elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009

Go down 
+5
Kenny Love Dough
Jones
evilpixie
blackmissionary
LongLegs
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 08:53

I just go tthis from V Australia!

AUSTRALIA! V FESTIVAL IS BACK IN '09!
Three is indeed a magic number, and having reached their third anniversary with ease and panache, V Festival will again mark out their turf in late March and early April when they present four Aussie events in Sydney, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Perth.

The first lineup announcement has been released, and includes:

> THE KILLERS
> SNOW PATROL
> KAISER CHIEFS
> DUFFY
> ELBOW
> LOUIS XIV
> THE DO
> TAME IMPALA
> THE TEMPER TRAP
> CANYONS
> + heaps more still to be announced

Ticketmaster is offering My Ticketmaster subscribers the chance to purchase tickets to V Festival 09 before they go on sale to the general public!

Remember to quote the code word TMLOVESV09 when purchasing tickets online.

This exclusive Internet only presale is available from 12 noon, Wednesday 26 November until 5pm, Thursday 27 November 2008 and is strictly subject to availability.

Don't miss out on tickets to the hottest festival of 2009!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
blackmissionary
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2008, 22:07

There's five empty days between the first two and second two dates, so here's hoping for a sidewshow. It'd be the third time I'e seen them if it happens.
Back to top Go down
http://southmelbournefc.blogspot.com/
blackmissionary
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009, 06:38

Source: Mess and Noise messageboard

ELBOW have finally announced a Melbourne sideshow... Thursday April 2nd @ The Corner Hotel.

Tix $60.

On sale next Thursday Feb 5th.

Bloody excited.
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 16:21

Tickets already on sale if you click on on the buy tickets link in the Live section on the Elbow website.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Feb 2009, 17:22

Is anyone from here going?
My friend in Oz is trying to persuade me to come over but it's just that little bit too far, even for a looney like me! Wink
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Feb 2009, 19:02

Might be going to Melbourne if there's space on the flights. Go on Jones, you know you wanna Wink
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Feb 2009, 12:15

Dang you, Mr Pixie!!!
Of course I wanna, wanna, wanna!
Just don't have the time... Sad
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Feb 2009, 15:36

I know what you mean. I've only got the time off because I couldn't get leave for the holiday we were planning at the end of May.

Hope you can find a way around it. The weather has got to be better there...surely!!!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Feb 2009, 20:07

You really going?
I hate you. Well, not really but still...dang!
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Feb 2009, 20:17

Seeing the Elboys at the V Festival and the Corner House but going a week early to watch Lewis in his first race as World Champion. As an added bonus, The Who are playing a free gig afterwards. Please don't hate us...JOIN US! Beer
Back to top Go down
blackmissionary
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb 2009, 03:30

I've got my ticket, yay.
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2009, 16:08

Just seen that The Human League, Madness and Razorlight have been added to the V festival line-up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blackmissionary
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2009, 23:21

Never thought I'd see the day that Elbow would be such a hot ticket downunder... ridiculous prices for tickets... Melbourne ticket cost $60 by the way

http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=elbow+tickets&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2009, 23:27

It's still cheaper than flying to the other side of the world to see them!
Grab the chance while you can! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blackmissionary
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 04:30

Jones wrote:
It's still cheaper than flying to the other side of the world to see them!
Grab the chance while you can! Very Happy

Oh, I bought my ticket already for the standard price! Their first show here cost $40, as did their second one. First show was at a 900 person capacity venue, not sold out, the second one I'm not sure of the capacity, but it was sold out (their first sell out aussie show).
Back to top Go down
Kenny Love Dough
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 08:41

Just wondering if anyone knows if Richard Hawley is making the trip for the Australia tour - would be amazing if he is...fantastic part of the set when he appears from the wings!

I'm an exiled Mancunian - well Lancastrian really but went to school in Bury and lived in Didsbury - and am living out in Brisbane at the moment. Going to V fest on the Gold Coast and taking my girlfiend to the Tivoli gig in Brisbane on the Tuesday after - wondering if anyone else on the board is making it to the Brisbane show?

And my speech is just a gas leak..............
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 08:56

Hi Kenny and welcome. I live in Didsbury at the moment!

If what Richard said at Wembley is true, then that was the last performance of RH and Elbow, so I doubt he will be in Oz. He tends to stay close to home a lot, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 08:59

Kenny Love Dough wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knows if Richard Hawley is making the trip for the Australia tour
He said at Wembley that it'd probably be his last ever show with the band so I guess that rules him out.

Be sure to come back and give us a report.
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 19:08

It's not gonna be his last ever, but definitely for a very long time, as he's in the middle of his album at the moment, so he'll need to promote that once he's finished. He said that he's loved this past year with them. There's no way he'll be able to keep himself away Razz (My girlfriend's on his forum Razz)

It better not be his last anyway, as he's not been at either of the gigs that i've been at, and i'd love to see it Very Happy Oh, and most of you'll love this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjSTFHskKkg (Richard Hawley and Guy Garvey singing Coles Corner Very Happy)

May have already seen it, but if you've not, it's so gooooooooood! Razz
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2009, 10:27

Grant wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjSTFHskKkg (Richard Hawley and Guy Garvey singing Coles Corner Very Happy)

Haha, I was at that Grant and they were only about 3 feet away! Twisted Evil

Anyway , I hardly think Hawley would be flying all the way out there just to do one song with the boys and I haven't heard of him doing any shows over there by himself...
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2009, 20:16

OMG!!!! YOU LUCKY PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz He's definitely not going to australia. he may after he's finished and then promoted his next album, possibly not, but hopefully Razz
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2009, 09:25

Good news that Elbow are on for 1hr15mins and don't clash with anyone else I want to see. Shame that they're on before sunset and that I've got to decide between The Killers or The Human League Sad
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Mar 2009, 22:11

evilpixie wrote:
I've got to decide between The Killers or The Human League Sad

Oh, it has to be The Killers!
Saw them here just recently and they are just fab! I defy you not to dance!!!
I am soooo jealous! Enjoy you two!!!
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 03:02

Listened to both Snow Patrol's and The Killer's new albums on the in-flight entertainment and I'm more undecided than ever! The Who were fantastic last night as was the GP result. Happen to be staying in a hotel next to a place called Elbowroom. How weird is that? Looking forward to seeing the Elboys in a couple of days. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 20:23

Can you catch a bit of both???
For me as a long-term Snow Patrol fan, I would choose The Patrol.
However having just recently seen The Killers I think I would recommend them to you; loads of energy and like I said you won't be able to stand still!
Elbowroom eh? Woooohhhh (makes scary ghostly noise) Very Twilight Zone! Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Smiley-scared004
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009   Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow Australian V Festival Tour March/April 2009
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next