elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows

Go down 
+35
Bennington
NeonChoir
oneofthethree
lucky with disease
Emylou123
cerepl
leespoons
Mr_K
Mirrorball
natalia
Eag
fadeupyoursmile
ElbowFreak
jEUR
Glendarian
Hotblack
AyannaD
sparky
Lynne
My Bury Vest
ticky
Trains Are...Mint
takemeanywhere
LongLegs
TamedLamia
MagicalTrevor
Dano
Misspelt Yoof
ukkonen
Jones
ChrissieInFL
errant
CrisalidaBoy
HattyMarris
ChrissyBoy
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 23:00

ukkonen wrote:
i just noticed that they have 'lippy kids' as an available download through the amazon UK site, huh.

Just bought a copy of it, sounds like it could be the album version!

I sounds even better with the Halle in the background Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 00:00

Bennington wrote:
That was awesome. NLR's really does have a 'McGreggor' vibe about it. I'm liking what I'm hearing!

I was thinking more Bitten By The Tailfly (mainly the intro to NLR) but I can definitely hear McGreggor too!
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 12:40

ukkonen wrote:
what are you looking at, chrissyboy? amazon?

i just noticed that they have 'lippy kids' as an available download through the amazon UK site, huh.

yes Amazon and Play

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004MEHKP8?ie=UTF8&tag=polydorcouk-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B004MEHKP8

http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download-Track/4-/18687749/neat-little-rows/Product.html?aid=18686736&searchstring=Elbow+neat+little+rows&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search&P36=TDYKAG&affid=universalmusicuk&awc=buyat&_$ja=tsid:11516|prd:universalmusicuk

EDIT: Actually these links relate to 'Album' versions - maybe they are just the individual Album tracks rather than the single release - although the links were from the barb unlock page ?

Last edited by ChrissyBoy on Wed 23 Feb 2011, 19:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 19:20

Looks like the amazon download of lippy kids has been taken off. Was working at lunchtime, but couldn't download as work is routed via SUS servers so it was out of region. Grrrrr
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 19:28

must have been a mistake !!
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 21:27

ChrissyBoy, I think it's labeled as 'album version' because the radio release is a radio edit. It's a mystery as to why there's no b-sides, though. I've never seen a digital release not have a b-side attached to it. iTunes gets a lot of exclusives, so maybe there's a b-side attached to their release.

re: Lippy Kids, can't believe they decided to make it unavailable after releasing it on the 9th. At least someone was able to download it before it was taken down. Smile
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2011, 01:37

Wait, no more "Lippy Kids?" WUT. D:
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2011, 09:20

Single Now up on Amazon for download Monday.

looks like Ticker Tape is the second Track ! Quite like the vibe on this one on the preview

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=neat+little+rows
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2011, 18:11

You can download it tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 10:35

Downloaded and listening now !!

Ticker Tape is much more darker and sinister sounding Cool

and a lovely expanded Neat little Rows change 3mins in - which wasn't apparent on the shorter one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 11:03

It's dark, I like it, I'm not sure about the knocking at the start, kinda through me off, but the more I listen the more I like. The mechanicalness of the music kinda reminds me of Bjorks 'Army of Me'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 14:09

The middle-8 of "Neat Little Rows" is quite different!

I'm used to the video mix of the song, and that bit -- which sounds like people shouting and seagulls -- took me completely unawares.

But it's worth it! I struggled valiantly for half an hour with proxy servers to get the download from Amazon UK, and ultimately it worked, and it's awesome!

"Ticker Tape" is loud and proggy. Reminds me of the White Stripes, actually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011, 14:20

I haven't bought Neat Little Rows yet as it's going to be on the album (presumably it'll the same mix?) so am trying to be patient Wink but Ticker tape is pure heaven - love it!! Elbow B-sides are often very different so I don't know what this suggests about the album if anything - but on its own it's a brilliant track - love the atmosphere and the darkness. I love you
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 09:51

Ticker tape is a great song, i love how there's two different sets of Guy's vocals on top of each other.

Also with the humming towards the end, is anyone else reminded of Nude by Radiohead?
Back to top Go down
negative8ball
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 19:50

Anyone know of somewhere to get Ticker Tape (and the album version of Neat Little Rows) outside the UK? I've got the 7" on order - but am just feeling too impatient and want to ALSO purchase the MP3s (easier than ripping the vinyl when it arrives anyways LOL)...

Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011, 19:57

negative8ball wrote:
Anyone know of somewhere to get Ticker Tape (and the album version of Neat Little Rows) outside the UK? I've got the 7" on order - but am just feeling too impatient and want to ALSO purchase the MP3s (easier than ripping the vinyl when it arrives anyways LOL)...

Anyone know?
You need a proxy server. I did it yesterday. Smile

Before I did anything proxy-wise, I went to Amazon UK. I had to make my default 1-Click address a UK address, and I did that. (I used the offices of my company's London office. If you have friends in the UK, use their address.)

Then, I went to daveproxy.co.uk. There, I entered the Amazon UK address. Then, I searched for the single.

I was able to add the mp3 single to my basket with 1-Click. Amazon told me I didn't have the Amazon downloader installed, which I did, and when I scrolled down the page I was able to click a link that indicated that it was installed.

Amazon thought for a moment. And then my download started.

All told, it took about half an hour. (I tried to alter my proxy settings in my browser, but that didn't work.) But I was able to download the single from the UK while sitting in Baltimore, and life was awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 18:39

Of course daveproxy.co.uk appears to be down when I try it. My luck appears to be non-existent. I'll have to keep trying off/on this week. Thanks for the info, Allyn.
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 14:27

Just checked the itunes charts and NLR is currently at 114!

Lest hope plenty of people bought off other sites and physical copies

It doesn't deserve to be that far down surely
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 17:49

I know its a great track.... I haven't heard it being played on the general Radio at all ??

(other than the Zane clip when it was first played)
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 17:56

Wasn't too sure at first listen, but it sounded amazing last night!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 18:45

Lynne wrote:

Wasn't too sure at first listen, but it sounded amazing last night!

Yeah, absolutely storming!
Back to top Go down
negative8ball
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 22:03

LOVE the full length... that middle bit makes all the difference.
Back to top Go down
Kiresg
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 23:28

allyngibson wrote:
negative8ball wrote:

Anyone know?
You need a proxy server. I did it yesterday. Smile

Before I did anything proxy-wise, I went to Amazon UK. I had to make my default 1-Click address a UK address, and I did that. (I used the offices of my company's London office. If you have friends in the UK, use their address.)

Then, I went to daveproxy.co.uk. There, I entered the Amazon UK address. Then, I searched for the single.

I was able to add the mp3 single to my basket with 1-Click. Amazon told me I didn't have the Amazon downloader installed, which I did, and when I scrolled down the page I was able to click a link that indicated that it was installed.

Amazon thought for a moment. And then my download started.

All told, it took about half an hour. (I tried to alter my proxy settings in my browser, but that didn't work.) But I was able to download the single from the UK while sitting in Baltimore, and life was awesome. Smile

I found a proxy that finally got me past the first Amazon error code, but then it told me: "There is an error with your account that needs addressed. Please log on to update your information." And then, once I had typed in my email and password, the damn thing froze. Every. Single. Time.

Why can't someone just post a Youtube video with the full version of Neat Little Rows? I will send Elbow five dollars American in the mail, worse case--I am just exhausted of waiting.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 19:31

Definitely loving the middle section. Very Fallen Angel!
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 19:51

NLR didn't even chart in the top 100!

What has happened to the music industry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows   Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Single Release ? - Neat Little Rows
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7