture Repair, Switching Off and The Stops not great song choices for the venue/scene/occasion.

Would have thought they were most suited to small, intimate venues.
Back to top Go down
blackmissionary
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 23:50

evilpixie wrote:
blackmissionary wrote:
Puncture Repair, Switching Off and The Stops not great song choices for the venue/scene/occasion.

Would have thought they were most suited to small, intimate venues.

It's a pub gig, needed more rock. Last time they were here, they played the Prince of Wales which is another pub, and songs like Forget Myself went off... though on that tour they also played Good Day and Brambles which confused the hell out of 99% of the audience. I think momentum wasn't the strong point of the show, but like I said, maybe if I had a spot closer to the stage I would have felt more energy from the crowd for a start.
Back to top Go down
http://southmelbournefc.blogspot.com/
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Apr 2009, 07:21

I think you're right that where you are for a gig has the biggest influence on how you perceive it. Once went to see Mylo at the Brixton Academy. Stood at the back initially and couldn't get into it, but loved it the moment we went to the front. Would have liked Snow Patrol's performance at the V Festival more if I hadn't been standing next to a girl who spent the whole show shouting "Gary, look at the flag".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2